SAIA | If SAIA is running at 103.6..Whats coming next

red-eye

TB Lurker
Credits
Any ideas on improving that number,or are we gonna be ok with the 5% pay cut.Maybe just a little more time?

One thing about management, they can count beans. The company will survive, and that number will come down, one way or the other.

If we can bring our claims down and if the local p+d guys try a little harder to del. everything on their daily run so the freight don't return to the dock where it has the potential to get damaged by further handling. That would be a good start.

If we can bring our claims down and if the local p+d guys try a little harder to del. everything on their daily run so the freight don't return to the dock where it has the potential to get damaged by further handling. That would be a good start.

Sounds like they need to get rid of some dock help if they are that bad at handling freight.

it's just the simple law of averages, the more freight gets handled the more likely it is going to get damaged. here is another example i know we all have run into. a driver delivers a skid that has mixed freight in cartons. 2 of the cartons are damaged, and the driver calls in an os+d. the driver fails to note the item numbers of the damaged freight on the delivery receipt. 1 carton is valued at lets say 20 bucks and the other is valued at 50. later the customer files a claim for 2 damaged cartons valued at 100.

there are many ways to cut claims and we drivers are the last line of defense for our carriers. sign for what you get and make sure you get what you signed for. i know we have herd that line before, but it's true. i better quit typing, im starting to sound like an office puke.

central dispatch is not helping matters it's like they do'nt know where the freight is or where to place you last friday i ran 308 miles hit two terminals oh that 308 miles all empty make you sit back and say wow there your 5% some people i guess don't care about bring more money home i do:smirk:

I ran 350 miles empty fri also, but that was it, and that was to get me to my home terminal. I will say this, I am not running empty very often--not nearly as much as a year ago.

I ran 350 miles empty fri also, but that was it, and that was to get me to my home terminal. I will say this, I am not running empty very often--not nearly as much as a year ago.

Often we run empty if the terminal we come from on a turn has little or outbound freight. This helps to keep equipment from piling up in low traffic lanes.

the bottom line is every terminal with every LTL needs to work as a team like their terminal is the only one on the planet.just based what i have read over the many threads on the many different company threads not many of us have reached that goal because of this event or that person or whatever.so , with that said all most of can do is the best that each one of us can and hope our repective team members do so as well.

well i can tell you this. when we are giving more work than is ever remotely possible to deliver and you tell the tm it isnt possible he says just handle it. there are only so many hours in a day. i leave my tm around 1030ish with 16 stops on a 250-300 mile route it dosnt work real well and i dont really like working 14 hours a day every day.

well i can tell you this. when we are giving more work than is ever remotely possible to deliver and you tell the tm it isnt possible he says just handle it. there are only so many hours in a day. i leave my tm around 1030ish with 16 stops on a 250-300 mile route it dosnt work real well and i dont really like working 14 hours a day every day.

this is clearly where part of the team just says "just do the best you can" and you silently answer to yourself what you wish you could say.i have gone to my manager and asked him about keeping the business we have and if we have to much to do and not enough time or people to do then others will take it from us very easily.after about the third talk i think it has stuck,but i think its temporary.like i said if we as a terminal team do not work together it becomes a mess and i know we all deal with that.

Cheap rate$ will do you in everytime.

$aia's $ale$ philosophy of freight @ any cost is catching up.
Hint: Bank$, Wall Street do not measure pound$ and $hipment$. Only profit, baby.
And the way your sales force is handing out di$counts, it won't get better any time $oon. Thi$ make$ $en$e (cents$)
to me.

10:30 gate time on a 300 mile pedle is the freight getting to you late? you should be out by 06:30 on such a long run. otherwise you will not be getting back to the barn untill after midninght.

damaged freight

I am at a customer i have got 1 skid of 50 boxes the bottom box is ripped and the freight is damaged, do you have time to dig that bottom box out of the skid, find 1 piece that is damaged get the part number and price of the part....? or do you just say 1 box damaged and run 20 mile to get to your next stop, and you have to be there in 10 minutes..?