Estes | I don't know what the problem is ¿

One problem with management is the outright lies. Estes slaps it on thick then comes up short. Stop lieing and I bet morale starts to improve immediatly.
And I do not care if I spelled everything correctly or not.
One other thing everyone should be paid equally. West should not get more than East and vise versa. That is crapola and all employees should stand up for that.

One problem with management is the outright lies. Estes slaps it on thick then comes up short. Stop lieing and I bet morale starts to improve immediatly.
And I do not care if I spelled everything correctly or not.
One other thing everyone should be paid equally. West should not get more than East and vise versa. That is crapola and all employees should stand up for that.

Turned is making sense here. The East has to demand that they get what the west has. Overtime after 48 not 55. Breakdown pay after 1 hr. not 3 hrs. $9.50 to break set. $9.50 to hook a set. etc. Is that too much to ask for? Elvis out.....oh I almost forgot 54.5 cents per mile also

I don't blame the guys out west for stirring up trouble. If they had it better before they were bought out, why shouldn't it be the same after they were? I see more guys with 30+ years of service in the Estes magazine that worked for GI, than I do for Estes guys. So apparently they had a good thing going there. At least until the buyout. I wish I could find more guys around here, and the rest of the east coast that would have balls enough to stand up and get us the same things, or better. As for management and employees working as a team... That will never happen. They (management) spend too much time segregating employees into the ones they favor and the ones that always take the blame. Management never listens to our suggestions or complaints, but we're supposed to listen to their every command? The way I see it is, they work for us. They might think otherwise, but we do the work, while they sit around and drink their coffee and scratch their lottery tickets.

Get the hell out of there if your unhappy.

There's soo many local jobs out there it's ridiculous. Plus you can drive a nicer truck than what they have. There trucks are ugly plain and simple

Turned is making sense here. The East has to demand that they get what the west has. Overtime after 48 not 55. Breakdown pay after 1 hr. not 3 hrs. $9.50 to break set. $9.50 to hook a set. etc. Is that too much to ask for? Elvis out.....oh I almost forgot 54.5 cents per mile also

UMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how about that 54.5 cpm for ALL of the ex-GI guys. HMMMMMM not just for some how about all of us?

if you guys ask around it like that at most companies the people out on the west coast will be paid more because of the cost of living,the people up north will be paid more to keep the union out,then there is the east and south you will be paid whats left.

if you guys ask around it like that at most companies the people out on the west coast will be paid more because of the cost of living,the people up north will be paid more to keep the union out,then there is the east and south you will be paid whats left.
Lots of truth in that one

UMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how about that 54.5 cpm for ALL of the ex-GI guys. HMMMMMM not just for some how about all of us?

Well they gave .0125 cents raise to the lower top scale and .01 cent to the upper top scale, so the lower top scale will catch up to the upper top scale in 12 years.
I am sorry to inform you ESTES this is not making things even, and it is not fair.
Oh wait another lie by mangement we have one pay scale LIERS. "some pigs are more egual than others" Animal Farm

you have it right 10 speed estes in it for the money. why else would he be in buisness for is there anyone of us that would start a buisness for the benifit of eveyone else first? it's up to us to help turn this mess around. he bought gi and there fighting every move the company makes. and old man estes died, it's going to take some work is what I think. we could could make this a great place to work if we worked together.

Teamestes, You started this thread entitled, "you don't know what the problem is" But it sounds to me that you have come to the conclusion that G.I. is the source of all that is wrong with Estes. Estes has been a less than desirable employer for a long, long time sir. Way before any partnership or purchase of G.I. So to blame anybody other then the occupants of the ivory tower, located in Richmond Va. for Estes' lack of quality personnel and market share, is extremely naive. My G.I. brothers, and I, made a formidable stand against Robs' greed. But other then that, what moves are G.I. people fighting against? I will always call them G.I. drivers, by the way. I don't care if they painted the trucks mountain Dew yellow or not. They( the older G.I. guys) will always be red white and blue G.I. drivers, in my book. Elvis out...

i work for fedex and i will tell you that the guy"s up north and the guy"s out west are on a different pay scale than the guy"s in the east. they make more by the hour and by the mile.

i work for fedex and i will tell you that the guy"s up north and the guy"s out west are on a different pay scale than the guy"s in the east. they make more by the hour and by the mile.

I just talked to a friend of mine that works at FedEx and he said east makes more with the exception of a few terminals in the west.

I Enjoy Working For Estes.we Have Been Running Team For Almost 6 Years Here. No Company Is Perfect, They All Have Their Own Querks. It Just Seems That Alot Of People Have Forgotten What It Was Like To Be Hauling General Freight. All The Down Time With No Pay Being Stuck At A Truck Stop For The Weekend. This Is The Easiest Trucking Job We Have Ever Had. No Problems With Dispatchers, We Walk Into A Terminal And Give Them Our Paperwork And We Take Whatever Load They Give Us. But What I Can't Understand Is When I Go To Terminal 041 They Have No Freight So I Sit And Wait But, An Outside Carrier Walks In And Gets A 2300 Mile Run And I Wait For Hours To Get A 250 Mile Run. That Is The Only Thing I Don't Undrestand About This Company.

As Far As Estes West. Their Are Alot Of Great People Out Their. We Were The First Team To Go To Riverside. The Drivers Their Had Alot Of Questions. We Were There About 2 Hours Answering Questions And Have Discussions About The Differnt Benefits Each Side Has. It Seems To Me That Estes West Lost Alot More Than They Gained. You Now That Old Saying Why Can't We All Just Get Along!!! But I Guess That Would Be To Easy. If We All Deciided To Make Peace With Each Other And Become A Whole Company Instead Of 2 Halfs We Would All Be The Ones To Benefit