I Need Advice Estes Vs R&l

fildriver

TB Lurker
Credits
So like the title says, I need an advice.
I'm moving to Dallas in few months and spoke to recruiter from R&L about a team
position. Right now, I'm waiting for my teammate to get his hazmat back..

I have about 5 yrs OTR exp clean mvr.
My teammate has almost 20yrs exp.

I told him that Estes is also looking for team drivers in Dallas Terminal but not sure how often we are gona be able to come home? R&L told us that they have an account where teams sometimes get home daily or spend several hours at home? How true is this?

What are the pros/cons working as team driver at Estes vs R&L?

I really need an advice esp those working in Dallas terminal for both company.

Btw, this is gona be my first LTL company and hoping to retire.

I told him that Estes is also looking for team drivers in Dallas Terminal but not sure how often we are gona be able to come home? R&L told us that they have an account where teams sometimes get home daily or spend several hours at home? How true is this?

Sir I worked for Estes for about 20 years and did not run team. I do think overall Estes and R&L are not much different. I think team pay right now is over 70 cents per mile split I've been to Dallas terminal before and there's a lot of freight that moves through there. Dallas has many team runs out of there so over time you could progress into a bid run eventually. But you would probably start on Extra Board witch means y'all will be gone five days a return home for two days and back out. If you do the job and what is asked of you there shouldn't be any issues. Estes is laid back but not perfect. LTL Trucking is different from other kinds and is where the money is. It will take patience and some getting used to. Check out the Estes and R &L sites on here and talk with different people from both companies and get different opinions on all sides. Hope this helps and good luck with your choice.

At my barn they have several teams. Some run wild/extra. There are bid runs. There is a husband and wife team that dies get hometime through the week but they live close to the terminal. The money is very good from what I understand. R&L is pretty laid back. The equipment is good. There is a guy on truckersrepot named Indiana Mike that has a lengthy thread about running team for R&L