TForce | I don't think this company has a long term plan

No port

Libertarian free thinker
Credits
Eventually there is nothing left to cut, and most certainly the ups holdovers don't know how to make money by picking up and delivering freight. What is the long term viability of this company?

I agree with steercrazee and OP.

Its possible that the Company itself is the product. Not the overall Freight.

When I attended trucking school on the old Haven Street Plant in Baltimore back in the 80's it was actually a little breakbulk transload facility that had I think four docks on this side and a straight old boxcar raildock on the other with a big covered pad in the middle to transload freight. They had a old late model 50's white two axle on a 17 foot strick or stoughton van to learn on on the property.

Anyway the stories imparted to us kids that first week involved moving freight from here to there, this to that and learning to count. We valued the process of moving a box or whatever. We immersed ourselves in the future lifeblood work to keep American Freight moving without damage and hopefully making a profit so we can do it again tomorrow.

Fast forward 40 years. People in trucking dont give a ::shit::. They slam the door on the office grumbling about wallstreet whatever. Its as if they sold the old hoary wonders of freighting to the overlords dictating from Neweffingyawk city what to do with everything. Burn the whole building down bronx style if it makes a profit for them. To hell with the trucks, freight, trailers or all of that.

Sucks the soul out of us all I tell you.

I agree with steercrazee and OP.

Its possible that the Company itself is the product. Not the overall Freight.

When I attended trucking school on the old Haven Street Plant in Baltimore back in the 80's it was actually a little breakbulk transload facility that had I think four docks on this side and a straight old boxcar raildock on the other with a big covered pad in the middle to transload freight. They had a old late model 50's white two axle on a 17 foot strick or stoughton van to learn on on the property.

Anyway the stories imparted to us kids that first week involved moving freight from here to there, this to that and learning to count. We valued the process of moving a box or whatever. We immersed ourselves in the future lifeblood work to keep American Freight moving without damage and hopefully making a profit so we can do it again tomorrow.

Fast forward 40 years. People in trucking dont give a ::::shit::::. They slam the door on the office grumbling about wallstreet whatever. Its as if they sold the old hoary wonders of freighting to the overlords dictating from Neweffingyawk city what to do with everything. Burn the whole building down bronx style if it makes a profit for them. To hell with the trucks, freight, trailers or all of that.

Sucks the soul out of us all I tell you.
Things are definitely changing that's for sure and im not sure for the better.