Idiot of the day award.

Man driving a pickup truck chased me down this morning, screaming that my sh!t busted his windshield . I asked him how far were you behind me. He said, 2 car lengths. I asked him if he could read. He said HELL YES I CAN READ. I said, WHAT PART OF, KEEP BACK 500 FEET, CANT YOU COMPREHEND. He said what does that mean? I said, READ THE TAILGATE AND HAVE A NICE DAY. Mashed my gas and drove off.

Yep othertrucker2001, I had a similar experience last Decade in Rockingham, NC where some wanker claimed a Rock departed a Drive tire (on a 6 wheel Straight Truck) and nicked a mirror on his car.
He wanted ME to give him some money to fix his transport.
I said "We're NOT RESPONSIBLE for Rocks (or other objects) leaving Tires", since WE DON'T HAUL ROCKS"!
He called the company and the OWNER told him the same thing along with some colorful words and then I departed.

His “argument” that he was only drinking at stop signs and not while moving brings a whole new level to the term “outhouse lawyer”.........

My question is why are we only issuing “ Idiot of the Day” awards, when evidence suggests we could give out awards .....hourly.....

His “argument” that he was only drinking at stop signs and not while moving brings a whole new level to the term “outhouse lawyer”.........

My question is why are we only issuing “ Idiot of the Day” awards, when evidence suggests we could give out awards .....hourly.....
Sad but TRUE and then some of these people believe that they are just fine the problem is YOU !!!!!!

Get this. My boss bought a 1984 AM General, (army wrecker truck) that had been outfitted with a 6 speed automatic transmission. Brought it home, stripped off the wenches and such, removing nearly 2500 pounds of unneeded metal. Spent $4000.00 on it, in new wiring, tires, seat, a/c, wet line kit. Had it nearly a year, and can't drive it a full day without something breaking. It cost him $19,000.00. It takes two mechanics, three days of working on it, to make one, 120 mile round trip. He get the hourly, if not minute by minute idiot award. And this ain't his only......mistake?

Get this. My boss bought a 1984 AM General, (army wrecker truck) that had been outfitted with a 6 speed automatic transmission. Brought it home, stripped off the wenches and such, removing nearly 2500 pounds of unneeded metal. Spent $4000.00 on it, in new wiring, tires, seat, a/c, wet line kit. Had it nearly a year, and can't drive it a full day without something breaking. It cost him $19,000.00. It takes two mechanics, three days of working on it, to make one, 120 mile round trip. He get the hourly, if not minute by minute idiot award. And this ain't his only......mistake?
didn't he buy (last year??) some sort of truck that he cannot drive?

How much does he pay his mechanic's ? I hope a lot and if so maybe I'll go back to wrenchin' seems what ever I did wouldn't hurt his bottom line.

How much does he pay his mechanic's ? I hope a lot and if so maybe I'll go back to wrenchin' seems what ever I did wouldn't hurt his bottom line.
I dont think he has found his bottom line yet. He keeps throwing money at every problem he encounters. Between the TWO ex army trucks, with what has been spent on them, and the transgender dump truck, with all that has been spent on that, plus the three concrete trucks that have to be rebuilt from the ground up, and what has yet to be spent on these trucks, we could have bought road ready trucks and been using them all this time.

After a lot of thought, I may have the answer to your problem, "move closer to the quarry"
Here's a kicker. They are opening another plant, one mile from another quarry, and have nothing to haul rock and sand with, to the new plant. They can't even get anyone to haul for them. It's a two mile round trip.