I Need Help; Trying To Switch Companies

Zmann

TB Lurker
Credits
I'm still relatively new to trucking and was wondering if some of y'all could help me.

My year with my company is almost over and I'm trying to get into McLane since it'll be more local. I'm trying to see what my chances are from where I stand right now.

I have had two minor collisions that were reported to my company since I started trucking. There were no points added to my license but I would like to know how long they stay on the company's record? I don't know if I should wait a year since my last collision to switch companies or just do it a bit after my year is over.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

I'm still relatively new to trucking and was wondering if some of y'all could help me.

My year with my company is almost over and I'm trying to get into McLane since it'll be more local. I'm trying to see what my chances are from where I stand right now.

I have had two minor collisions that were reported to my company since I started trucking. There were no points added to my license but I would like to know how long they stay on the company's record? I don't know if I should wait a year since my last collision to switch companies or just do it a bit after my year is over.

We’re the collisions chargeable? We’re you cited with moving violations? If so, they will show up on your MVR. If you have a clean MVR, it really will help with hiring somewhere else.

We’re the collisions chargeable? We’re you cited with moving violations? If so, they will show up on your MVR. If you have a clean MVR, it really will help with hiring somewhere else.

I wasn't cited and no police were involved. My record is clean but my company uses their own points system. I think I have 2 or 3 company points because of them.

company files are for life, or until they get bought out by another company, or end operations.

a DAC file, is 7 years, after those 7 years, only the names of the companies show up. this is what i have been experienced with.

company files are for life, or until they get bought out by another company, or end operations.

a DAC file, is 7 years, after those 7 years, only the names of the companies show up. this is what i have been experienced with.

That's good to know. Do you know how bad the accidents would affect me?

depends on each company you apply to.

1) some, NO ACCIDENTS in 3 years, 5 years, 6 years, etc.

2) most companies want a police report, to back up what you are saying, regarding NO citations.

3) some companies call your employer for the damages amounts per accident.

Lots of company don't report to DAC

Well fill out the app and see what happens you have nothing to lose. In my years I filled out many apps lots of those job I didn't take. I just need more info on the job more then what they put in there ads. I have know guys back in that day would fill out apps to LTL company every month just to stay fresh in the TM head.

You have no accidents if you weren't cited or police involved! If you want to go into food service try to get on a Union company like Sysco or Sherwood.

Lots of company don't report to DAC
this is true, and he never mentioned his employer, where those accidents happened.

BUT, many DO call for a reference. and it is there at that time, the new employer can be told of the accidents. that is IF the former employer goes that far in the phone conversation.

this is true, and he never mentioned his employer, where those accidents happened.

BUT, many DO call for a reference. and it is there at that time, the new employer can be told of the accidents. that is IF the former employer goes that far in the phone conversation.
Its my understanding that when you call a company about a prospective employee, they can only by law, give the dates of hire or termination.

In some states, all they can call about is employment verification, that can’t ask ‘how good of an employee is John Doe’, ‘was John Doe proficient’, ‘would you hire John Doe again’, etc.,

Its my understanding that when you call a company about a prospective employee, they can only by law, give the dates of hire or termination.
at one time, i thought so to, but this is what i knew to be false, in later years. . if they do not disclose information, it's only to protect themselves for a possible lawsuit...

i think it comes from "hearsay" and conjecture....

please read this:

"There are no federal laws restricting what information an employer can - or cannot - disclose about former employees. ... Legally, a former employer can say anything that is factual and accurate. Concern about lawsuits is why many employers will only confirm dates of employment, your position, and salary."

https://www.thebalancecareers.com/what-can-employers-say-about-former-employees-2059608#:~:text=There are no federal laws,cannot - disclose about former employees.&text=Legally, a former employer can,, your position, and salary.

as long as IT IS the truth, they can pretty much tell all.......

now, it is HIGHLY possible that state labor laws are involved with this, as a result, i'd go on an assumption that the HR dept would be VERY aware of this.

if i were to be a person that was doing the hiring...I'D WANT TO KNOW EVERYTHING.

at one time, i thought so to, but this is what i knew to be false, in later years. . if they do not disclose information, it's only to protect themselves for a possible lawsuit...

i think it comes from "hearsay" and conjecture....

please read this:

https://www.thebalancecareers.com/what-can-employers-say-about-former-employees-2059608#:~:text=There are no federal laws,cannot - disclose about former employees.&text=Legally, a former employer can,, your position, and salary.

as long as IT IS the truth, they can pretty much tell all.......

now, it is HIGHLY possible that state labor laws are involved with this, as a result, i'd go on an assumption that the HR dept would be VERY aware of this.

if i were to be a person that was doing the hiring...I'D WANT TO KNOW EVERYTHING.
The people who go on work comp every other year love it that most potential employers don’t find out about their phony claims past. I worked with a guy who was on comp 3 times, in about 6 years, and everyone there knew the claims were BS, and he was probably on light duty and FMLA almost a year between the 3 claims. A thumb, a toe, and a wrist...

The people who go on work comp every other year love it that most potential employers don’t find out about their phony claims past. I worked with a guy who was on comp 3 times, in about 6 years, and everyone there knew the claims were BS, and he was probably on light duty and FMLA almost a year between the 3 claims. A thumb, a toe, and a wrist...
I had a buddy who's brother walked with a cane to fake an injury, between the cane use and the fake limp he kinda ended up that way for real with a screwed up hip and a bad lower back.......served him right.

I had a buddy who's brother walked with a cane to fake an injury, between the cane use and the fake limp he kinda ended up that way for real with a screwed up hip and a bad lower back.......served him right.
this is where an insurance investigator is warranted..

case in point.

either last year, or at the very least 2 years ago (maybe i mentioned this in my "career ending operation", there was this guy and his lawyer.

i had to sit, and wait till my lawyer, and the insurance lawyer were available in the other courts.

ok, this guy was called up to the stand, and he sat there. his lawyer and the insurance lawyer, and the judge, went into the judge's chambers.

they came back out.

the judge said (i may have to paraphrase here) .''Mr. Smith, the insurance company has video AND pictures of YOU raking your yard. you are SUPPOSED to be on comp, UNABLE TO DO ANYTHING, and there you are, ON VIDEO, working".

Mr. Smith said (again, paraphrasing), "Your honor, it was just simple yard cleaning, i didn't know i was doing anything wrong".

The judge said to him, "cannot work, means cannot work...PERIOD....and with the insurance company proof, you are able to work, your case is closed, no more workers comp, no settlement".

he worked for what is known here as "Electric Boat", they have the US Navy contract to build the submarines. they make VERY GOOD MONEY.....and they HAVE the money to fight all w/c claims, and THEY DO. i see name after name on the court dockets, each time i have to go for anything related to my case....

he stood to gain a huge settlement, and his lawyer said, (i did hear this), "well good luck to you".......

so yeah, fakes, frauds are all around, some get away with it, some get caught.

here i am legally disabled, on SS disability and w/c still, until my case settles, when only God knows when, and i have documented all my troubles as you all know.

and NOT ONCE, have i been hauled off into court to have to prove anything and no pics or videos of me DOING ANYTHING outside the house.

why..??

i really got hurt, big time. and all the proof is in the court.

You have no accidents if you weren't cited or police involved! If you want to go into food service try to get on a Union company like Sysco or Sherwood.
Correct... No police ...No DOT accident report....No accident on record. Years ago a car hit me she claimed fault and signed the I'm at fault card. No cop just company and insurance companies involved...It never shown up on my record or the companies CSA score

My place has a place I think is call the Work Number. It's an 800 number you give to creditors and new employers to verify you employment. No one from the company is involved at all

this is where an insurance investigator is warranted..

case in point.

either last year, or at the very least 2 years ago (maybe i mentioned this in my "career ending operation", there was this guy and his lawyer.

i had to sit, and wait till my lawyer, and the insurance lawyer were available in the other courts.

ok, this guy was called up to the stand, and he sat there. his lawyer and the insurance lawyer, and the judge, went into the judge's chambers.

they came back out.

the judge said (i may have to paraphrase here) .''Mr. Smith, the insurance company has video AND pictures of YOU raking your yard. you are SUPPOSED to be on comp, UNABLE TO DO ANYTHING, and there you are, ON VIDEO, working".

Mr. Smith said (again, paraphrasing), "Your honor, it was just simple yard cleaning, i didn't know i was doing anything wrong".

The judge said to him, "cannot work, means cannot work...PERIOD....and with the insurance company proof, you are able to work, your case is closed, no more workers comp, no settlement".

he worked for what is known here as "Electric Boat", they have the US Navy contract to build the submarines. they make VERY GOOD MONEY.....and they HAVE the money to fight all w/c claims, and THEY DO. i see name after name on the court dockets, each time i have to go for anything related to my case....

he stood to gain a huge settlement, and his lawyer said, (i did hear this), "well good luck to you".......

so yeah, fakes, frauds are all around, some get away with it, some get caught.

here i am legally disabled, on SS disability and w/c still, until my case settles, when only God knows when, and i have documented all my troubles as you all know.

and NOT ONCE, have i been hauled off into court to have to prove anything and no pics or videos of me DOING ANYTHING outside the house.

why..??

i really got hurt, big time. and all the proof is in the court.
Kind of the same thing happened to a friend of mine. When he worked for New Penn he hurt his back. While out on Comp he came outside and his driverside front tire on his truck was flat. He call a buddy to come over and take it off and to go get it fixed. He took the tire to a tire shop were the pump like 60lbs in it and dunked it in a water tank could find no leak. He brought it back put it back on the truck, driver side front axle, and put the spare back in it's place. Two day later same tire flat. This time his buddy put the spare on drove the truck to the tire shop had it checked again, but this time they rotated the tires putting the tire that was going flat on the rear driver side axle. Well 2 day late.... you guessed it driver side front tire was flat. So they went thought the whole process again this time put the flat tire on the rear pass side axle.
For the next few night My friend and his buddies took turns watching his truck. At about 3am a guy walked up bend down and was letting air out of the driver side front tire. Well Mr tire deflate guy was meet with the wrong end of a pistol pointed at him and 2 other guys stand over him.
Well come to find out New Penn and the insurance hired this guy, I guess he was a PI, to get any kind of proof my friend was faking his injury. That was the last they saw of him and that did fair to well in court for the insurance co and the company

A very long time ago I had trouble with a company. Long story short I quit for cause and won the state court for unemployment against them. I thought that I got out scot free as it were.

Nope. That State in which the employer was located allows verbal use of the word Blacklist on the phone as long they are never in writing. It took 7 years for DAC to eliminate that company and 10 for it to be completely irrevelant. They did a great deal of future economic damage with the use of that one word to some of the employers I applied to for years. Eventually as the time goes by I learned from two of them what the story is and proceeded to learn what I can about that particular problem. And then checked up against them in writing. They knew then I was on the ball at that point and quit.

There are whoospies and accidents. Ive had a wide variety over the years. The worst cases lead to lawsuits against me in court which ended up being never going to trial and involved the employer as a listed defendant along with me twice. Which eventually also settled out. Those were whoopsies taken writ large beyond reason.

One accident that I gambled on the turning circle of a 18 wheeler and came up 2 feet short, when the day was over we were looking at in excess of 20K in damage. The entire situation got papered over with dollars and a whole lot of one way yelling to all parties involved. Particularly the supervisor who reclined in his ivory tower watching me deal with a trapped rig wanting out. You would think the big expensive stuff would run me out of trucking against DAC and other employers etc. But no.

What really happens is the employer learns a little bit, asked me what the story is and then it's story time. Once they understand the situation from me and matches with what they were told they decide if to hire or not. Usually I got hired. Usually but not always.

Enter big internet, data and technology today. I find the industry getting to the point in which people are being needlessly removed for say scraping a tire on a curb in tighttown USA somewhere. Instead of taking 200 dollars out of that drivers pay for a replacment tire and lesson learned, they fire same.

And you wonder why the 90 day wonders never get to have enough whoopsies and small payroll losses paying for further higher education in how not to hit stuff in trucking?

Finally if there was a sound of something making a dent and no LAWMAN was involved, NO MEDICS, And especially NOT CAPTAIN HOOK.... it was not a accident.

It MAY cost you a few dollars on the spot payable to the person who suffered the loss or damage. But it is NOT A ACCIDENT. Not the kind you need to worry about against future employers.