Yellow | If I Was Voting Today, I Would......hmmmm

Kennesaw Kid

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
If I were driving the truck today at Yellow (I say that because I never worked for YRC) I would probably be leading the charge at my terminal saying hell no, and no way would I vote yes after giving up so much the first two times…. enough of this crap…let them shut it down.

They have disrespected the employees so much since the second giveback, with BS warning letters and blowing the money on those…. wasting money due to poor coordinating from CDO…. violating and violating, etc.etc. our NMFA so many times it has caused a great backlog of grievances to be heard.

**** poor management of the money that the employees have given back must stop before they get another dime! The customer base and shipments must grow in tremendous leaps and bounds to actually get us ALL out of this mess…. is that happening?

I would probably tell them to shove it up their tailpipes when they would not answer my questions after they held their scripted terminal meetings around the country that did nothing but cost them yes votes and insult the intelligence of the working men and women at the terminals.

BUT…(you knew I was working up to that, didn’t you?)

As an elected officer of my Local, we have to be responsible for the good and welfare of 7,000 members. What happens to the over 1,200 YRCW members in our local that are either working or laid off will affect the local as a whole. While we are out there organizing to grow…. the loss of over 1,200 freight Teamsters will be felt for years to come.

There is not a day that goes by when a member along with his wife and children come by the local, or they call looking for work. Some have lost their homes, or are about to be foreclosed on. They have children with special needs and no insurance. In some cases we are able to get them some assistance through some agencies, but there is not enough to go around. Some cases we might find some work for them…. but that only happened at the beginning of this mess back 2 years ago.

There are no more jobs open for the others that are still working in this mess at YRCW.

If this is voted down, there will be no PLAN B…. there will be no army of labor agencies to come and rescue us all…the government will not help us…. we are on our own to determine our fates.

If we vote yes, then maybe they might just make it by 6/1/2011…if not, they cannot say the Teamster members never gave them a chance.

If we vote no, then we will see if they are lying to the employees and they will close the doors very soon and we can all go out and try to find us a new job paying $20 and hour, &. 50 cpm, paid vacations and as good as insurance we all have now.

Do we all go with the devil we all know (YRCW) and live to fight another day…..or do we go with the devil we do not know (Unemployment and looking for work) and wish we still worked at YRCW when the reality hits us?

Either way Brothers & Sisters…. that ballot will be staring you in the face by next Tuesday…please vote…. and mark it where it shows you to make your mark and do not write any crap on the ballot or it will be tossed out…. mark it yes….or mark it no…. but mark it and send it in ASAP...whatcha gonna do?……..KK

In the last week,or so,people at our place are starting to look at it this way,KK.I know it is hard to accept,but the reality is,the banks are looking long-term here,and need something solid as far as a plan.This may not be perfect,but maybe also with Zollars out,and possibly a leader that people can respect,we may just pull through to get back what we have given up,and then some for our future,and retirements.Thanks.

I liked the top half KK, but not the bottom half.

Your post reminded me a few instances that we have had to deal with.
In the first concession agreement, the 25% rule was put in place to encourage "yes" votes.......and they advertised it as "this language will be what brings our Brothers back to work". However, they violated this agreement, and refused to even get us the numbers for the calculations. After dozens of grievances were filed, AND over a year had gone by, the grievances were finally heard and the employees won. The company paid out about $16,000 dollars in grievances, at my little terminal alone, to people that were sitting at home the whole time. I could just imagine what the numbers are at some of the larger terminals. The company had agreed to this 25% rule, and we warned them to stop violating it so the company wouldn't have to waste the money for the grievances, yet they didn't fix the problem, and they let the grievance bill get even higher. Was this our 15% being well spent? This is just an example of their stupidity and arrogance. And where was the Union to hold their feet to the fire? The contract states the grievances are to be heard in a timely manner. Over a year...timely? WTF?

And second of all, the subject of them trying to build the business to get people back to work.....
Building storage trailers every day with drivers sitting at home? Again, WTF? Their excuse for not bringing them is that the drivers won't answer their phone. Well hell no. Who would, only on Friday and Monday. Give them their recall letter and they would be available. If they are a 10%er they at least get work more often and get some bennies. So my point is they are not concerned about the customers, they are concerned about cutting cost only.

This company is not looking to advance forward, they are only worried about cutting cost. If they pushed the salesmen, brought the extra drivers in, made service to the customer, and moved the freight on time, the customers would be loyal to us, which improves revenue and helps justify the using of the "extra" drivers. That is being aggressive and looking forward. These clowns only are trying to do damage control, and that is looking backwards, not forward. Thus, my feelings that they have a bad business plan.

I don't like the way it is written up.Maybe if they reinstated the pensions and health care. 100% and freeze wages until 2013 No extension of contract ---- maybe. Evaluate they company every 6 months and a kick back clause.And listen to people who are doing the jobs as to were they are loosing MILLIONS on how they are running things.And also locals who [I know you are trying to protect your members] are trying to hog all the lanes were there are more efficient ways to run line hall lanes but are block by the locals and rely management because the want to run all the freight through them.I know one coordinator who said something about how Central dispatch was running the lanes he is now working in jockey control.They don't want to save money. I hear there is already changes turned in to the IBT.And also there are three investors wanting in,-- but are just sitting back and waiting to see what happens .Maybe they can come in at a cheap price depends on the vote.

I liked the top half KK, but not the bottom half.

Nobody likes the bottom half, but it's the truth; all we really have to deal with.

So my point is they are not concerned about the customers, they are concerned about cutting cost only.

This company is not looking to advance forward, they are only worried about cutting cost.

I'm no longer there-- you're probably 100% right-- but it's not the company calling the shots-- the Big Shots are being pressured by the Banks who haven't been paid to find ways to cut costs. I suspect the only reason YRC is still alive is the monstrous size of the Debt, the old equipment worth nothing, and the fact the Economy is so bad there's no reasonable assumption of selling anything/collecting off of it. Had it been a smaller amount-- like a Mortgage, or closed in Good Economic Times, they would have shut it down 2 years ago.....As long as the Government bailed them out, they have been content to sit on their losses, write them off their taxes, and hope for a better plan, since there is no Plan B. Eventually everything comes to an End, and it appears now is that time as far as the Banks are concerned. Bailout money has run out-- taxes go up Jan 1, a Government-Caused Depression appears to be looming (No one will hire because of the HealthCare Rules- Higher Taxes, and EPA Crap and Tax Rules coming). Accept it or stand in the Unemployment Line; no one is sitting with Aces up their sleeve, that I can see......

Luv ya KK BUT....
The 1st part is why I alway liked you as a Teamster.
Second is from a BA from a Business Point of view.
Took last week vac
Still voting no.

Kennesaw Kid
If we vote yes, then maybe they might just make it by 6/1/2011…if not, they cannot say the Teamster members never gave them a chance.

If we vote no, then we will see if they are lying to the employees and they will close the doors very soon and we can all go out and try to find us a new job paying $20 and hour, &. 50 cpm, paid vacations and as good as insurance we all have now.

copy the job losses kk. You, Tyson and Hoffa know what's at stake here. Take it or leave it..no if's and's or but's..overcome the gag reflex and eat it. The union's goal was always to protect jobs..the philosophical idea was 'there will be fewer jobs but better jobs' and took their lumps. But how low can you go bro? There are not many of us left. Hopefully the keester teamsters faction among us are in the minority.

it ain't a fear tactic..it's not a man thing..

it's about how thick is your
laughingskull.gif

Nobody likes the bottom half, but it's the truth; all we really have to deal with.

I'm no longer there-- you're probably 100% right-- but it's not the company calling the shots-- the Big Shots are being pressured by the Banks who haven't been paid to find ways to cut costs. I suspect the only reason YRC is still alive is the monstrous size of the Debt, the old equipment worth nothing, and the fact the Economy is so bad there's no reasonable assumption of selling anything/collecting off of it. Had it been a smaller amount-- like a Mortgage, or closed in Good Economic Times, they would have shut it down 2 years ago.....As long as the Government bailed them out, they have been content to sit on their losses, write them off their taxes, and hope for a better plan, since there is no Plan B. Eventually everything comes to an End, and it appears now is that time as far as the Banks are concerned. Bailout money has run out-- taxes go up Jan 1, a Government-Caused Depression appears to be looming (No one will hire because of the HealthCare Rules- Higher Taxes, and EPA Crap and Tax Rules coming). Accept it or stand in the Unemployment Line; no one is sitting with Aces up their sleeve, that I can see......

I have to agree Jimmy, you can get an 18.00 an hour job all day out here....but no health care and no pension. No set start times, nothing. Just another number.....vote wisely!

YRC did this to all of us by going to the Banks, hat in hand, to beg for a $2 Billion loan. All we are is dancers-- the Banks call the Tune, since it's their game. We dance, since we don't own our own songs....

What ever happens is going to happen before Jan 1. and the Obama taxes kick in. they must do whatever they are planing before then, just to save millions that the white house will steal millions in taxes.

KK, a year ago you posted the Locals would collapse due to the Pension if YRC failed. Is that still true? I'm posting assuming it is, but now you no longer mention it. Enlighten us, please. You're about the only one who really knows; you're the only one people trust (Well-Deserved-Due to your Honesty, and Honor-- Thank You for that!). That alone can swing the vote one way or the other. If not for the Pension, I'd vote no-- because of the Pension, I'll have to support the concession, or not vote?????

k.k. i have read many of your posts over the years and it is obvious your always leaning in the companies direction,that being said you have some valid points but the company is ramming it home to far this time.Its russian roulette time and im all in.

Obama care will take care of the week and unfortunate,some will have to pack up and move,others will find other professions .our leadership is showing its weakness and thats a big part of the problem.

KK I agree with you in MOST of your post, what point some people are missing is that The UNION hall as well as the IBT are also BUSINESSES of sort, So to some degree your interest is also with the survival of OUR union, so Both YRCW and the IBT have a common interest. With that being said let me tell you all..... there is no other company out there that has run for the past 22 months on TEAMSTER FUNDS (Our give backs are proof of this). Management just never got it, I gather u worked for YELLOW, not a bad company and neither was ROADWAY, problem was YRCW left a bunch of SOUR, IGNORANT and BITTER mngmt to run company to the ground, wetamsters throw them all bones to try to survive and no matter how much money you throw at them......they will **** it away. You know reading and looking at the posts on these boards gives anyone the Idea....Mismanagement still rules at YRC, and while I know of decent managers and subordinates the major cause of our demise is still at the TOP. VOTE what u will VOTE what u must, but VOTE regardless. BTW I have a new slogan for YRCW... 3 Strikes YOUR OUT! BALL GAME OVER......EVERYONE LOST! Nuff 4 Now!