ABF | I will Stand by my No Vote

OK, its not unethical, immoral, or unlawful to ask to renegotiate a contract. ..........Are we all forgetting that ABF is the only company paying into a Pension? Can't we cut these some slack somewhere. And just so that you know, if the concessions had included pulling out of the Pension like YRC. I would have voted no. In fact I was a no vote till a couple weeks ago. If I believe the economy was truly rebounding, I would vote no.

[/quote] Here's why I believe it is unethical,immoral & unlawful to break the contract.....because it can only be renegotiated one way !! we can't go back to them & ask them to renegotiate the contract when they are making huge dollars & handing out huge bonuses as in the past. if we went back to abf & asked them to renegotiate the contract to give us more money ......do you think they would even get to a vote.NO they'd say you have a contract ...live with it!! THAT'S ONE OF THE MANY REASONS I VOTE NO!!!

Here's why I believe it is unethical,immoral & unlawful to break the contract.....because it can only be renegotiated one way !! we can't go back to them & ask them to renegotiate the contract when they are making huge dollars & handing out huge bonuses as in the past. if we went back to abf & asked them to renegotiate thecontract to give us more money ......do you think they would even get to a vote.NO they'd say you have a contract ...live with it!! THAT'S ONE OF THE MANY REASONS I VOTE NO!!!

I'm glad that you pointed that out Lefty! That's exactly what happened awhile back. Someone asked a question similar to that on the info :buttkisser:table and the answer was that it's not in your contract to receive bonuses,which is only right.It's different to them now when the shoe's on the other foot! They gave the bonuses to ALL management when times were good,now, when they are SUPPOSEDLY having a financial crisis, just go and get all those bonuses back!!!! That's just common sense in my book!

I'm glad that you pointed that out Lefty! That's exactly what happened awhile back. Someone asked a question similar to that on the info :buttkisser:table and the answer was that it's not in your contract to receive bonuses,which is only right.It's different to them now when the shoe's on the other foot! They gave the bonuses to ALL management when times were good,now, when they are SUPPOSEDLY having a financial crisis, just go and get all those bonuses back!!!! That's just common sense in my book!

[quote author=leftyblack link=topic=80036.msg830584#msg830584 date=1274095352]

OK, its not unethical, immoral, or unlawful to ask to renegotiate a contract. ..........Are we all forgetting that ABF is the only company paying into a Pension? Can't we cut these some slack somewhere. And just so that you know, if the concessions had included pulling out of the Pension like YRC. I would have voted no. In fact I was a no vote till a couple weeks ago. If I believe the economy was truly rebounding, I would vote no.

[/quote] Here's why I believe it is unethical,immoral & unlawful to break the contract.....because it can only be renegotiated one way !! we can't go back to them & ask them to renegotiate the contract when they are making huge dollars & handing out huge bonuses as in the past. if we went back to abf & asked them to renegotiate the contract to give us more money ......do you think they would even get to a vote.NO they'd say you have a contract ...live with it!! THAT'S ONE OF THE MANY REASONS I VOTE NO!!!
[/quote]

Excuse these extra posts,this modify button isn't co-operating with me...lol It's pretty confusing.

[quote author=Mike Varnco link=topic=80036.msg830530#msg830530 date=1274068114]
[quote author=stoneyABF link=topic=80036.msg830501#msg830501 date=1274065175]Fact is, these upper management guys are more valuable than you and I. If we don't these guys a competitive salary, we would lose these guys to other companies.[/quote]

Is this guy for real?
[/quote]

Yup, did you pay thousands of dollars to go to college? Did you sacrifice four plus years to get a degree? Did you start out probably making nothing in an internship to just get your foot in the door? Nope.

You and I drive trucks. You and are not making decisions on how to keep the company profitable. We're not setting price points to keep us competitive and still profitable. You and could probably do their job too. But we would first need to go to college and learn how to run a business. And that takes money and time.

Now we could take anyone of the big wigs, and with in a month have them driving a truck, and forklift. I'm not calling us idiots. We all chose our way. But I realize, when it comes right down to it. You and I are just hired hands to help them make a profit. Its not their job to care about us. And that's not a bad thing.

Face it, if we lowered these big wigs salary, over time we would lose the quality management that has made ABF successful for so long. Just remember you get what you pay for.

[quote author=JustAWorkingMan link=topic=80036.msg830593#msg830593 date=1274097266]
[quote author=leftyblack link=topic=80036.msg830584#msg830584 date=1274095352]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Well first of all, ABF isn't breaking a contract. They are asking for a renegotiation of our current contract. And that's not unethical, immoral or unlawful.

Now if tomorrow ABF just said no, we not paying your wages, we don't care what the contract says, we NOT paying. Now that's unethical, immoral, and of course unlawful.

There is a difference.

[quote author=stoneyABF link=topic=80036.msg830649#msg830649 date=1274109043]
[quote author=Mike Varnco link=topic=80036.msg830530#msg830530 date=1274068114]
[quote author=stoneyABF link=topic=80036.msg830501#msg830501 date=1274065175]Fact is, these upper management guys are more valuable than you and I. If we don't these guys a competitive salary, we would lose these guys to other companies.[/quote]

Is this guy for real?
[/quote]

Yup, did you pay thousands of dollars to go to college? Did you sacrifice four plus years to get a degree? Did you start out probably making nothing in an internship to just get your foot in the door? Nope.

You and I drive trucks. You and are not making decisions on how to keep the company profitable. We're not setting price points to keep us competitive and still profitable. You and could probably do their job too. But we would first need to go to college and learn how to run a business. And that takes money and time.

Now we could take anyone of the big wigs, and with in a month have them driving a truck, and forklift. I'm not calling us idiots. We all chose our way. But I realize, when it comes right down to it. You and I are just hired hands to help them make a profit. Its not their job to care about us. And that's not a bad thing.

Face it, if we lowered these big wigs salary, over time we would lose the quality management that has made ABF successful for so long. Just remember you get what you pay for.
[/quote]First off mr. stoney I did go to college...yes can you believe it a truck driver with a degree !! I know also that i am not the only driver/checker with one & i did sacrifice 4 plus years for mine !! Thank you also for making the case you get what you pay for !! that's why we deserve to be paid what we are paid..because we are the best !! pay me less than a non union driver & you end up getting what you pay for!!

Is this guy for real?

First off mr. stoney I did go to college...yes can you believe it a truck driver with a degree !! I know also that i am not the only driver/checker with one & i did sacrifice 4 plus years for mine !! Thank you also for making the case you get what you pay for !! that's why we deserve to be paid what we are paid..because we are the best !! pay me less than a non union driver & you end up getting what you pay for!![/QUOTE]

Lots of managers with college degrees are complete morons in business too. As drivers, we are all part of the link in the chain. Be it CEO or driver, if they can't make money they need to see the door.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

[quote author=ranger309 link=topic=80036.msg830809#msg830809 date=1274151712]
Is this guy for real?

First off mr. stoney I did go to college...yes can you believe it a truck driver with a degree !! I know also that i am not the only driver/checker with one & i did sacrifice 4 plus years for mine !! Thank you also for making the case you get what you pay for !! that's why we deserve to be paid what we are paid..because we are the best !! pay me less than a non union driver & you end up getting what you pay for!!

Lots of managers with college degrees are complete morons in business too. As drivers, we are all part of the link in the chain. Be it CEO or driver, if they can't make money they need to see the door.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Never said truckers couldn't have Degrees. Don't put words in my mouth. But I seriously doubt you have a College degree much less any sort of college education. And if you do, go to back to your school and get a refund. Because they failed with you.

Here's why I doubt your education. Your rhetoric is no different than what I hear in the break room at work with the other ignorant drivers I work with. Just that populist ideology with no facts to back anything up. If you were educated, you would have know about CANACAR being against the Pilot Cross Boarder Trucking Program. I bet you didn't even know what CANACAR was till I brought it up.

You would have know we lost more jobs in the last 2 or 3 years to the recession compared to NAFTA. You also would have know this current recession was caused by the Sub-prime mortgage meltdown, not rising insurance premiums and or Trucking Deregulation as you have claimed in the past. You would have known that Truck Deregulation wasn't Unconstitutional as you have claimed in the past. If it were, why didn't the Teamsters take that to the Supreme Court? You seem to think the Constitution also guarantees us the right to a good income and or lifestyle. There are no such guarantees. There's the right to the OPPURTUNITY to a good income and or life style.

I haven't heard anything come from that sounds remotely like you have any education. You never back anything up, And when I show my evidence or just ignore it.

Sorry Ranger........everything in that last post was directed towards Italian Style not you. That was my mistake. I thought your post came from Italian Style.........Again sorry. That post came from leftblack. I'm having troubles with this site quote system.

Now as far your post. I have no problem with Educated people making more money. If they show they are worth it in the market place. If they can show they can bring something of value to a business. And I'm not saying you and I are either over paid or underpaid.
My real point was that I could care less what some CEO or upper management person is getting paid. As long as the company is making money, and I feel my wage is fair to me. I try not to get caught up in that class warfare crap. I believe the unions do to much of that, and its crippling the unions in my opinion.

I'll tell you one thing,stoney... IMO- you are trying to come off as an educated person that knows all and thinks that everyone else is as dumb as a door nail! Just like management! You missed your calling. To me,anyone that trys to empress people with how smart they,have a inferiority complex and that needs to be handled on a professional level.I got news for you,you're not as smart as you think you are! It amazes me that you use speculation as facts! You use other peoples opinions as if they were you own and you can't even give one response to a post without a derogatory remark about that person. You contradict yourself in almost every post and you show your ignorance more and more with every reply! Then you have the gull to cry about it when you receive degrading comments. I think that you truly deserve them!!!!!!!!!

[quote author=stoneyABF link=topic=80036.msg830942#msg830942 date=1274215706]
Sorry Ranger........everything in that last post was directed towards Italian Style not you. That was my mistake. I thought your post came from Italian Style.........Again sorry. That post came from leftblack. I'm having troubles with this site quote system.

Now as far your post. I have no problem with Educated people making more money. If they show they are worth it in the market place. If they can show they can bring something of value to a business. And I'm not saying you and I are either over paid or underpaid.
My real point was that I could care less what some CEO or upper management person is getting paid. As long as the company is making money, and I feel my wage is fair to me. I try not to get caught up in that class warfare crap. I believe the unions do to much of that, and its crippling the unions in my opinion.
[/quote] Mr. Stoney If your post was directed toward me leftyblack i can assure you not only do i have a degree which abf is aware of since I had it when i was hired & had to include it in my job application. Anytime you want to discuss or compare resume let me know.You can bring your driving school certificate !!

[quote author=leftyblack link=topic=80036.msg831017#msg831017 date=1274228579]

[/quote] Mr. Stoney If your post was directed toward me leftyblack i can assure you not only do i have a degree which abf is aware of since I had it when i was hired & had to include it in my job application. Anytime you want to discuss or compare resume let me know.You can bring your driving school certificate !!
[/quote]

Look, I totally flubbed that post. I thought that post came from Italian Style when I saw it under Rangers Post. I didn't realize that post came you. So no, it wasn't directed towards you. I got two discussions mixed up. Italian Style hasn't even been in this discussion. Like I said that was a total flub up on me.

I have no reason to deny your education.

[quote author=JustAWorkingMan link=topic=80036.msg831008#msg831008 date=1274228037]
I'll tell you one thing,stoney... IMO- you are trying to come off as an educated person that knows all and thinks that everyone else is as dumb as a door nail! Just like management! You missed your calling. To me,anyone that trys to empress people with how smart they,have a inferiority complex and that needs to be handled on a professional level.I got news for you,you're not as smart as you think you are! It amazes me that you use speculation as facts! You use other peoples opinions as if they were you own and you can't even give one response to a post without a derogatory remark about that person. You contradict yourself in almost every post and you show your ignorance more and more with every reply! Then you have the gull to cry about it when you receive degrading comments. I think that you truly deserve them!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Back to my point that you can not read. I wasn't the one calling the no votes idiots, dumb, brainwashed, and butt kissers. But I'm right about ABF not being unethical, immoral, or unlawful.

[quote author=stoneyABF link=topic=80036.msg831030#msg831030 date=1274231183]

[/quote]

Look, I totally flubbed that post. I thought that post came from Italian Style when I saw it under Rangers Post. I didn't realize that post came you. So no, it wasn't directed towards you. I got two discussions mixed up. Italian Style hasn't even been in this discussion. Like I said that was a total flub up on me.

[/quote]My mistake. I apologize to you for my misreading the quote. i also have made errors with trying to place the proper quote in my post.

[quote author=leftyblack link=topic=80036.msg831034#msg831034 date=1274231670]
[quote author=stoneyABF link=topic=80036.msg831030#msg831030 date=1274231183]

[/quote]

[/quote]My mistake. I apologize to you for my misreading the quote. i also have made errors with trying to place the proper quote in my post.
[/quote]

Its all cool. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

No problem, stoney. I have had posting issues too on the new platform. As for the yes/no vote I don't have a vote since I don't work for ABF.

At least you ABF guys don't have to deal with a merger like we did at YRC and get hit with the recession too. Hope you make out better then we did, when the dust settles.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Those who demand that everything be declared see themselves as street fighters for the freedom in men's souls. But they're not. They are bullies.
images
This is the USA. You should not know. You have no right to know how anyone votes. That's my take on it. Like just my--

Opinion.jpg