XPO | If I could change one thing in the company, it would be...

Nah, just fire all the morons that run the company; we have been taken over by liberals. The proof of this is that when an idea doesn't work they figure that it didn't work because we didn't do enough of it. It couldn't be that the idea was bad....

I would like to Water Board certain............. people and have some caustic soda in the water!!! I believe in doing some things slowly .

Caustic takes a few minutes to set in......not like acid that burns immediately. Then it leaves ***** for a very long time.

100% INSURANCE, I could do away with the I C P or what they call it now, WHAT YOU'LL NEVER SEE, for the standard OR better cost of living raises, where I live, cost is about 2 times higher than what it icosts someone in some of the southern REGIONS, KANSAS, MISSOURI, SOUTHERN ILLINOIS, KENTUCKY, GEORGIA, C'mon it really cannot be that big of a difference right, Con-way Management.!!!!! If there is such a cost show it because of the fact that you know that COORporate picKs up all the costssss, Including the fancy cars that no one gets to see you driving around town in, and yet alone probably also dining out on the COMPANY BUSINESS aCCOUNT!!! How about CUTTING back some more, THANK U

How about instead of flying management to and from Ann Arbor they all have to bum rides with line drivers, then city drivers have to pick them up/ drop them off at the motel six in between stops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hell with that. Manifest them and throw them into a empty trailer and send it as a pure to XGO. Don't put any freight in with them, The real freight might get contaminated.

So many things to change..I'll start small, how about more than 4 pro labels. So annoying only having 4 sometimes.

Top rate in two years instead of four

I dissagree. Pay should be based on performance. Hiring pay should be based on experience. You should get an honest yearly review and get a raise that refects what you offer the company. The currenty payscales only incentive is to do good enough not to get fired and you will work your way up just as fast as the guy who goes above an beyond every day.

To take that 1 step further (to kick our FOS's in the but). Anyone's review that is below average should have paperwork to back it up. In other words, don't wait until review time to tell someone that they are doing something wrong. Train them and let progess get rewarded. If someone recieved a letter or a talking to months, don't hold it against them if the issue is resolved at review time. You hold it against them if they made no effort to fix the issue.

CGO will have to put a cap on raises every year. But lets say they set a 3% cap. If you have a guy that is better than another, why can't he get 3.5% and the other guy get 2.5%? If that is fail based on performance, that's the way it should be.

Performance Based Raises

Top rate in two years instead of four

I dissagree. Pay should be based on performance. Hiring pay should be based on experience. You should get an honest yearly review and get a raise that refects what you offer the company. The currenty payscales only incentive is to do good enough not to get fired and you will work your way up just as fast as the guy who goes above an beyond every day.

To take that 1 step further (to kick our FOS's in the but). Anyone's review that is below average should have paperwork to back it up. In other words, don't wait until review time to tell someone that they are doing something wrong. Train them and let progess get rewarded. If someone recieved a letter or a talking to months, don't hold it against them if the issue is resolved at review time. You hold it against them if they made no effort to fix the issue.

CGO will have to put a cap on raises every year. But lets say they set a 3% cap. If you have a guy that is better than another, why can't he get 3.5% and the other guy get 2.5%? If that is fail based on performance, that's the way it should be.

Performance based raises need to be based on hard numbers.

If they are not the raises end up being based on the opinions of SCMs and supervisors...and the 'Good Old Boy' network.

If the managers like you the raise will be forthcoming...if they don't you're SOL.

If the company would allow the SCMs to determine raises based on performance very little would be awarded...it helps their numbers.

FOSs are not qualified to make any determination.

The HR model at the company is not based on performance and the rewards that may or may not be forthcoming...is based on punitive measures that only respond in kind when some infraction occurs. The is the mantra of Con-Way...above and beyond is expected and demanded. Recognition for those efforts are not to be acknowledged...only if and when you fail will you receive any notoriety.

Any rewards based on performance died with FatBeard...individuality and the ability to stand out as a performer above and beyond the call no longer exists.

There was a time when the company recognized and honored these accomplishments...that time has passed never to return. In that period the 'Quarterly Leadership Award' actually meant something...people desired the notoriety and it was admired...now it is just another 'activity' that is part of the month to month machinations of a behemoth that is out of touch with the people.

The OMS program is a joke...has been from the beginning.

All raises need to be across the board...letting some prima donna make those determinations is proposterous...we have seen enough of that already.

Rat

Last edited by a moderator:
See my eyes, I can hardly see.
See me stand, I can hardly walk.
I believe you can make me whole.
See my tongue, I can hardly talk.
See my skin, I'm a mass of blood.
See my legs, I can hardly stand.
I believe you can make me well.
See my purse, I'm a poor, poor man.
Will you touch, will you mend me Christ?
Won't you touch, will you heal me Christ?
Will you kiss, you can cure me Christ?
Won't you kiss, won't you pay me Christ?

Performance based raises need to be based on hard numbers.
All raises need to be across the board...letting some prima donna make those determinations is proposterous...we have seen enough of that already.

Rat

I agree that in this current system, they need to be across the board. I wish we could make the chages needed to reward the ones who deserve it more. Not an easy task. A start would be to a range. everyone gets X amount. SCM's can leave it like that or change how it's distributed, but must justify it with hard #'s. Bob doesn't get more because the SCM likes Bob, John doesn't get less because the SMC doesn't like John.

Wishful thinking I guess, but I would love to see it happen. I know I'm not the only one who knows someone doing bare minimum that gets the same pay as everyone else.