ABF | IBT Newsletter For ABF Teamsters

1) demands equal wage and benefit sacrifice for
all employees, union and non-union This just isn't true since we know by the SEC fillings that the top management all received raises . this isn't a temporary concession package with automatic realistic return to scale language. this is a 5 year contract that in 2018 have us making what we are today in 2013 & have to be renegotiated from scratch again.

1) demands equal wage and benefit sacrifice for
all employees, union and non-union this just isn't true since we know by the sec fillings that the top management all received raises . This isn't a temporary concession package with automatic realistic return to scale language. This is a 5 year contract that in 2018 have us making what we are today in 2013 & have to be renegotiated from scratch again.

I propose when this contract is ratified, that all IBT Executives, all local union employees, all pension fund Executives and employee accept the same terms as they have seen fit for us.

Now that is what i would call equal sacrifice

Ahh, Brother,....but IBT Executives, most Local Union employees, and Pension fund Trustees aren't ABF employees. That's the slimy, little loophole they'll wiggle out of. We need removal of TNFINC as our Teamster negotiating team, and Mr. Hoffa should replace them with ABF employees only........then we would have people with a vested interest in negotiating a good contract,...instead of so-called professional "negotiators" just putting in another day at the office.....

We had a meeting at the hall yesterday going through this proposal and our B.A. Said they fought long and hard to get this deal done and Said this is ABF's best and final offer!He said ABF brought in a union busting outfit to negotiate for them and said they wanted throw out the NMFA and have their own that this outfit drew up in which he called a "Green Contract" which they rejected completely! I asked if there was a plan in place if this proposal failed and he said not really.That's not the answer we were looking for! Is the company bluffing? I'm not so sure now. I know one thing,striking is not an option if they don't go back to the table. I guess we're in controll of out own destiny!

Ahh, Brother,....but IBT Executives, most Local Union employees, and Pension fund Trustees aren't ABF employees. That's the slimy, little loophole they'll wiggle out of. We need removal of TNFINC as our Teamster negotiating team, and Mr. Hoffa should replace them with ABF employees only........then we would have people with a vested interest in negotiating a good contract,...instead of so-called professional "negotiators" just putting in another day at the office.....

Maybe Mr.Hoffa should start at the top and replace himself..

I for one would like to see this " Green Contract " if someone gets a hand on it post it.
We had a meeting at the hall yesterday going through this proposal and our B.A. Said they fought long and hard to get this deal done and Said this is ABF's best and final offer!He said ABF brought in a union busting outfit to negotiate for them and said they wanted throw out the NMFA and have their own that this outfit drew up in which he called a "Green Contract" which they rejected completely! I asked if there was a plan in place if this proposal failed and he said not really.That's not the answer we were looking for! Is the company bluffing? I'm not so sure now. I know one thing,striking is not an option if they don't go back to the table. I guess we're in controll of out own destiny!

Blame Judy, not the IBT, Not Hoffa or the TNFINC. Judy is the one who insisted on this. Judy is leveling the playing field. The 2010 vote wouldn't allow it. The courts wouldn't allow it. Judy is making it happen. Point your fingers at ABF management for once. It's politics. YRC got concessions now ABF got concessions. The politicians spoke. Might makes right