I Like PFG

grocerythrower

TB Legend
Credits
No mind games, they treat me like a man, the pay could be better but the benefits are outstanding, mgmt., all former drivers, at least on the operations level, we are busy, what more can a guy ask for, oh yea, they pay me every week without fail. If anyone is interested, PM me and we can talk, or just answer this post.

what do they pay and what do you do for pfg

Route driver..11.5 cents a case, 1.20 a stop, I think, mileage depends, 250 miles its like .45 or .50 a mile, under 100 miles like .70 I think maybe more, pre and post trip paid at 10.58 a day, I may be off a little but I think thats right.

Great benefits, they have just about everything you can think of. Its hard work and they don't BS around, they expect you to do your job and they try and keep the trailers full, where I'm at they do a better job of keeping the trailers full than I care for...LOL

Hey GT I owned and operated a little mom and pop store/deli for years and tried all the foodservice guys in my area (east TN.) and wound up with PFG. They treated me as good as a big account and I liked the salesman I had. If I ran out of fries or something he would go by the warehouse and get some and drop 'em off to me on his way home at night. Good people here with PFG. The worst one I tried was H.T. Hackney, man they were a nightmare. I.J. did ok but PFG was the best to me.

Hey GT I owned and operated a little mom and pop store/deli for years and tried all the foodservice guys in my area (east TN.) and wound up with PFG. They treated me as good as a big account and I liked the salesman I had. If I ran out of fries or something he would go by the warehouse and get some and drop 'em off to me on his way home at night. Good people here with PFG. The worst one I tried was H.T. Hackney, man they were a nightmare. I.J. did ok but PFG was the best to me.

Thats good to hear, I work with some good sales people, I am very close with 2 of them, they have most of my routes. What happened to the store Kings?

Thats good to hear, I work with some good sales people, I am very close with 2 of them, they have most of my routes. What happened to the store Kings?

Well my wife's mother came down with the cancer and she started spending alot of time with her. While she did that the people that we thought we could trust stole us blind. I was running a 11hr. turn and could not be there all the time, so I sold it turn-key it to a young couple in the neighborhood. They still have it and are doing ok. We liked the biz. but getting good honest help is a nightmare.

I worked for PFG in Texas for 8 years my body couldn't take it no more. 950 cases on lite day 1400 cases on big day, as a single driver the money was good $59,000 is what I made the last year I worked for them. Average work day 3:30 am to 5:30 pm for 4 days aweek and

I worked for PFG in Texas for 8 years my body couldn't take it no more. 950 cases on lite day 1400 cases on big day, as a single driver the money was good $59,000 is what I made the last year I worked for them. Average work day 3:30 am to 5:30 pm for 4 days aweek and

Where did you work out of? I am out of a shuttle site, thankfully they can't cram that much product on a pup. We are all on 5 days now, I worked 4 days for a while but the way their pay is structured at PFG Little Rock, you can't make very good money on 4 days, its all built around 5 days, on 5 I make close to $1000 a week, I can live with that for sure!!

Route driver..11.5 cents a case, 1.20 a stop, I think, mileage depends, 250 miles its like .45 or .50 a mile, under 100 miles like .70 I think maybe more, pre and post trip paid at 10.58 a day, I may be off a little but I think thats right.

Great benefits, they have just about everything you can think of. Its hard work and they don't BS around, they expect you to do your job and they try and keep the trailers full, where I'm at they do a better job of keeping the trailers full than I care for...LOL

Grocery Thrower.

If you want to move north. We get 20 cents a case plus 1 cent safety bonus. Miles for us country drivers are 0-116 is .65 117-250 is .50 and 251+ is .45 plus 1/2 cent safety bonus. And stops are 1.62.

I do Miles/Cases/Stops
Mon 80, 800, 14
Tue 155,1000, 14-18
Wed Open so it varies
Thu 155, 600, 12
Fri 330, 750, 6-8 (only runs once a month though)

Grossed 55k last year with half of that 4days a week, On track for 65 this year 1250 per week average.
Dirty

Grocery Thrower.

If you want to move north. We get 20 cents a case plus 1 cent safety bonus. Miles for us country drivers are 0-116 is .65 117-250 is .50 and 251+ is .45 plus 1/2 cent safety bonus. And stops are 1.62.

I do Miles/Cases/Stops
Mon 80, 800, 14
Tue 155,1000, 14-18
Wed Open so it varies
Thu 155, 600, 12
Fri 330, 750, 6-8 (only runs once a month though)

Grossed 55k last year with half of that 4days a week, On track for 65 this year 1250 per week average.
Dirty

You guys do alot better than us, since we became PFG, from what I understand when we were Quality Foods they made much better money, I would never work for Sysco Arkansas, I would shuttle for them maybe, they pay good but they don't take care of their people like they should, you get hurt and its an end to your career. I can't move because my kids are here.

My goal (if i stay here) is to move to a shuttle rout out of Versalles at the lake of the ozarks. 2 hours in empty 2.5 back full 185 a night 5 nights a week aint bad for 4 hours work. Not sure though how this dirty hippie Jayhawker would do in the middle of Tiger country but the lake sure is pretty.

Dirty

My goal (if i stay here) is to move to a shuttle rout out of Versalles at the lake of the ozarks. 2 hours in empty 2.5 back full 185 a night 5 nights a week aint bad for 4 hours work. Not sure though how this dirty hippie Jayhawker would do in the middle of Tiger country but the lake sure is pretty.

Dirty

I love lake of the ozarks, what would that pay? I would figure you would make 2 trips per night, the guys out of tulsa going to norman make 2 trips per night or they used to, if they didn't they didn't do very well for the night.

Versalles is $185 a night 5 nights a week.
It depends on where your shuttle point is. Some are $220 others are more others are less. You also get like an extra 20 or 25 when you pull tripples from Olathe to Wichita or Topeka. Those are the Pratt and Russel drivers the make like 250+tripples bonus. Only problem is they dont hire off the street. YOuve got to have some serious seniority. One of the Versalles guys has about 32 years in 20 on shuttle. Another thing we only pull one trip. I know US does 2 or 3 a night.

Dirty

Versalles is $185 a night 5 nights a week.
It depends on where your shuttle point is. Some are $220 others are more others are less. You also get like an extra 20 or 25 when you pull tripples from Olathe to Wichita or Topeka. Those are the Pratt and Russel drivers the make like 250+tripples bonus. Only problem is they dont hire off the street. YOuve got to have some serious seniority. One of the Versalles guys has about 32 years in 20 on shuttle. Another thing we only pull one trip. I know US does 2 or 3 a night.

Dirty

Thats good for what you would do, Sysco out of Alma, about 160mi give or take 5 nights 808 per week, plus delay, and whatever else. we start at 137 per night, delay after 1 hr from the time you hit the gate, my shuttle driver that used to pull mine out of Lowell AR made 52,000, or so, thats more than I made, that 137.00 is wheather your out of anywhere in the state so some guys run more miles than others.

hey do you happen to know how a guy gets hired at pfg... I've been told by a gal in HR that they're gonna hire drivers at the Lebanon site in late August. I put in the app online but haven't heard anything from them. Will they tell me yay or nay? Do you think it will help if I go there and talk to them in person? I've emailed her maybe 6 times about this potential job opening and don't want to pester her but at the same time i want her to think of me first when they go to hire. Thanks for any help you can give me

hey do you happen to know how a guy gets hired at pfg... I've been told by a gal in HR that they're gonna hire drivers at the Lebanon site in late August. I put in the app online but haven't heard anything from them. Will they tell me yay or nay? Do you think it will help if I go there and talk to them in person? I've emailed her maybe 6 times about this potential job opening and don't want to pester her but at the same time i want her to think of me first when they go to hire. Thanks for any help you can give me

My boss said to go see them, pester them all you want, on-line can work but, they aren't as serious about it I guess, IDK about the Lebonon site, is it a warehouse or a shuttle site? A shuttle site is where I run out of a night guy drags my mty to Little Rock and brings my load back, if its a shuttle site go there and talk to the drivers and locate the driver supervisor thats the first step. Good luck.