Yellow | IBT has taken a neutral posistion!

willyb

TB Lurker
Credits
The IBT should come out and speak on these proposals and give a reason for not negotiating! Are the teamsters never going to negotiate a contract for YRC again?

As told to us at the meeting: they (IBT) are not willing to open the NMFA. If they had negotiated, EVERYTHING would have been open!

While I haven't been happy with the International for a long time, I do think they are between a rock and a hard place in what's going on now. Just like all the workers involved are.

As told to us at the meeting: they (IBT) are not willing to open the NMFA. If they had negotiated, EVERYTHING would have been open!

One more reason to vote no! So the message the I.B.T. Is sending is this....if it passes we'll deal with it,and if don't and they close the doors well we didn't tell you to vote it down. Their dumping it all on the rank and files shoulders and telling you do what you think is best. It's like the weather man telling you that there's a 50/50 chance of rain. Either way he's covered and don't look like the bad guy.

One more reason to vote no! So the message the I.B.T. Is sending is this....if it passes we'll deal with it,and if don't and they close the doors well we didn't tell you to vote it down. Their dumping it all on the rank and files shoulders and telling you do what you think is best. It's like the weather man telling you that there's a 50/50 chance of rain. Either way he's covered and don't look like the bad guy.

Well said, its a "white paper" contract.

We are in wait and see what they will do next mode.
So I suggest adding a * Vote No * to that and continue in wait and see mode.
Its the only logical thing for any rank and file member to do @ this point !

Just remember, a car salesman NEVER gives you his best offer right out of the gate. He's feeling you out to see what kind of sucka you are or aren't ! We can vote this initial proposal down and definitely get a better offer. Do you really think they put out a "firm offer". Take it or leave it. In which case they lose their jobs too . Hell Noo !!