Pitt-Ohio | I love it here.

OneDriver

TB Lurker
Credits
Just wanted to say I love working for Pitt.

-Trailers are almost always ready for me
(sometimes I have to wait up to 30 mins but don’t bother me. I would wait sometimes for hours at different LTL company or OTR)
- Even being brand new driver, I’m still able to manage to make good money (at least $1600 gross) and I do work weekends by choice.
-All the trucks pull well when 30k or more. I have been at companies where truck slows down up the hill even with 10k
- Everyone seems to be happy working here and drivers like it here

Just wanted to say I love working for Pitt.

-Trailers are almost always ready for me
(sometimes I have to wait up to 30 mins but don’t bother me. I would wait sometimes for hours at different LTL company or OTR)
- Even being brand new driver, I’m still able to manage to make good money (at least $1600 gross) and I do work weekends by choice.
-All the trucks pull well when 30k or more. I have been at companies where truck slows down up the hill even with 10k
- Everyone seems to be happy working here and drivers like it here
It has it ups and downs like any job, but there’s a reason so many drivers have been with the company for 20 or more years. From what I’ve seen, the dissatisfied employees are the ones who focus only on the negative and ignore everything else. Best of luck to you!

Friday we had 5 dockworkers call off, all the city drivers had to load their own trailers, shuttles didn't come in until 10AM, some of us left at 11AM or noon. I left at 11AM with 11 stops 2 hours away then they expect you to make pickups that close early.

Not making much money in the city but I work fast too.

Heard the same thing for years when I worked at Dayton Freight. But like others have said, very seldom would a city driver transfer to the linehaul board when there was an opening.

Half of our new city hires go to linehaul because they can't handle the pace of work.

Half of our new city hires go to linehaul because they can't handle the pace of work.
My previous job was doing regional multi-stop runs for a door manufacturer and while p&d was actually less physical with so much freight being on pallets, after 3 years I grew tired of not having a steady run or tractor and covering pickups for the same drivers who were always back by 5:30-6:00.

I have always liked Pitt. Know some guys who came out of there and others who went into mgmt. there. But God d##m 26.02 an hour, this is the northeast folks! Not the southwest where every street is a damn boulevard ! Until somebody in mgmt decides to take a little less and give the people who make the company a little more, this is just a Neverending cycle. So disheartening to see that mgmt pumped out of the colleges in this great country can't or worse won't recognize this.

I have always liked Pitt. Know some guys who came out of there and others who went into mgmt. there. But God d##m 26.02 an hour, this is the northeast folks! Not the southwest where every street is a damn boulevard ! Until somebody in mgmt decides to take a little less and give the people who make the company a little more, this is just a Neverending cycle. So disheartening to see that mgmt pumped out of the colleges in this great country can't or worse won't recognize this.
What's makes a boulevard street easy for a trucker ?

What's makes a boulevard street easy for a trucker ?
Just an expression, wide streets little traffic. Not like Central or North Jersey where every move could be your last. I've peddled in all of Jersey and the boroughs and believe me p and d in az is a dream compared to anything on east coast. They are never going to get these young folks to do that and be productive unless they raise the pay commensurate with what that takes. That was my point.