I love the Yes voting fearmongers

Vwaggs

Well-Known Member
I love the Yes voting fear mongers that keep starting new threads to beat their chests within. If they weren't so tragic in their fear and the topic so serious, I'd be laughing at them. We need to set up a free clinic to start installing aftermarket backbones.
 

Jay C

Banned
Vwaggs, what is your guess in the event of a no vote

given they are saying 'not a second offer coming from YRC'
 

Vwaggs

Well-Known Member
I would say about a 25 - 30% chance they shut down. About a 65 - 70% chance they don't. I believe they will come back with another offer, based on truth this time. It may include another pension deferral for a year or two, as well as hard concessions they would like; for example, the drop n hook stuff and other flexibility issues. I think if the next offer would be relatively "above board", without all the "back door, destroy the NMFA" clauses that are engineered into this one, it would be viewed favorably.

I think an offer like that, without backdoor clauses and destroy the NMFA clauses, would pass.

I do believe that anyone that votes for this one will regret it, when they see how it actually is applied.

I think that YRCW management, if they were to actually bargain in good faith, would find the Teamsters and YRC management want this company to survive and prosper as much as they do. I believe we could all make this a lean mean company, if the top would listen to the bottom and they could work together.
 

knightryda

Active Member
i'll be voting NO, again. also, how do get a class action lawsuit going to prevent them from making us return from loa, when, the pension isn't funded at 100%. furthermore, how do you accrue pension time when they're only funding 25%. somebody explain that. brothers and sisters, it's all about your dues money, and, their ability to skim off the plans... yeah, come on, tell me it ain't so... bulls@@t!
 

Jay C

Banned
Vwaggs

I would say about a 25 - 30% chance they shut down. About a 65 - 70% chance they don't. I believe they will come back with another offer, based on truth this time. It may include another pension deferral for a year or two, as well as hard concessions they would like; for example, the drop n hook stuff and other flexibility issues. I think if the next offer would be relatively "above board", without all the "back door, destroy the NMFA" clauses that are engineered into this one, it would be viewed favorably.

I think an offer like that, without backdoor clauses and destroy the NMFA clauses, would pass.

I do believe that anyone that votes for this one will regret it, when they see how it actually is applied.

I think that YRCW management, if they were to actually bargain in good faith, would find the Teamsters and YRC management want this company to survive and prosper as much as they do. I believe we could all make this a lean mean company, if the top would listen to the bottom and they could work together.

I don't think so

when the man says 'no second offer'

and says they need long term changes to it's cost structure

I'm a believer..we will only know if it is a no







Amen Brother, good thing the yes voters aren't fighting our wars we would all be speaking Arabic.


Adultery - which is the only grounds for divorce in New York - is not grounds for divorce in California. As a matter of fact, adultery in Southern California is grounds for marriage.​
were you ever in the service dude?
I was​
 
Last edited by a moderator:

electraglideatl

Well-Known Member
I would say about a 25 - 30% chance they shut down. About a 65 - 70% chance they don't. I believe they will come back with another offer, based on truth this time. It may include another pension deferral for a year or two, as well as hard concessions they would like; for example, the drop n hook stuff and other flexibility issues. I think if the next offer would be relatively "above board", without all the "back door, destroy the NMFA" clauses that are engineered into this one, it would be viewed favorably.

Vwaggs I have to agree with you 100% on this.........They have a plan B and only the smart Teamsters as you know this.........Vote no and the company will come back with another offer that may work for all......
 

mud

Wonderin'
Premium
Just out of curiosity Vwaggs, how much time do you have invested in a Teamster pension fund?
 

Jay C

Banned
Not nearly as much as I wish, believe me. Like many others, that is a big reason I hang around.

I think if the next offer would be relatively "above board", without all the "back door, destroy the NMFA" clauses that are engineered into this one, it would be viewed favorably.

you think the new work rules are negotiable?
I think the pension would be back in 5 years if they get the new work rules

or is this back door stuff destroying the NMFA?
 

teamguy

Active Member
Hey glide-Johnson and smid have already said theres no coming back with a No. Dangerous game of bluff calling here bro. Well be in a miuch better postion to get our way down the road IF the company exists.
 

Disgruntled

Well-Known Member
Hey glide-Johnson and smid have already said theres no coming back with a No. Dangerous game of bluff calling here bro. Well be in a miuch better postion to get our way down the road IF the company exists.
That's a big EF'ing "IF" "bro".
 

bad slavin

Active Member
Perhaps some of the yes voters in need of a backbone are thinking of retirement.

Would"nt they be considered Meesters? They are only voting yes because they need a year or two to retire, and then who cares what happens to everyone else?If the contract is reworked to the detriment of everyother brother and sister, so be it . I made it to retirement?
 

tutone710

Your Retirement Canceled
vote no

We will close the doors this time, no we really mean it, you better do what we say ,for real this time. :wtflol::452:
 

mud

Wonderin'
Premium
Would"nt they be considered Meesters? They are only voting yes because they need a year or two to retire, and then who cares what happens to everyone else?If the contract is reworked to the detriment of everyother brother and sister, so be it . I made it to retirement?
If I was a year or two from retirement then I would vote yes. I don't think I could start over and physically be able to strip trailers all night again and or take out some of the peddle loads that the junior guy will get.
 

Vwaggs

Well-Known Member
Hey glide-Johnson and smid have already said theres no coming back with a No. Dangerous game of bluff calling here bro. Well be in a miuch better postion to get our way down the road IF the company exists.

I've played for higher stakes than a job more than once in my lifetime. I'm willing to gamble.
 

wongway

Cayman -15% Acounting Dept.
Yea to funny they keep saying the same thing, vote yes or we are going to shut the doors ??? you can only cry wolf so many times ?????
 
Top
AdBlock Detected

But sadly this forum can't survive without it. Please Disable your Ad Blocker on this website or purchase a Premium Account to remove all advertising. Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks