I Need a New Truck. Any Recommendations?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date
Mileage is high but it it was in my hood I'd go look at it.

Could get this, and use it for fishing too

100_4156.JPG

1967 AMPHICAR POSSIBLY THE BEST ORIGINAL AMPHICAR STILL AVAILABLE!

Here's one, looks nice but the guy wants $15,000, Kelly Blue Book $11,800.
2002 Chevy duramax trede?

Better check your figures. If it is the LS, clean trade-in is around $11,500 and retail is $15000 according to NADA. Loan value is still around $11,000. I trust NADA over KBB. The dealerships and banks go off NADA.

I wouldn't pay retail, but somewhere between trade and retail.

Guardrail

I have a cap of $12,000 for anything I buy but these guys are all so proud of their trucks. Thanks for the tip to use NADA, will do.

Cash is king. If you show up with 120 $100 dollar bills, it will peak their interest no matter what the price. (Within reason)

Anytime I advertise on Craigslist, I always price high. That gives the customer room to talk me down and feel like they got a good bargain.

Guardrail

Cash is king. If you show up with 120 $100 dollar bills, it will peak their interest no matter what the price. (Within reason)

Anytime I advertise on Craigslist, I always price high. That gives the customer room to talk me down and feel like they got a good bargain.

Guardrail
I hear all that. Funny thing with me though, when these guys are asking $15,000 and I tell them $12,000 is my limit they get offended. :shrug: The one guy has had his truck for sale for two months now and still owns it.

I looked at a 97 F250 today, my favorite Black/silver 2-tone...I almost ***** looking at it, the salesman dropped the price 2k without me even mentioning it yet..lol. That thing was sweet!!!

1FTHX26F2VEC77491-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Better check your figures. If it is the LS, clean trade-in is around $11,500 and retail is $15000 according to NADA. Loan value is still around $11,000. I trust NADA over KBB. The dealerships and banks go off NADA.

I wouldn't pay retail, but somewhere between trade and retail.

Guardrail
I did KBB and NADA on same vehicle and they came out about the same, both 4k below the trucks price. But if that truck was listed at that price, it would have probably sold in a matter of hours..lol.
Are you familiar with cargurus? they don't go below 1999 but, it shows "great deal" "good deal" etc compared to what they think cars "market value" should be, I don't know where they get market value though, trying to find out