FedEx Freight | I applied for rehire in Indy for road driver

Outsider

TB Lurker
Credits
Yeah i resigned in June last year to pursue being a business owner. It's not really working out. So i read here at TB that Indy was hiring a few drivers. When i left last year i had 9 safe years in as a road driver. Hopefully Fedex hires ex-employee's. I really miss my job. I''ll tell you folks that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Hopefully i get lucky and get my foot back in the door. When i first came to the conclusion that my business was nearing the end i started looking at other ltl company's and none of them seem to have Fedex Freight's awe. Conway and Estes seem shady. This is the leader in ltl by far. I was hesitant at first because of the thought of 30/40 drivers who were juniors to me at the time having seniority over me now. I'm over that. i just want to drive for the best again.

As long as they liked you there, you should get preference over any one else off the street to get hired, that's how it works at my barn. I agree with your statement, we are the best. While all things cant be perfect, It is a good job. We are now the #1 ltl carrier when it comes to bills per day.

You should also check with them, if it has been less than 1 year since you quit, you should come back at top pay and keep your vacation, however, you will go to the bottom of the driver seniority list, but you should keep your co. seniority. We had 2 road drivers quit and come back into the city. That is how it worked out for them. :thumbsup:

Not sure which driver you are. But they have rehired 2 guys who quit one of them even walked out. Apply and call Ky who is the manager now. They are having trouble finding people so u shouldn't have to much trouble. Sorry about your business trouble. If you want pm me and I'll see if I can be of any assistance in getting you back in.

[quote author=fed875 link=topic=79641.msg825506#msg825506 date=1272527384]
Not sure which driver you are. But they have rehired 2 guys who quit one of them even walked out. Apply and call Ky who is the manager now. They are having trouble finding people so u shouldn't have to much trouble. Sorry about your business trouble. If you want pm me and I'll see if I can be of any assistance in getting you back in.
[/quote]

Fed875... i sent you a pm