I Found My Sign

??? Don't leave us in suspense.
Sign said long haired freaky people need not apply..........
Common Sense Monkey GIF by Travis
:lmao:
Bad Luck GIF by Travis

pie4.md.jpeg
Mr Seabreeze with his 23 series running the dock in Gaffney heading towards Greenville for his kite. Iam kidding its us yard hostlers getting Mr Breeze hooked and looking for a jif to put on the back.

Just a suggestion, please stop referring to him as "Mr Breeze" or else he'll start expecting all of us to do that.

Last edited:
All I need to ruin a good cup of coffee is someone to mention jiff loc :732:
It is a shame younger freight people will never experience working with a Jiff Lox. Working with equipment from the past like Jiff Lox, manual steering, no cab air conditioning, no air seats etc. builds character. Furthermore in just a few years, with autoshift transmissions so common now, most will not have shifted a 10 speed or replaced a twin disc clutch.

It is a shame younger freight people will never experience working with a Jiff Lox. Working with equipment from the past like Jiff Lox, manual steering, no cab air conditioning, no air seats etc. builds character. Furthermore in just a few years, with autoshift transmissions so common now, most will not have shifted a 10 speed or replaced a twin disc clutch.
Yep, or shifted a duplex, or driven a KB 11 with no heater, aw those good ole days.
Those days you never made it a month without a flat tire, also had a lot of trailer wheel bearing failures before oil-fed bearings.

Yep, or shifted a duplex, or driven a KB 11 with no heater, aw those good ole days.
Those days you never made it a month without a flat tire, you also had a lot of trailer wheel bearing failures before oil-fed bearings
How come you didn't say "shifted a Duplex or a Triplex?" My feelings are hurt! :idunno:
Most don't know the triplex is a real transmission

Those days you never made it a month without a flat tire, you also had a lot of trailer wheel bearing failures before oil-fed bearings

Most don't know the triplex is a real transmission
Most don't know Triplex started driving as a bed bugger. :lmao:

triplex-bekins.md.jpeg

It is a shame younger freight people will never experience working with a Jiff Lox. Working with equipment from the past like Jiff Lox, manual steering, no cab air conditioning, no air seats etc. builds character. Furthermore in just a few years, with autoshift transmissions so common now, most will not have shifted a 10 speed or replaced a twin disc clu
You are correct about that. When I started in 1998 I was 19. I worked 19:00 till 03:30 outbound dock 511. The training mans bid was 4 am start. I worked the drop line till 06:30 with him for 2 weeks building Character to get my CDL. Jiff un Jiff Grab the yellow bar pin un pin fifth wheels. Landing Gear Down Landing Gear Up Dont forget the airlines on the lead box They come thru the back window if not. Side note Thats why the big back window units had the metal plate behind the drivers seat. We still had 40 41 43 44's series tractors at that time. Jiff units. The big white steering wheel ones with no power steering. Spring Ride A/c on the back wall all kinds of writing on the sunvisor tobacco spit and chicken bones on the passenger side.

You are correct about that. When I started in 1998 I was 19. I worked 19:00 till 03:30 outbound dock 511. The training mans bid was 4 am start. I worked the drop line till 06:30 with him for 2 weeks building Character to get my CDL. Jiff un Jiff Grab the yellow bar pin un pin fifth wheels. Landing Gear Down Landing Gear Up Dont forget the airlines on the lead box They come thru the back window if not. Side note Thats why the big back window units had the metal plate behind the drivers seat. We still had 40 41 43 44's series tractors at that time. Jiff units. The big white steering wheel ones with no power steering. Spring Ride A/c on the back wall all kinds of writing on the sunvisor tobacco spit and chicken bones on the passenger side.
You were lucky to have a training man.
When we started pulling pups, I came in off a trip when the safety man had 5 or 6 drivers standing around, he said you're just in time to learn how to hook these pups.
I asked if he wanted, me to stay on my trip card or hit a new one.
He said, oh you won't be on the clock.
I told him you must have me confused with someone else.
I'll learn on your time and headed home.

In my Reinhart foodservice days (2005ish), me and my codriver saw a bobtail tractor with what I now understand is a jifflox and we were debating what the heck that was. Took a picture of it with a flip phone for future reference. Days later I asked my dispatcher (who was a CF guy til the end) what it was and he explained it to me. I remember him telling me it was a pain the is @ss and if dont get a job at Overnite freight I won't have to worry about it haha