Estes | I love my employees

teamster elvis

TB Veteran
Credits
My name is Rob E. All my employees are not just hired hands but also part of my family. I love you all. Just like the driver in Phoenix Az. who had been employed at Estes for several years. That is, until he was involved in a motorcycle accident. He sustained a debilitating injury which caused him to file a long term disability claim. He had been off work, recuperating from his injuries,for a year. That is when I decided to kick his gimpy a$$ to the curb. I am completely within the law though. I may be morally bankrupt, but I am a law abiding schmuck. Not only did I terminate this man from my empire, but I also boned him for the vacation time that he had accrued. Please don't hate me because I'm a cut throat, nickel rubbing, money miser. Hate me because I could care less about you or your families well being. My disclaimer is as follows. The story is true. But I am not Rob E. I am his worst enemy. And I will not give up until his piece of garbage company is flying under the TEAMSTER banner. Teamster Elvis out and pissed again....

yes its true thate estes HR is strickly buy the law book. but that law also keeps out the fakes on a vacation crying hurt. you have to be resonable tou yourself and your family when your a working stiff.

if you go out on a ride you better know its your life and livelyhood at stake and your family depends on you..

Elvis, do you have your pager turned on incase you have a run this week ?

It was no joy ride but on his way to work. Estes family right use you up until no more to get out of you. Just like a leech suck u up until there is nothing left to get

if you are an estes employee, you work for the most incompetent carrier still in business, if you work for estes west, not only do you work for the most incompetent carrier, but you are a second class citizen in this company,get used to hill billy ways

yes its true thate estes HR is strickly buy the law book. but that law also keeps out the fakes on a vacation crying hurt. you have to be resonable tou yourself and your family when your a working stiff.

if you go out on a ride you better know its your life and livelyhood at stake and your family depends on you..

Elvis, do you have your pager turned on incase you have a run this week ?

Don't own a pager. Don't have a need for one. I own a cell phone though. And when it rings, it is never a cancellation of my bid run. I never get cancelled. See I work for a union company who rewards their senior drivers. Not one that works their junior drivers and sends their senior drivers home, when the freight is slow. My company pays line drivers for all time on duty. Not just when the wheels are spinning. My company pays overtime after 8 hours. Not after 55 hours. My company rewards it's employees with a company sponsored pension, because they would like to keep their quality people. Not one who terminates them for missing work due to injuries that require healing, therapy etc. And then deny them vacation monies they had earned. I could go on and on. I think you get my point. I don't know what your employment status is, supervisor, driver etc. It doesn't matter. The hornets nest, that dwells in Richmond, will bury their poison laden stingers in your a$$, sooner or later. Teamster Elvis out.....

Your company must treat you great. I don't know anything about any union companies. I guess as long as I make plenty of money where I am. I never feel the need to search for info. about another company. :toxic:

Your company must treat you great. I don't know anything about any union companies. I guess as long as I make plenty of money where I am. I never feel the need to search for info. about another company. :toxic:

Are you being sarcastic? Does your Pinocchio nose guy portray me as a liar or yourself? I am very naive. You must explain yourself when you address me. I come from the old school way of communicating. I think you know plenty about organized companies. I have a question. Let's see if you can answer this honestly. Why is it that this Estes forum stays very silent until someone exposes a development that sheds a negative light upon Estes? Then someone with zero or very few posts tries to defend them. Enquiring minds want to know. Teamster Elvis out......

elvis, i see your good points, but i know several guys who are union drivers,
one hurt his knee and was let go the week he returned to work. the others i know hardly worked all winter. thats what ive seen so far of unions

I think the term,"clean your own doorsteps before you go trying to clean off someone elses"applies.Didnt Teamsters allow the Yellow conglomerate to hire utility drivers to do linehaul drivers jobs...Ive saw the terms "envious" and "jealous" thrown at non-union drivers this week.Maybe in the past that would be appropriate,but certainly not these days..

How about calling a driver back off of layoff to work him a few days,knowing damn well they were gonna use him like that when they called him.

Elvis you may get your wish very soon.Because it won't be long before "Estes leaves the building" for good.Thank you..Thank you very much!

Elvis you may get your wish very soon.Because it won't be long before "Estes leaves the building" for good.Thank you..Thank you very much!

My only wish is that Estes would adopt policy that treats their employees with respect and dignity. That rewards their seniority. And start offering pay and benefit packages that at least equal the competition. Is that too much to ask for? There is a movement in this country (politically) to prevent trucking companies from exploiting labor laws (grey areas). And it is gaining momentum. Some states have already set in place the Employee Free Choice Act as law. Google it if you are not aware of the bill. All I am saying here is, there are people in government who are listening to the numerous voices who are looking out for the working mans' best interests. Believe it or not. It's up to you. Teamster Elvis out....

I think the term,"clean your own doorsteps before you go trying to clean off someone elses"applies.Didnt Teamsters allow the Yellow conglomerate to hire utility drivers to do linehaul drivers jobs...Ive saw the terms "envious" and "jealous" thrown at non-union drivers this week.Maybe in the past that would be appropriate,but certainly not these days..

I think perhaps a little more flexibility amongst union carriers is not necessarily a bad thing. Do you? After all, we have outlaw companies, who will do anything to grab a pallet of our freight. They will sell their souls and walk all over their drivers to compete for the same freight we all are trying to service. And I don't believe using words like jealous or envy are appropriate. I like words like opportunity, prosperity, overtime, delay pay, pension, work rules, dignity, respect, grievance, power etc. etc. Thank you. Teamster Elvis out.....

Warning...

Ok guys I see we are talking union in a non union forum.
I'll let it go but from now on lets leave that union talk over
in the teamsters-non-union-debate-forum/
I want the thread to continue but we need to
not be talking union.
Please follow the rules guys .

Smokestack

It was no joy ride but on his way to work. Estes family right use you up until no more to get out of you. Just like a leech suck u up until there is nothing left to get

And this is different from other companies....how??:chairshot: I and many others are certainly aware that, however good we are to a company, when that usefulness ceases and becomes a certain burden, we are at their mercy. No other company is different, however much we may want to believe. Not being a cynic here, just a realist.

You can ignore me and hope I go away. But 550 viewings in just 4 days, speaks for its self. The King Of The Working Stiff will never be silenced. Teamster Elvis out....

why did this devolve into a union non union post. non union companies generally treat their employees much better than non union ones. the real point of this post is that an estes west line driver was fired. he was fired because he was a line driver that the company did not need, and since you lose your company serniorty, when you go to line, he could not go back to the city. that is why during the last round of layoffs, we fired line drivers,and weeks later hired city driver, fresh off the street