If I was going to go OTR

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
I've been thinking about this lately, I think about work a lot it comes from being new to this whole thing, having a very sporadic schedule and being all over the extra board and not knowing where I stand from one week to another and trying to do everything right when sometimes I don't know and have to wing it.

Any how when I first got into this it was either food or OTR. Obviously I chose food and have no actually beefs with anything involved in food service trucking I don't mind the two wheeler, lift gates, stairs or really any of it, it's actually been a fine job for me really. Fighting to prove that I can do the job has been a battle though it really has, and it's taken a lot out of me, I think about work a lot I know things will get easier which is what keeps me going, but it's a tough road the first truck driving job you have there's no easy way around it, just head down grin and bear it and work through it.

However that being said, I think if I was going to work for Over the Road companies I would really consider starting at US Xpress or Schneider and then if I stayed in the OTR game Decker from Fort Dodge, Iowa they would be my first choice for career OTR. Ive read reviews people who work there say pretty positive things about them and you get to go out west and see a lot of the west with them and I've never really been out west so they would really be my career OTR carrier of choice.

If you wanted to run otr I'd get with a LTL company and run extra board. But that's just me

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk