Yellow | IBT Freight Division Worried About The "Laid Off Vote"!

I'm laid off ... I am working another job and have started my own business. I have been laid off for two years and am a TEN (10) year YELLOW YRC empoloyee ... SPITE? I have purchased several hundreds of YRCW stocks ... I grew up in a YELLOW Teamster family. The last thing I want to see is YRCW go down. But your stupid ROADWAY management and my stupid CEO drove my company, Holland and New Penn in the ground ... want to see spitefull? Open your eyes you BLIND BAT!!!

My 28 years were with Roadway. I retired at age 58 at peer 84. What the WTWT does pay is $600.00 of my $1022.00 a month health care for two people. I am sure I will loose that $600.00 payment if YRC fails. At no time have I ever heard of free lifetime health insurance from the Western Teamsters.

I think that some locals had (have) it, and some don't. Thinking back, some workers out of Oakland didn't have it, and some workers in San Jose did. I'm sure that workers in Modesto have it. Sometimes things just are not fair.

I'm just askin, have no info on the subject, but in order to vote, wouldn't the laid off guy need to be current in dues? If you haven't worked for a union job in a couple years, would you still be paying and current on dues?

Have you never heard of a withdrawal card. Why would you keep paying dues when you are laid off. Also talked to a bunch of laid off drivers voting No,their reason being that they are now working for the competition and would love to see the influx of business also gain some seniority if YRC shut down with having to hire to cover the new freight levels.

I got news for ya....The "seasoned" Teamsters at Holland are cowering down and voting Yes. Its the younger crowd that is willing to stand up and say "Enough is enough!"
Hey hey. that was uncalled for, i cant speak for all of holland but here in Buffalo we are pissed. theres a handfull of losers that would vote for anything but its only a small few, dont speak for us were doing a fine job of telling yrc to shove it.

I think that some locals had (have) it, and some don't. Thinking back, some workers out of Oakland didn't have it, and some workers in San Jose did. I'm sure that workers in Modesto have it. Sometimes things just are not fair.
Or...true.

I hope you didn't mistake what i was trying to convey. I went back to the previous company i was with before going to YRC, mainly because i have no desire to stay gone that long. It is just a small company but it is one of the best companies i have ever worked for in the non-union sector. I run weekly from Kansas City to California or the northwest and back. I make good money, not YRC money by any means, but my bills are always met and in a very low stress enviroment. I commend you for taking the kind of job that takes care of your family, first and foremost. There is life outside YRC, I hope they make it, I would like to go back when the time is right. If they don't make it, life goes on one way or the other. I have actually been called back as of a couple months ago, but chose to take my LOA pending which direction things go. I ran for twenty years before i went to YRC, so I will just keep on rollin' and see what happens next. Taking care of your family is the most important thing. No matter how it gets done.

I hope you didn't mistake what i was trying to convey. I went back to the previous company i was with before going to YRC, mainly because i have no desire to stay gone that long. It is just a small company but it is one of the best companies i have ever worked for in the non-union sector. I run weekly from Kansas City to California or the northwest and back. I make good money, not YRC money by any means, but my bills are always met and in a very low stress enviroment. I commend you for taking the kind of job that takes care of your family, first and foremost. There is life outside YRC, I hope they make it, I would like to go back when the time is right. If they don't make it, life goes on one way or the other. I have actually been called back as of a couple months ago, but chose to take my LOA pending which direction things go. I ran for twenty years before i went to YRC, so I will just keep on rollin' and see what happens next. Taking care of your family is the most important thing. No matter how it gets done.
Don't you hate driving in Communist California? Try smoking a cigar or chew tobacco on YRC's property out there, and watch how crazy people can get.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather see the violence versus a subliminal message.
Your avatar has that sublimical message too. I'm trying to figure it out, also. Is it 28 years of driving while being treated like a dog? I'll make it easy. Vote Yes, because I'm correct. :biglaugh:

I got news for ya....The "seasoned" Teamsters at Holland are cowering down and voting Yes. Its the younger crowd that is willing to stand up and say "Enough is enough!"
Up here, it's the seasoned Teamsters also that are scrounging for every minute of overtime, while junior men can't get a days work in. They don't want a Brother to be called back, because it might cut into their overtime. They are voting yes because they have a nice little system worked out with mgt. They are allowed to screw the company to get their concession money back. Do these "employees of the month" think that they are actually helping the company survive......while stealing their 15% back??????:6799::poster_stupid:

Why would anbody who is laid off vote for this? They should vote to shut it down and maybe get the opportunity to work at ABF or UPS.

Don't need to shut it down to work somewhere else if you're laid off. Can already be there if you meet their requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by shoeman View Post
Quote Originally Posted by ninetyeight View Post
Why would anbody who is laid off vote for this? They should vote to shut it down and maybe get the opportunity to work at ABF or UPS.

the future teamster generation..God help the union..

the future teamster generation..God help the union..

The past teamster generation is receiving a pension the funds can't afford, not leaving anything for the future generations. The current generation has a choice between hugely worse working conditions, or a fast-track towards bankruptcy. I say vote no bite the bullet and start over, it was completely non-union before and started at zero, time to repeat history.

Nah, driving in California is cool! The people are nuttier than squirrel turds, but the driving is ok. When in Rome, do as the Romans do. Not a big fan of the east coast, no offense to anyone. (p.s. the east coast is everything past I-35, right?)

The past teamster generation is receiving a pension the funds can't afford, not leaving anything for the future generations. The current generation has a choice between hugely worse working conditions, or a fast-track towards bankruptcy. I say vote no bite the bullet and start over, it was completely non-union before and started at zero, time to repeat history.

4:55 on video

YouTube - PART 3 Glenn Beck: Crash Course, Day 1: Economic Transformation, 09-06-2010.flv

Remember, that is a state pension. It is different with a private pension.

Last edited by a moderator: