FedEx Freight | I want the buy out!!!!!!!

KCMDOCK

TB Lurker
Credits
I want nothing to do with driving to Edwardsville, KS. everyday, that would literally double my commute and make it close to 180 miles a day, NO THANKS.

My fear is that they will make enough spots available so that every FT. Dockworker in my OPCO. has one available to them therefore the severance would not be available.

Just my irrational mind thinking just what would be another way that someone could be screwed by this deal.

Does a voluntary severance also get the stated severance pay according to amount of years served?

Yes, BUT you can only take the voluntary severance if that would prevent another employee from being "displaced" ... If all KCM dock people could transfer to KCY you would be out of luck.

Exactly my point I just want out. After going to work for Watkins at 20yrs. old, 14yrs. ago and sticking with it this long I have no desire to have to prove myself to an entirely new set of people as well as more than doubling my gas cost. Just wish I was gauranteed the severance offer. Just seems to me a way for the company to expose who doesn't buy the Purple B.S.

Note: Severance selections will only be applicable up to the number of reductions to occur in an employee's job classification/location. Should turnover occur or other business conditions change that decrease the number of initially identified reductions, employees will be allowed to continue their employment (in order of company seniority) and the severance decision will no longer be valid.

In other words... they won't let too many people take the severance package. Only enough to negate any layoffs.

I was with wml/ntl from 97-07 as a ft dockworker and supervisor and I think what fedex has done with the company is terrible. I hope things work out for all of you guys and gals because I know how much hard work and sacrifice it takes to do the job that you do. I know I literaly had boxes falling on my head sometimes lol. Take care brothers and sisters...

hey guys i took the severance at my barn and i was the only city guy able to do so. filled out paperwork signd, sealed, delivered. since then a guy handed n his 2 week notice. will i b affected (screwed) because goin' to freight is not an option?

I want nothing to do with driving to Edwardsville, KS. everyday, that would literally double my commute and make it close to 180 miles a day, NO THANKS.

My fear is that they will make enough spots available so that every FT. Dockworker in my OPCO. has one available to them therefore the severance would not be available.

Just my irrational mind thinking just what would be another way that someone could be screwed by this deal.

180 miles a day commute...that would mean the barn is 90 miles away from you?
I thought they couldn't force you to move to a barn that's more than 50 miles away.

180 miles a day commute...that would mean the barn is 90 miles away from you?
I thought they couldn't force you to move to a barn that's more than 50 miles away.

This was my understanding as well...

50 miles or more...gotta go...more than that...you cannot be forced.

Rat

hey guys i took the severance at my barn and i was the only city guy able to do so. filled out paperwork signd, sealed, delivered. since then a guy handed n his 2 week notice. will i b affected (screwed) because goin' to freight is not an option?

Bosshogg- if a) you (and you alone) elected severance AND
b) your election kept 'one person' below you from being displaced AND
c) now 'one person' below you is no longer part of the combined board AND
d) your new work assignment is < 50 miles away THEN
e) the voluntary severance would not be available to you.

They will not allow an excess of people to elect the severance.

Good luck!

It sounds like there was going to be one person displaced at your center, you chose to take the buy out, and then someone else decided to move on and put in his notice. I would think they would offer you a position then. The way they explained it at our center, they were only offering the buy out to the amount of workers being displaced, so, I would say, no, you probably wont get the buy out, but you will be able to stay.

The 50 mile rule is from your current center. If you live 50 miles east of your current barn and the one they want you to go to is forty miles west of your current barn you get.....90 miles one way. it has nothing to do with distance from your home just distance from your current place of employmant.

The 50 mile rule is from your current center. If you live 50 miles east of your current barn and the one they want you to go to is forty miles west of your current barn you get.....90 miles one way. it has nothing to do with distance from your home just distance from your current place of employmant.

Good point...it's the distance from your current center.
So maybe he's screwed after all.
Gee what a surprise...somebody getting screwed by FedEx...

@KCMDOCK If your new terminal is more than 50 miles from your old one you can still take severance. It says so in that packet we were given

Leem, that's what KCM is saying. Let's do it this way: You live 40 miles EAST OF CMH (Columbus Ohio Freight terminal). You are needed to fill a position at the Huber Heights Ohio terminal which is 44 miles WEST of CMH. So, your new terminal would be 44 miles--under the 50 mile limit, but a nice 88 miles from your current residence. You would be required to take the position or quit.

Last edited by a moderator: