I have an interview with Sysco this week

As for the feet, I have been diagnosed with planter facheitis, IDK how to spell it, I recomend Red Wings, worth every penny for the boot ya get, they wear well on our ramps and they are tough, comfortable and easy to break in.
10-4 on the RedWings, I'll give them a shot! I'll treat myself to a pair when I start at Sysco :)

Hey 2wheel does this Sysco pay weekly or bi-weekly? Its something I forgot to ask, thanks.

Bi-weekly... I knew you'd get a call, they've been hiring like crazy since I've been here. They just hired a 21 year old with 6 months driving experience and no delivery experience.
Not trying to be negative but turn over is sky high. So they're trying to stock up but never can bcuz guys either quit or get fired...
Nonetheless, don't want to rain on your parade, so welcome...

Its all good man, I appreciate your help and I appreciate anything you have to tell me about Sysco as well. I am not worried about quitting or getting fired, personally I like to see things for myself and form my own opinion about things, but at the same time I do like to know others opinions as well. I just try to look past most of the bs, every job is going to have its fair share. As far as the cameras, well I think its pretty ridiculous that they feel they have to have a camera on a grown ass man trying to make a living. But as long as I'm buckled up and not talking on the phone I don't see it being a problem.... I can put up with a lot of crap, as long as my check is as fat as I like my ladies bottoms, lol, I know there is at least one day every two weeks that I'll have a smile on my face! Can you pm me the details about the ABC pay. What is the pay for cases, miles and stops? Also, what is the minimum cases per hour? Is that cases per hour unloading or cases per hour worked? Thanks again for all your help and I look forward to meeting you one day! Any chance of me riding with you while training? Oh and about that, I saw on my offer letter that I will be paid hourly for training, how many hours do you think I can expect while training?

Well you'll definitely find out for yourself. ABC will probably be DIP when you start. Only 5 weeks and a day before its in effect. $2.59/stop 0.21 regular case .24 special case (downtown/buckhead) and .28 premium. $7.08 pre trip $10.72 post trip. .86/mile (0-80mi) .62/mile (81-120) .37/mile (121+)
That's pretty much it. Average driver does about 700 case a day. I do 1000+ case a day. All special case bcuz I run the city. Training pay is almost $19/hr. depends on the driver you train with on how many hours you will get, my guess is 50-60. But I'm sure within 2 weeks you'll be on ABC or DIP. Cases per hr minimum is 85. I hear they're raising that. And it goes by unloading not by total hours since every hour you're not unloading. I do 200 cases per hour but there's maybe one other guy that does that here. Most guys can't even move the 85 an hour.

Well you'll definitely find out for yourself. ABC will probably be DIP when you start. Only 5 weeks and a day before its in effect. $2.59/stop 0.21 regular case .24 special case (downtown/buckhead) and .28 premium. $7.08 pre trip $10.72 post trip. .86/mile (0-80mi) .62/mile (81-120) .37/mile (121+)
That's pretty much it. Average driver does about 700 case a day. I do 1000+ case a day. All special case bcuz I run the city. Training pay is almost $19/hr. depends on the driver you train with on how many hours you will get, my guess is 50-60. But I'm sure within 2 weeks you'll be on ABC or DIP. Cases per hr minimum is 85. I hear they're raising that. And it goes by unloading not by total hours since every hour you're not unloading. I do 200 cases per hour but there's maybe one other guy that does that here. Most guys can't even move the 85 an hour.

Wow! You guys got it good! IDK if I posted it or not but we get 1.20 a stop, .17 to .24 a case, depends on how fast you work, I stay at .17 because I'm slow. 5.00 pre and post trip, .20cpm for anything under 100 miles, over that its .35cpm.

On ABC we did alot better, I mean ALOT better, I make by the hour what I did on ABC if I can get my hours, I was off today so after tomorrow that will leave me with around 47 hrs for the week, that will give me around 1100 bucks which I'm ok with, I don't throw that many cases but I have alot of stops each day.

Different houses, different rules, the thing I'm concerned with is our loss of customers, part of the reason they butchered our incentive is to save money, as labor I believe there are better ways to save a buck than off the backs of the very people out there doing the work, far as I have heard mgmt still gets the same bonus, and its alot. Some of their bonuses are higher than their regular salary, and its all based on us doing what we are supposed to do in order to stay employed..imagine that.

By contract the house can screw with the incentive all they want, however they can't touch our hourly pay, also they can't cancel us in order to control OT, I get canceled because my run just doesn't run, its way to small on Thurs.

Our system, the new one that us, TX and AR are on, went down last Friday, or Thursday night rather, not a case got pulled till 0500 Friday morning, we had to deliver Saturday, that was the last straw for alot of customers.

That's a terrible system. We had a similar crash with our system a month ago. But the paper work wouldn't print. Everything got delivered that day tho. Sysco Atlanta is 3rd in sales so our sales force is strong. And that commission you guys make on dip is awful. That mileage pay is almost disrespectful. How does the commission vary depending on speed GT? I'm hoping this benefits me since I get it done way ahead of schedule. And do they still have service pay for hours over 40 like abc where you get half of your hourly average on abc for every hour over 40?

That's a terrible system. We had a similar crash with our system a month ago. But the paper work wouldn't print. Everything got delivered that day tho. Sysco Atlanta is 3rd in sales so our sales force is strong. And that commission you guys make on dip is awful. That mileage pay is almost disrespectful. How does the commission vary depending on speed GT? I'm hoping this benefits me since I get it done way ahead of schedule. And do they still have service pay for hours over 40 like abc where you get half of your hourly average on abc for every hour over 40?

To answer the first question, .17 to .24 anything over 85 cpmh pays the 24 cents, they say its service time but thats BS, its cpmh, otherwise I would get the .24 I throw 85 cases easy if its service time, but here its not, they take my hrs at the end of the week and divide by my cases and you get cpmh, thats why I never make over the .17 per case. I do alot of bouncing back and forth, heavy traffic ect., it kills me.

As for the service pay, I never understood that, since my best efforts won't let me see dip pay on the routes I have, I only track my hours now, the rest of it doesn't even interest me, BTW, they owe me 12 hrs of OT, we have to chase our pay every week, half our yard has outstanding pay issues, I have never in 21 yrs in trucking experienced a company where its harder to get paid right, we are supposed to be a world class company...I got my doubts on that one. Sysco OK is being ran into the ground, the other guys are kicking our ass, I'm really worried about the customer loss, gonna probably be more to come, problem is I can only provide excellent customer service, there isn't anymore I can do, I feel powerless and feeling hopeless, OK is a different house for sure.

The sad part is you guys are union and being treated that way. It's bad in Atlanta but sounds worse there involving the money. Well I'm overly anxious to see how this DIP works here. And will keep y'all posted once we convert. I hope it gets better for you in Oklahoma.

So far they are just keeping US hourly at are warehouse. They don't have any plans to put US on ABC or dip. They said maybe in the future. They raised are top pay from 19.25 to 21 a hr

So far they are just keeping US hourly at are warehouse. They don't have any plans to put US on ABC or dip. They said maybe in the future. They raised are top pay from 19.25 to 21 a hr

Drag your feet, gotta make a living somehow, if they don't want to give you all an incentive, make em wish they did!

The sad part is you guys are union and being treated that way. It's bad in Atlanta but sounds worse there involving the money. Well I'm overly anxious to see how this DIP works here. And will keep y'all posted once we convert. I hope it gets better for you in Oklahoma.

I do too Brother, I really do, and thank you!

Hey guys. I was just offered a job with Sysco in the warehouse as an outbound selector. Im scared that I wont pass the background check because I don't have a diploma or GED. Im 25 and have never had it checked before. The lady with HR says they will be checking it. Is that true? I really hope I get this job. I kNow it can change my life. please help guys! Either way im racing the background check and getting my GEd tomorrow (fingers crossed) they still havnt emailed me the resources yet. Im so nervous =(

Hey guys. I was just offered a job with Sysco in the warehouse as an outbound selector. Im scared that I wont pass the background check because I don't have a diploma or GED. Im 25 and have never had it checked before. The lady with HR says they will be checking it. Is that true? I really hope I get this job. I kNow it can change my life. please help guys! Either way im racing the background check and getting my GEd tomorrow (fingers crossed) they still havnt emailed me the resources yet. Im so nervous =(
Welcome to TruckingBoards!

IDK about selectors, no idea at all, I'm sure they will hire you, just because you don't have a diploma or GED don't mean you are a bad worker, in the mean time just be yourself, be positive, show interest, and give them a reason to hire you!

Good selectors are priceless. I hope you get on!

Thanks 2wd, good to see someone else from the Atlanta area here. I sent you a PM.

Thanks to everyone else too, interviewed this morning and I feel that it went very well. I guess the lady in HR was busy, so the only person I spoke with today was the transportation manager. He was very polite, and seemed like a good man to work for, so that is good! I asked after the interview what the next step in the hiring process is and he told me that he would give everything to HR and they would if they havent already do a background check and things like that. He said it typically takes about 3-4 weeks to get someone in the door. I didn't ask him if he was going to hire me, I hate sounding desperate, but when I left I just felt a little confused, lol. I guess I will wait a few days and call the lady in HR and see what she has to say. Thanks again to everyone, hoping to join the Sysco family here soon, keeping my fingers crossed!

Hey CM, today makes it 3 weeks since I had my road test (Calera,AL), I haven`t heard anything yet so should i call HR or should I wait another week?