Estes | I don't know what the problem is ¿

shadowgate

TB Lurker
Credits
I have been with Estes for five years now, I have had all the work I wanted,I am making more money then I have ever made(i've been driving sence 86) why are we all unhappy here¿ We all should help make Estes A better place to work.
it's not all someone elses fault sometimes employees make the difference. Estes isnt perfect, and either am I

I have been with Estes for five years now, I have had all the work I wanted,I am making more money then I have ever made(i've been driving sence 86) why are we all unhappy here¿ We all should help make Estes A better place to work.
it's not all someone elses fault sometimes employees make the difference. Estes isnt perfect, and either am I
:1036316054: good post TeamEstes, glad to see another employee who likes their job.

The problem is you haven't worked for estes long enough to see thru the smoke and mirrors. Don't misunderstand what I'm saying-talk to some of the old hands. The only gripe I've got is time and a half, think back of all the hours you worked over 40 how much did you lost out on? That's money in their pocket and on top of that giving you a half a buck based on performance, please just call it a raise or better still cost of living:chairshot:THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORAL IMPROVES:Bondage:

This is a good post , Did you ever hear make the best out
of what you have or move on. He has a good point here and
by pulling tougher you can make it a better place , this includes
taking the things that make it a bad place and changing it as
a team . There are more drivers that management there , make
it happen. The Estes guys I see in my area seem to be generaly
a happy crew.

This is a good post , Did you ever hear make the best out
of what you have or move on. He has a good point here and
by pulling tougher you can make it a better place , this includes
taking the things that make it a bad place and changing it as
a team . There are more drivers that management there , make
it happen. The Estes guys I see in my area seem to be generaly
a happy crew.
That's right Estes my be screwed up a bit but what trucking company isn't. If you really don't like it that much, it is a open door. God knows if I think it gets to bad I know where the door is. GOOD POST GUYS

yes it would be nice for you guy"s to get that time in a half but what you going to do if they was to give it to you and then say know one can get over 40 hours?

yes it would be nice for you guy"s to get that time in a half but what you going to do if they was to give it to you and then say know one can get over 40 hours?

That would be one less thing for me to **** and moan about, 40 hrs. is fine with me:1036316054: I can put up with most of the other B.S. that comes my way

i know when i was working in the city it seem to me that estes was the place to work you always heard the city guys talking good about the company and estes has always paid good money then all of a sudden you have all these guys come on truckingboards talking the company down and it has gotten real bad since estes bought out g.i.trucking. it seems to me that estes is trying to do somthing right they are hiring line drivers at everyone of the va,terminals so sombody is trying to turn somethings around. just like one of the guys said the other day when i posted that estes was doing all that hiring and he going to say thats because of all the people that have quit i dont believe that many people are unhappy and just up and quit. no matter were you go it is going to be the same these companies now days are out for one thing and that is to make money. you hear guys asking is estes for sale i tell you what if the dollar signs are big enough everything is for sale.

i know when i was working in the city it seem to me that estes was the place to work you always heard the city guys talking good about the company and estes has always paid good money then all of a sudden you have all these guys come on truckingboards talking the company down and it has gotten real bad since estes bought out g.i.trucking. it seems to me that estes is trying to do somthing right they are hiring line drivers at everyone of the va,terminals so sombody is trying to turn somethings around. just like one of the guys said the other day when i posted that estes was doing all that hiring and he going to say thats because of all the people that have quit i dont believe that many people are unhappy and just up and quit. no matter were you go it is going to be the same these companies now days are out for one thing and that is to make money. you hear guys asking is estes for sale i tell you what if the dollar signs are big enough everything is for sale.
Things were going down hill here before we bought GI. It didn't help to take on GI at the time they did, but it's not the fault of GI or the guys that we acquired.

Estes problem is mgmt, mgmt, mgmt. They have failed to keep up with the times, literally. Automation, pay, benefits, intelligence, etc. Oh and intelligence.

Did I forget to mention intelligence? Just wondering.

Old man Estes, rest his soul at least made things bearable enough to stay within a reasonable margin of the labor force being in existence in his time.

Now, it's all about Robey and his mis-interpretation of business know how.

I have posted time and again that I am not necessarily pro union, but it's pretty funny how the union companies keep growing and sit at the top, while we dwindle and fail.

About the quitting and hiring, etc., you just need to understand what was happening out west, and to some extent the rest of the country too.

A couple rounds of layoffs and then the layoffs were not called back when hiring started up again. That shows guys that were not layed off what this owner is about. Then some of those quit to work with a company that has a few more scruples. There will always be people willing to hire on here, i.e. ex Schneiders, Swift, etc. They will see the numbers, hop over, then see the light and they too will look elsewhere after a while.

If you're happy, then that's great, really. But for those willing to speak up and try to get some of the upper management morons to finally understand the indignity of their daily business routine, I rally with them also.

Sticking it out and trying to get some positive changes is not bad. Look what some out west did with their overtime and delay pay. If they hadn't stood up and stood ground, they would still be the same as the rest of us.

Get it guys? The west got change through strength and balls, not like the rest where the blinders stay on and the brain stops working.

Stand up for what's right. You may lose your job, but then most who say the guys that complain should quit because theirs plenty of jobs out there, guess what, theirs jobs out there for guys who stand up also.

Happy New Year

biggest whinners don't even work here anymore

"Biggest whinners"? I don't think that's a word. But I will help you. Biggest WINNERS don't even work here anymore. And if you are as tired of all the bs, as you say, why don't you take your keyboard and your beer bong and go elsewhere? I'll tell you why you don't. Because you are mesmerized by my every word. Elvis the puppet master is out....

"Biggest whinners"? I don't think that's a word. But I will help you. Biggest WINNERS don't even work here anymore. And if you are as tired of all the bs, as you say, why don't you take your keyboard and your beer bong and go elsewhere? I'll tell you why you don't. Because you are mesmerized by my every word. Elvis the puppet master is out....

just amazed how stupied people are

:hysterical:wow good spelling again, be careful who you call stupid roflmao:hysterical:

whine (hwn, wn)
v. whined, whin·ing, whines
v.intr.
1. To utter a plaintive, high-pitched, protracted sound, as in pain, fear, supplication, or complaint.
2. To complain or protest in a childish fashion.
3. To produce a sustained noise of relatively high pitch: jet engines whining.
v.tr.
To utter with a whine.
n.
1. The act of whining.
2. A whining sound.
3. A complaint uttered in a plaintive tone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Middle English whinen, from Old English hwnan, to make a whizzing sound.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

whiner n.
whining·ly adv.
whiny, whiney adj.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2003. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

stu·pid (stōō'pĭd, styōō'-) Pronunciation Key
adj. stu·pid·er, stu·pid·est

Slow to learn or understand; obtuse.
Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes.
Marked by a lack of intelligence or care; foolish or careless: a stupid mistake.
Dazed, stunned, or stupefied.
Pointless; worthless: a stupid job.

n. A stupid or foolish person.

[Latin stupidus, from stupēre, to be stunned.]

stu'pid·ly adv., stu'pid·ness n.

(Download Now or Buy the Book) The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2006 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

you have it right 10 speed estes in it for the money. why else would he be in buisness for is there anyone of us that would start a buisness for the benifit of eveyone else first? it's up to us to help turn this mess around. he bought gi and there fighting every move the company makes. and old man estes died, it's going to take some work is what I think. we could could make this a great place to work if we worked together.

...we could could make this a great place to work if we worked together.
That's why we need to drop the rivalry bullcrap and start working with the boys out west, they are the ONLY ONES who have gotten anything done in favor of the employees here. BUT, hey, easterners just seem to know best. Look at our overtime and delay pay, then look at the ex-GI's. Add it up folks, enough BS and start working together.:chairshot::chairshot::chairshot:

:hysterical:wow good spelling again, be careful who you call stupid roflmao:hysterical:

whine (hwn, wn)
v. whined, whin·ing, whines
v.intr.
1. To utter a plaintive, high-pitched, protracted sound, as in pain, fear, supplication, or complaint.
2. To complain or protest in a childish fashion.
3. To produce a sustained noise of relatively high pitch: jet engines whining.
v.tr.
To utter with a whine.
n.
1. The act of whining.
2. A whining sound.
3. A complaint uttered in a plaintive tone.

[Middle English whinen, from Old English hwnan, to make a whizzing sound.]

whiner n.
whining·ly adv.
whiny, whiney adj.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2003. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

stu·pid (stōō'pĭd, styōō'-) Pronunciation Key
adj. stu·pid·er, stu·pid·est

Slow to learn or understand; obtuse.
Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes.
Marked by a lack of intelligence or care; foolish or careless: a stupid mistake.
Dazed, stunned, or stupefied.
Pointless; worthless: a stupid job.

n. A stupid or foolish person.

[Latin stupidus, from stupēre, to be stunned.]

stu'pid·ly adv., stu'pid·ness n.

(Download Now or Buy the Book) The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2006 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

thank you:1036316054: