Yellow | I resigned

Spunkster

TB Lurker
Credits
Yep, effective Midnight the 30th, Today.
Got a drop and hook job. Less money with less hours. Less headaches and 14 hour days. I'll actually have a life and can increase my side business. No more driving 15 year old equipment.
YRC. did enable me to pay off my house and cars but no the time has come. I see some of my Brothers a few years older and see they are going to die gripping a steering wheel. Not for me anymore. It's been real
Spunkster

Congrats Spunkster,
A friend told me YRC was like the mob, ya can never leave... This right here is living proof, yes boys and girls, there is a life out there...

Good luck with the side business also

Congratulations Spunkster and good luck. Yes there is life out there and for many it is hard to make the change.

Yep, effective Midnight the 30th, Today.
Got a drop and hook job. Less money with less hours. Less headaches and 14 hour days. I'll actually have a life and can increase my side business. No more driving 15 year old equipment.
YRC. did enable me to pay off my house and cars but no the time has come. I see some of my Brothers a few years older and see they are going to die gripping a steering wheel. Not for me anymore. It's been real
Spunkster

When you get the time (I'm sure you will have more now) please come on back and enlighten those who are job scared that there IS a life after YRCW...You did not mention if it was Union or not...so if it is a non-union job, that refutes the scare tactic that no one will hire a former teamsters....best of luck Brother....stay in touch.....KK

Sad that it got so bad you just quit.Unlike myself it has been a year already since I retired and I don't even thing about driving a truck again.Good luck.Health has gotten much better Lost 30 lb. full of energy more time to ride the Harley. and sleeping at night.

I've been doing LTL for almost 30 years. It was fun for most of it. Since the merger I was at the bottom 25% at our barn. I loved the driving. I would drive the strait truck with 15-20 stops doing downtown and university P/D. Nobody else would do it because you had to think. Now it's driving 7 hours and working the dock 6-7 hours. Not bad for a younger guy that wants to make some $$$ and has the body for it. But winter is coming and my body can't take those 6-7 on the dock in the cold(20 to -20).
New gig is non-union, heck they even have expectations of me. It's family run and even though they're a TL outfit this gig is a dedicated short haul. Bennys aren't what I had but look at what's coming H&W at YRC. My wife has health insurance at her job so that's not a worry. I saw all this coming but most of my Brother's are in denial. Toughest thing about leaving is losing my vacation time of 3 weeks.
Yes it is scary to be jumping but I just have to do it. I never talked about YRC much to the wife. The little she did hear about was enough for her.

I've been doing LTL for almost 30 years. It was fun for most of it. Since the merger I was at the bottom 25% at our barn. I loved the driving. I would drive the strait truck with 15-20 stops doing downtown and university P/D. Nobody else would do it because you had to think. Now it's driving 7 hours and working the dock 6-7 hours. Not bad for a younger guy that wants to make some $$$ and has the body for it. But winter is coming and my body can't take those 6-7 on the dock in the cold(20 to -20).
New gig is non-union, heck they even have expectations of me. It's family run and even though they're a TL outfit this gig is a dedicated short haul. Bennys aren't what I had but look at what's coming H&W at YRC. My wife has health insurance at her job so that's not a worry. I saw all this coming but most of my Brother's are in denial. Toughest thing about leaving is losing my vacation time of 3 weeks.
Yes it is scary to be jumping but I just have to do it. I never talked about YRC much to the wife. The little she did hear about was enough for her.

Spunkster good luck and best wishes for sucess too you on your new job!!!

Good luck to you Brother! I speak from experience when I say that there is life after YRC and I have no regrets not going back when I had the chance. As they say...one door closes and another one opens!