ADuiePyle | Idling trucks

xeastend

TB Veteran
Credits
As you know, the latest kick is fuel economy and idling. Well, I am doing my part. Its easy. Latest shows I am at 0.36 percent. So i get to Westhampton this morning around 0540 (aug 6 ). There is a running truck. 68 degrees out. Lights on etc. No driver. Go into the bldg for my paperwork. No driver. Use the facilities. There he is . In the stall.I use one also (TMI). A few minutes he emerges clueless. No reason to have the truck on. Makes me wonder why I am even trying when guys like him exist. Just had to vent

As you know, the latest kick is fuel economy and idling. Well, I am doing my part. Its easy. Latest shows I am at 0.36 percent. So i get to Westhampton this morning around 0540 (aug 6 ). There is a running truck. 68 degrees out. Lights on etc. No driver. Go into the bldg for my paperwork. No driver. Use the facilities. There he is . In the stall.I use one also (TMI). A few minutes he emerges clueless. No reason to have the truck on. Makes me wonder why I am even trying when guys like him exist. Just had to vent
Interesting

Last edited:
No doubt you know him Local. Without using names, his nick name is associated with a childhood story involving porridge and some bears......

I hear it often from morons like him. Can't tell me when to run the truck. What's in it for me? By helping to keep costs down thru MINIMAL effort, increases the company's bottom line. Better black ink allows for more NEW equipment, not still running junk. Peter even said in the video because the company did well, we received $1.00 increase. Some terminals more.