TForce | I have read a little about the CSA 2010...

Goose

TB Lurker
Credits
What does this mean to me as a Driver?

* For the first time, each commercial vehicle license holder (YOU!) will be assigned a ‘Safety Record.”
* YOUR safety record will follow you regardless of the company you work for or contract with.
* YOUR activity on the highway, i.e. roadside inspection violations, accidents, tickets, even warning tickets will have a negative impact on your personal safety record.
* YOU could lose your ability to drive for a living as a result of a poor safety record. Companies will HIRE and FIRE based on your safety record.
* YOUR PAY could be affected as a result of a poor safety record. Likewise, you could earn MORE with a favorable safety record!!

Safety Record will be based on 7 BASICS. (Behavior Analysis & Safety Improvement Categories)

What are the 7 BASICS?

1. Unsafe Driving — Dangerous or careless operation of commercial motor vehicles.

2. Fatigued Driving — Driving commercial motor vehicles when fatigued. This includes hours of service violations

3. Driver Fitness — Operation of commercial motor vehicles (CMVs) by drivers who are unfit to operate a CMV due to lack of training, experience, or medical qualification.

4. Controlled Substances and Alcohol — Operation of a CMV while impaired due to alcohol, illegal drugs, and misuse of prescription medications or over-the-counter medications.

5. Vehicle Maintenance — CMV failure due to improper or inadequate maintenance.

6. Improper Loading/Cargo Securement — shifting loads, spilled or dropped cargo, and unsafe handling of hazardous materials.

7. Crash/Incident Experience — Histories or patterns of high crash involvement, including frequency and severity.

As a driver, you cannot afford to have an unfavorable safety score under any of the BASICS. It could mean that carriers will no longer allow you to drive for them until your scores under the 7 BASICS are improved.

It is very difficult to improve your record. For the most part you would only be able to WAIT until enough time goes by that a ticket no longer falls within the 36 month evaluation period.

Where do they get the data?
Data used to calculate your safety record comes from Roadside inspections, traffic violations (citations) and crash data. A new Driver safety rating will be determined EACH MONTH!

What can I do?

AVOID ROADSIDE INSPECTIONS!

*35% of Roadside inspections are triggered by speed. By not speeding, you will avoid a speeding ticket and a roadside inspection.
*31% of roadside inspections are triggered by observable defects (brakes, lights and tires). Make sure you do thorough and routine pre-trip component inspections. Don’t make yourself a target for a roadside inspection!
*Participate in as much safety training as you can. The more you learn and re-enforce safe driving behavior the better driver you will become. Make sure you maintain a top driver safety rating and you will ensure a successful career as a professional driver.

Check out this site and read through it. I think we are in for a rude awakening...

http://www.csa2010.com/

If anyone has more info on this subject please post more info on this.