I Need a New Truck. Any Recommendations?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date
Those Yukons are great station wagons. You can put a whole litter in there and all your stuff for vacation. I enjoyed my van for the years it served me for pulling boats, hauling motorcycles and storage when my front porch got full. Really like that storage feature of a van but I'm thinking pickup truck this time around. I figure if I really want I can keep the van for storage and have it all.

When your front porch got full...LOL, thats rich, your my kind of people ABFer, you sure you don't have roots in AR or OK?

Vans are awesome! My first car was a van. Walls and ceiling carpeted, smelled like my Dad's pipe tobacco, had 4 captains chairs, a bed, card table....we called it "The Booze mobile". My cousin had 1 with a Cemetery mural painted on the sides, and red velvet walls, we called that "The LOVE Shack" ...FUN TIMES!!
I missed the 'Van Ins' by like two years. I've always been a day late and a dollar short.

Ooooh yea, and if I had paid some $35,000 or more for a truck and a $50 or $100 part cost me a $2000 tranny bill I'd be pretty damn sour about it myself. Especially if it was a known (to all but me) problem and there was no recall or even an owner advisory on it.

That just sounds very creepy and/or the start of a horrible adult film, lol.

Sent from my drone magnet

My girlfriend and I were woken up one night at the drive in movie by a loud speaker announcement. Seems we fell asleep in the back of my 75 Dodge van. Everyone was gone and all the lights were on at 2am.

I may have myself a winner. Compared to the asking prices on the stuff I have seen this is cheap. The truck is actually pretty far from me but the guy is super nice and offered to meet me half way for an initial peek. I'm accustomed to having less than first quality stuff so rough edges won't scare me off. Besides there would be extra spare cash to spend to get 'er polished up at the local body shop if need be.
1996 Ford F250 XLT HD PowerStroke

I'm a little flexible on body style. Don't want a crew cab or short bed. Those Ford owners sure are proud of their trucks. There was an '03 with the 7.3 here with 70,000 on it for about 17,500. I'd go for that before I went for that '97 at that price.

I'm a little flexible on body style. Don't want a crew cab or short bed. Those Ford owners sure are proud of their trucks. There was an '03 with the 7.3 here with 70,000 on it for about 17,500. I'd go for that before I went for that '97 at that price.
They sure are!!
Have you driven an 03'? I didn't like the the way that body style feels (interior) Unless you have long arms. The steering wheel felt too far away, unless you had seat up, which made your legs cramped. I had a 95' F150 yrs ago, I liked it, except it was a stick. I'd probably still have it otherwise.

I bought a new Dodge Ram today.Heard of problems with the trans and rearends so got the 100,000 bumper to bumper.Motor is strong but time will tell.

I may have myself a winner. Compared to the asking prices on the stuff I have seen this is cheap. The truck is actually pretty far from me but the guy is super nice and offered to meet me half way for an initial peek. I'm accustomed to having less than first quality stuff so rough edges won't scare me off. Besides there would be extra spare cash to spend to get 'er polished up at the local body shop if need be.
1996 Ford F250 XLT HD PowerStroke
Now this guy's screwing around. It looks to me like he's trying to get an auction going on his truck. I'm out and the hunt goes on.

Now that with a diesel engine is what I'm looking for. Of course it would cost more with the diesel option but that's OK.
I can't tell if it's a diesel or not, I tried zooming in on the side badge but, can't tell. If it is a diesel, it's a damn good price. I believe that's pretty close to Jeff's house, head on down, he'll feed ya..lol

I can't tell if it's a diesel or not, I tried zooming in on the side badge but, can't tell. If it is a diesel, it's a damn good price. I believe that's pretty close to Jeff's house, head on down, he'll feed ya..lol
In the listing is says V8 gasoline down there.

Tough to compete with idiots driving prices up, isn't it?
I was keeping my eye on an 04' 2500 HD (6.0 gas) Sierra crew 4x4, leather seats, about a 4 inch lift with nice rims, had 97k miles on it. It sold in under 2 weeks with a 24,900 asking price!!
This particular dealer doesn't knock off much, if anything, either. Pathetic, just pathetic.