Holland | i am thinking about working for holland

Wilson is about out of business sefl works the dog crap out of you and saia never calls back

I think you are a troll,just trying to get a rise.You claim to be a concerned holland man,worrying about our freight and now you say you are applying everywhere you can.You say holland is so much better than southeastern but you are applying at SAIA .You are full of sh t. Btw you said you applied at Dugan .When did this happen?

I think you are a Liar that talks out of both sides of your mouth.
Non union companies don't care if you worked for a Union before, they aren't union and as such can fire you at any time if they don't like you. Non union guys and gals are "at will employees", meaning they can can you at anytime. Most of the nons most experienced applicants are from union lines.

I am thinking about joining holland in south bend indiana. What can i expect in the first 6 months
Dude run away from Holland. YRC ruined this place, still good people working and hoping but bottom line Holland is only gonna get worse unless yrc sells or spins them off. I've been there 20 years and never thought I'd see the day when guys with over 15 years leaving to go work elsewhere.

Dude run away from Holland. YRC ruined this place, still good people working and hoping but bottom line Holland is only gonna get worse unless yrc sells or spins them off. I've been there 20 years and never thought I'd see the day when guys with over 15 years leaving to go work elsewhere.

Holland may not be what it once was, but it is still a good job. The grass ain't always greener and I personally think leaving after 15 years is a mistake unless going to UPSF or UPS Parcel, maybe ABF, but then you're still starting at the bottom of the board all over again. I also don't think we're as micro managed as some at UPS and UPSF.

We rant and complain, but Holland is still one of the top 5 driving jobs in the industry right now, and as Teamsters we still have a say in our future. I personally will never leave for any non union job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holland may not be what it once was, but it is still a good job. The grass ain't always greener and I personally think leaving after 15 years is a mistake unless going to UPSF or UPS Parcel, maybe ABF, but then you're still starting at the bottom of the board all over again. I also don't think we're as micro managed as some at UPS and UPSF.

We rant and complain, but Holland is still one of the top 5 driving jobs in the industry right now, and as Teamsters we still have a say in our future. I personally will never leave for any non union job.
Well if I'm a new guy starting out surely went come here, just giving dude honest advice. Your gonna be on call for $15hr to start and for every 4 years you work you get 1yr credit @2009 rate. And yes you pay for your health benefits because the 15% they take is going somewhere.

Well if I'm a new guy starting out surely went come here, just giving dude honest advice. Your gonna be on call for $15hr to start and for every 4 years you work you get 1yr credit @2009 rate. And yes you pay for your health benefits because the 15% they take is going somewhere.

You have to know the starting hourly rate is almost $18.00 hr. Yes the pension credit at this time is 25% of what it once was. Your healthcare for both you and your family is still free, the same as it was before the 15% concession.

If your just trying to give him honest advice, tell him where you work so maybe he can apply there. If you work at Holland or YRC, why haven't you left yet for greener pastures?

Not saying it's a perfect job, but it is what it is right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are almost correct! You get a year credit for every year you work.Albeit at 25% of 2009 rates.Time wise their is a difference,moneywise not!

You have to know the starting hourly rate is almost $18.00 hr. Yes the pension credit at this time is 25% of what it once was. Your healthcare for both you and your family is still free, the same as it was before the 15% concession.
That's the majority of the people's problem, YOUR HEALTHCARE IS NOT FREE!!!! When they're taking 15% out of your paycheck every week which for full scale guys is about $200.00 I surely went say your health care is free.

If your just trying to give him honest advice, tell him where you work so maybe he can apply there. If you work at Holland or YRC, why haven't you left yet for greener pastures?

Non union companies don't care if you worked for a Union before, they aren't union and as such can fire you at any time if they don't like you. Non union guys and gals are "at will employees", meaning they can can you at anytime.
You're right, they can fire you whenever they want, but why would a non-union carrier fire their drivers for no real reason when they have a driver shortage also? That wouldn't make any sense.

Most of the nons most experienced applicants are from union lines.
Again you're right. So then, what does that say about the unions now if the union applicants are looking at non-union companies for a "better" job?

The union and union companies better get their :crap: together from what I see.

Just to clear the air, Dugan is infact still in business DBA Dugan Truck Line. The same family also owned Chris Truck Line which sold out to Vitran. Dugan is sporting white Peterbilts and Internationals. I see them around SG JP KC.

$18.00hr minus 15%%%%%%%%= $15.30
So you can say you make 15.30 a hour OR $18.00 hour but $2.70 hour goes towards your FREE Healthcare or :shit:ty pension! All depends how you want to sell getting ****ed to yourself.