TForce | i SIMPED for a woman last friday......

maxicoze

TB Regular
Credits
i moved a tv cabinet (you put the wide screen on top of this cabinet) inside to the foyer/front door area of a residential woman's house.

She was in a wheelchair.

What would you have done?

i fully admit that i simp for women (and men) at residentials. The payoff is possible tips. The last route, i was averaging $40-60 per week on tips. We just bid on new routes and my new route is not as profitable----i helped move a fiberglass front clip into a guys backyard. No tip, but he did shake my hand. The only consolation was that the frontend was light.

i'm not saying i'm right, i'm just saying this is what i do.

i moved a tv cabinet (you put the wide screen on top of this cabinet) inside to the foyer/front door area of a residential woman's house.

She was in a wheelchair.

i fully admit that i simp for women (and men) at residentials. The payoff is possible tips. The last route, i was averaging $40-60 per week on tips. We just bid on new routes and my new route is not as profitable----i helped move a fiberglass front clip into a guys backyard. No tip, but he did shake my hand. The only consolation was that the frontend was light.

40-60 a week??? I know of drivers making 100 a week easy.

She was in a wheelchair.

i hoped he had put hand sanitizer on. you never know where his hand or fingers have been never mind yours

I will never enter a persons home. Curbside, driveway, or garage, on all residentials. If not, I more than happy to send it back to the terminal.

i usually don't either, but she was in a wheelchair. Technically, i did enter in order to push it in far enough so that the front door would close.
(didn't get tipped either...... :(

She was in a wheelchair.

That what makes you a good driver . I would of done the same . I never took a tip from a customer only because my folks taught me to try to help people that need it . If you were a ass to me then I would write extra charges on the bill and go for broke . People that were gracious I made sure that they were taken care of . You sound like a good driver to have on the company roster , my complements driver .

That what makes you a good driver . I would of done the same . I never took a tip from a customer only because my folks taught me to try to help people that need it . If you were a ass to me then I would write extra charges on the bill and go for broke . People that were gracious I made sure that they were taken care of . You sound like a good driver to have on the company roster , my complements driver .
I agree 95%....LOL.....I take tips from wealthy people who can afford it and are just young and lazy.....but, I would never take a tip from someone who is in a wheelchair or is elderly...

I'm a big believer of Karma.
Unknown-1.jpg

I like you, didn’t take any tips. Besides the points you made, and I agree with them, what would happen if you took a tip and the customer called to complain that the driver charged an extra $xx for making the delivery? How would you defend that accusation?

God's Truth , I never took a tip . As I said treat me bad the bill from the company goes up with extra charges , let them fight with my company
and call me into the office , I got nothing to lie about and I don't lie . If
you don't like what I'm telling you (the truth) then you need to tell someone
that might care because I don't .

I like you, didn’t take any tips. Besides the points you made, and I agree with them, what would happen if you took a tip and the customer called to complain that the driver charged an extra $xx for making the delivery? How would you defend that accusation?
I understand what you're saying but if they are that dishonest what would stop them from making that accusation even without giving you the tip?

I agree 95%....LOL.....I take tips from wealthy people who can afford it and are just young and lazy.....but, I would never take a tip from someone who is in a wheelchair or is elderly...
ABF381, I agree with you, but my experience with inside deliveries was wealthy people wanted you to move the world and not tip and the little old lady or man would always want to tip you but I too would not take it from them. If you were in p&d long enough you knew what you were going to get into.

Years ago I made a residential delivery in the San Fernando Valley & found a wallet in the street with an address on the other side of the valley. Later that day I went & found the house, returned the wallet to the man's wife but refused her money politely. She got the name of my Co. from the trailer, called dispatch & asked about their driver & a week later a check, in my name, for $100 dollars arrived at my terminal. Also a note thanking me & turns out he owned a few high end ladies clothing stores & offered my wife any outfit in their store for free.

Years ago I made a residential delivery in the San Fernando Valley & found a wallet in the street with an address on the other side of the valley. Later that day I went & found the house, returned the wallet to the man's wife but refused her money politely. She got the name of my Co. from the trailer, called dispatch & asked about their driver & a week later a check, in my name, for $100 dollars arrived at my terminal. Also a note thanking me & turns out he owned a few high end ladies clothing stores & offered my wife any outfit in their store for free.
Bastard!!! He discriminated against you.....maybe you identify that way when you are off duty and he never offered.....hopefully she picked things out in your size...the nerve of some people...

In all fairness, she did not offer me a tip. Had she done so, i would have taken it.

Simped for a man last week----helped move a planter into the guy's garden. $50 cash, didn't even break a sweat.

That bought quite a bit of food. Unfortunately, won't quite fill up the tank......

Simping pays:

i look at this way: Most households don't have handtrucks, palletjacks etc. Most don't often have deliveries. So, they are just asking for some help as they are generally not equipped to handle these deliveries.