Yellow | I have a story and a question

truckinus

TB Veteran
Credits
My boss pestered me to donate to Christina Smiles which was fine. I donated $20 like he wanted. I honestly didn't care to donate, but I was pestered. I got a call to the office that I won something. When I got to dispatch they handed me a small package. I was like, "What is it?" It ended up being a ring that was probably donated from Neiman Marcus. It was the ugliest gold ring you have ever seen seen. It didn't fit either. I ended up selling it for $800 on EBay.

Second story. Had to move the knee grow league baseball museum trailer to Austin I think? Got to check it out. https://www.chiefmarketer.com/roadway-express-brings-*****-leagues-exhibit-to-clients/

I wonder what happened to the trailers for Christina Smiles and the knee grow Leagues? Are they being auctioned too?

I just started a new job and won tickets to the Thunder for employee appreciation. That's what reminded me.

Last edited:
No the Jewelers will not donate a stone to our State.

Be a bunch of crows in the state house working on laws from Reconstruction Era still.

As far as the pestering from the boss, dont just roll over and show belly. Stand your boots and tell him to F off. Dont like it? He can fire you. The reason I have that attitude is they dont pay me enough to donate cash for anything. But here have a cup of coffee or a smoke or something. Anything but cash.

Hell the boss can probably shake out 20 dollars in spare change from the tractors in the yard.

My boss pestered me to donate to Christina Smiles which was fine. I donated $20 like he wanted. I honestly didn't care to donate, but I was pestered. I got a call to the office that I won something. When I got to dispatch they handed me a small package. I was like, "What is it?" It ended up being a ring that was probably donated from Neiman Marcus. It was the ugliest gold ring you have ever seen seen. It didn't fit either. I ended up selling it for $800 on EBay.

Second story. Had to move the knee grow league baseball museum trailer to Austin I think? Got to check it out. https://www.chiefmarketer.com/roadway-express-brings-*****-leagues-exhibit-to-clients/

I wonder what happened to the trailers for Christina Smiles and the knee grow Leagues? Are they being auctioned too?

I just started a new job and won tickets to the Thunder for employee appreciation. That's what reminded me.
The ***** League tribute trailer "Times of Greatness" was left to rust away in the 218 Yellow/YRC Freight Cleveland yard. I last saw it there was in 2011. The cover for the A/C on the nose was partially detached and badly dented. The remainder of the trailer condition looked as you would expect, terrible.
I moved the Christina's Smile trailers several times and met Dr. Garza. I think that that charity leased them and after Yellow Corporation purchased Roadway Corporation those leases were cancelled, and the trailers were returned to Christina's Smile charity.