Yellow | If I Was Voting Today, I Would......hmmmm

Jay C no matter what happens at YRC central states pension is done .If you are in it your money will go to the gov.and you will get around $1200.No matter what the vote count is.

maybe joe should start saving now and cutback by having his internet shut off and enjoying life instead of living on here begging for yes votes either way yes or no the central states fund is over . so why should we give move with no return to greatness in sight

Last edited by a moderator:
Jason Seidl with Dahlman Rose & Co. keeps his “Hold” rating, expressing concern about the substantial dilution threatened by the deal with the Teamsters. The agreement forces YRC to raise $300 million by March and also to convert its debt to equity, and give a portion to the Teamsters. He also doubts whether the measures will be approved by the union’s vote. Arkansas Best (ABFS) employees earlier this year voted down concessions meant to aid that firm. And other trucking outfits are in the process of giving back wages and benefits while YRC seems to be asking for further sacrifice.
There was one rating change today, by Stifel Nicolaus’s David Ross, who cut the stock from “Hold” to “Strong Sell.” The reverse split will “significantly reduce liquidity and force investors to trade based on fundamentals (volume and margin outlook), which we believe are poor.”

They need $391,00,000 on November the First that's why the rush.We currently- just in pension are giving them $30,000,000 a month in pension cuts.

they dont just want a drink of our water they want to take and poison the whole damned well

there is no other company out there that has run for the past 22 months on TEAMSTER FUNDS (Our give backs are proof of this).

Completely untrue. They survived for only one reason-- the Banks had no better option. Unless you personally wrote a check to them to continue functioning on, you're mistaken; and if that's the case-- you're a fool working here-- you should be on Wall street, working for a Bank.....

Thanks KK for all you do!

I agree with you on both sides of your comment. This vote will determine the lives of 25,000 plus families. These comments about "how can a man look in a mirror after he votes NO and live with himself" doesn't compare to the man who has to look at his family and tell them that he cannot provide for them anymore.

All of the "NO" votes must remember, that if you are truly disappointed with the national leadership of your union, next year is the general election and the only way that most would be able to voice your dissatisfaction is to keep your jobs at YRC so you can vote.

Chapter 11 here we come?

Reorganization is no good without operating cash or customers. They can call it reorganization all they want-- if it comes to Bankruptcy, they're done. I've been thru this before; unfortunately I've got 'experience'. When one of my kids was young and asked me (while working on a car) "Dad, what's the definition of experience?" I answered-- "the unique talent I have of recognizing that I've done made this same mistake before!"

Sounds like a suck ass to me ,vote no,be proud to be a teamster.VOTE NO.

There are many people in segments of the union, YRC management and within your Teamster Brothers and Sisters, that work hard to try and protect your interests. They will take views on both sides of different issues. Learn to recognize those who are willing to put their reputations and jobs on the line and thank them. Otherwise get of your arse and do something besides be an armchair cheerleader, criticizing those that care beyond the scope of their job. KK donates a lot of time beyond the scope of his job to promote Teamster unity and help protect the Brothers interests. I donated years Modding here trying to do the same. If you want to be critical of someone, you should know facts about what you are saying, before opening your mouth.

I know I am retired from YRC and probably will catch HEll for posting but I can guarantee you this.......If it is voted yes just wait.........When June 2011 rolls around the company will want round 4 of concessions and it will be not putting 25% contributions back into the pension plans.......Somewhere you have to draw a line in the sand........Time will tell.........nuff said

I know I am retired from YRC and probably will catch HEll for posting but I can guarantee you this.......If it is voted yes just wait.........When June 2011 rolls around the company will want round 4 of concessions and it will be not putting 25% contributions back into the pension plans.......Somewhere you have to draw a line in the sand........Time will tell.........nuff said

OR, you can lose your pension, not get a paycheck from anyone Union, and not make it to June 2011. A no-win for all. Can you go back to work? You might have to??????? Believe me, I'm not in favor of keep voting yes-- but No seems beyond reasonable....

Just a few thoughts for those of you who have a big decision to make right now. As an ABF employee I am affected by the outcome of this vote and however it turns out I don't see it as pretty.

There are two things I see that are not being discussed.
One of them is the impact of a 25% pension contribution. Is it possible that this meager contribution will put you into a different pension plan level which would render a drastically reduced pension in the end? I am aware that there are several 'plans' in the fund I am in but I am not well enough versed to know the answer to that question.
The other is the $400 contribution each of you will be making towards Bill Zollars' $10,000,000 retirement gift. How can this be justified?

No teamster pension is going to survive. Our masters will merge them all with social security and pay us what they think is fair for the slave class.

If I were driving the truck today at Yellow (I say that because I never worked for YRC) I would probably be leading the charge at my terminal saying hell no, and no way would I vote yes after giving up so much the first two times…. enough of this crap…let them shut it down.

They have disrespected the employees so much since the second giveback, with BS warning letters and blowing the money on those…. wasting money due to poor coordinating from CDO…. violating and violating, etc.etc. our NMFA so many times it has caused a great backlog of grievances to be heard.

**** poor management of the money that the employees have given back must stop before they get another dime! The customer base and shipments must grow in tremendous leaps and bounds to actually get us ALL out of this mess…. is that happening?

I would probably tell them to shove it up their tailpipes when they would not answer my questions after they held their scripted terminal meetings around the country that did nothing but cost them yes votes and insult the intelligence of the working men and women at the terminals.

BUT…(you knew I was working up to that, didn’t you?)

As an elected officer of my Local, we have to be responsible for the good and welfare of 7,000 members. What happens to the over 1,200 YRCW members in our local that are either working or laid off will affect the local as a whole. While we are out there organizing to grow…. the loss of over 1,200 freight Teamsters will be felt for years to come.

There is not a day that goes by when a member along with his wife and children come by the local, or they call looking for work. Some have lost their homes, or are about to be foreclosed on. They have children with special needs and no insurance. In some cases we are able to get them some assistance through some agencies, but there is not enough to go around. Some cases we might find some work for them…. but that only happened at the beginning of this mess back 2 years ago.

There are no more jobs open for the others that are still working in this mess at YRCW.

If this is voted down, there will be no PLAN B…. there will be no army of labor agencies to come and rescue us all…the government will not help us…. we are on our own to determine our fates.

If we vote yes, then maybe they might just make it by 6/1/2011…if not, they cannot say the Teamster members never gave them a chance.

If we vote no, then we will see if they are lying to the employees and they will close the doors very soon and we can all go out and try to find us a new job paying $20 and hour, &. 50 cpm, paid vacations and as good as insurance we all have now.

Do we all go with the devil we all know (YRCW) and live to fight another day…..or do we go with the devil we do not know (Unemployment and looking for work) and wish we still worked at YRCW when the reality hits us?

Either way Brothers & Sisters…. that ballot will be staring you in the face by next Tuesday…please vote…. and mark it where it shows you to make your mark and do not write any crap on the ballot or it will be tossed out…. mark it yes….or mark it no…. but mark it and send it in ASAP...whatcha gonna do?……..KK
they are saying no plan b cause there is not one yet . vote no and you will see there will be a plan b. banks have to much invested. they want a plan that will work. thats all they care about. this is not the plan . but this being said. there is a agreement that all can live with. all the bank cares about is there dollars . if they get there dollars there happy. i never seen such coming from the union and company.so much fear spreading. i will take a stand and say there is a better agreement that all can live with.

whatever happens its not your fault!! zollars did this to us,bought roadway and holland.he had no business doing that!i believe he did it to break the union. yes i work for abf but he did it to US! GOOD LUCK BROTHERS!

KK, a year ago you posted the Locals would collapse due to the Pension if YRC failed. Is that still true? I'm posting assuming it is, but now you no longer mention it. Enlighten us, please. You're about the only one who really knows; you're the only one people trust (Well-Deserved-Due to your Honesty, and Honor-- Thank You for that!). That alone can swing the vote one way or the other. If not for the Pension, I'd vote no-- because of the Pension, I'll have to support the concession, or not vote?????

Jimmy G...if YRC folds the Locals will also be on the hook for the pension liability for those who worked and retired from the Locals as Agents, staff, etc...Some large freight locals will have to merger with other locals to survivie...BUT...that Local will also have to assume the pension liability for that Local too....that takes money out of the Locals hands for contract representation, ORGANIZING...etc.etc..YES, it would be devastating to say the least....that of course is what big business is hoping for.....KK

k.k. i have read many of your posts over the years and it is obvious your always leaning in the companies direction,that being said you have some valid points but the company is ramming it home to far this time.Its russian roulette time and im all in.
.....No brother...I do not leans towards the company's direction.....they can all go to hell as for as I am concern....it is the MEMBERS welfare that I am considering in this mess that the higher ups at Corporate have caused, and what is out there for the membersif this fails....which is nothing....KK

.....No brother...I do not leans towards the company's direction.....they can all go to hell as for as I am concern....it is the MEMBERS that I considering in this mess, and what is out there for them if this fails....which is nothing....KK
Vote Republican, I am for the first time. It seems that the union is more behind their members when a Republican is in office. Notice how YRC and the IBT wants to pass this vote before the elections take place. The union representation for the members has been BS for last 18 months.