TForce | If t force wants less miles and more freight

At my place they won't send trailers down the road because they are half full...so they send the road guys down the road with empties...
It's a numbers game. Empties don't count against load average.
I bet your managers also put a truckload shipment against the dock to add another bill on the back to make it a 2 biller for LTL for load average.

You will have no say on the matters.
We stuck our thumb in UPS's eye in 2013 and in 2018, to stop concessions, and we will do it again in 2023.
Most everyone i talk to all and run into at terminals has said the samething they are here for health care and pension if they try to stick it us they will move on especially with dictator style tyrant management the people of retirement age cant get out of here quick enough now as i have heard them say .None of you know the future the last thing this company is gonna want is their momentum stop as they move forward to gain more market share we hold the power dont be fulled and a atrike wont look good on stock price to the shareholders. .That attitude of bowing done and rolling over is sad grow a pair and be prepared to walk ,show solidarity,
Be prepared to walk get your finances in order build your rainy day fund up and for all i care these canadian commies can shut the doors when one falls the rest get stronger there will always be ltl work .

You won't have any say on the matter, so your opinion
I bet your managers also put a truckload shipment against the dock to add another bill on the back to make it a 2 biller for LTL for load average.
That ::shit:: is just crazy. When you manage by spreadsheet, you aren't managing at all.

You won't have any say on the matter, so your opinion

That **** is just crazy. When you manage by spreadsheet, you aren't managing at all.
That's all they know.
The Company is actually 4 Companies working against each other.

The Inbound Co., get it out, get it in the city truck. I don't care how you get it off.

The Dispatch Co., Just get it on the street, worry later. Or I go home at 4:30, someone else can worry
The Outbound Co., Whatta ya' mean you don't have room! Just unload the sh$t, don't dock it load it! We don't have time for headloads! Make it fit!

The Linehaul Co., Why did it take you 26 minutes to drop and hook? You need to make your cut time! So and so does it faster. I need that trailer! The camera got you doing 57 in a 55-mph zone, we need to talk.

4 different operations working on their own set of numbers. Working singularly instead of a team with a common goal.
The whole system needs an overhaul. The UPS mentality is deeply ingrained and shows no sign of changing.

IMHO of course...

Yeah I understand that! But when a trailer sits for 2 or 3 days cuz it sucks for load average...at what point do you service the customer!...

Bedard does not get the O.R. to 80 without reducing costs. Union folk will see similar increases in healthcare costs that their non union brothers took at the start of 2022. TFI Int'l has 16,500 employees, UPS has 400,000 employees. TFI' Intl buying power for healthcare is much weaker than that of UPS and their profit margin is about 1/4 that of Big Brown. You'll need to be a tad more realistic in your expectations of zero concessions. That won't happen.
If they take health care and pension...what's going to keep people here??? Because management is nice!

That would be great but dangerous. With some of these big accounts you have to take the good with the bad….
Thats where drop and hook comes into play.

Went into Walmart near I think Waco Texas at the DC there. Roll past dozens around the place waiting on a dock. Drop load, hook another trailer and gone in 20 minutes.

Did they all ever trashtalk me on that radio hooting and hollar. But it was delivered on the books and paid in 20 minutes done. None of that half day waiting to pay yourself to unload it while trapped in a 10 foot by 9 foot designated waiting area with your 50 drivers.

They can get the trailer themselves if they want that Coffee on the shelf tomorrow.

There was a time before the early 80's where appointment freight didn't exist. It came in and it was delivered.
A way to discourage receivers from requiring appointments is to place a 20% or more surcharge on appointment freight.
Thats right. You were told to show up sunrise Monday. Or when the moon was out you had to be somewhere at the dock. It will be a while but you knew it going in. Not a problem.

The appointment BS started infecting my trucking work roughly about late 90's 1998 and after in particular. Most people cannot get to the doctors across town in 10 minutes to the good and here I am racing in a 62 mph truck of all things casterated to get somewhere within 10 minutes anywhere in USA and Canada in any weather, any terrain, and ANY social economic disruption. None of that matters. Just be at the gaurdshack delivering onto their property within 10 minutes.

With a load of coffee pots made in Asia? F That. I need something bigger to motivate me to do that ::shit::. Ah... Blood Plasma... and delicate drug formulations that expire in a day or two... now we do some trucking. Thank god. Thats what motivates me. Really needful loads. Not that coffee pot ::shit::.

There was a time before the early 80's where appointment freight didn't exist. It came in and it was delivered.
A way to discourage receivers from requiring appointments is to place a 20% or more surcharge on appointment freight.
that would be the notification surcharge along with the residential charge if going to a resi address. Standard residential charge is now over $100.00 but it is always negotiated down in the $20 dollar range by 3PLS and national accounts which does not cover the actual costs incurred.

that would be the notification surcharge along with the residential charge if going to a resi address. Standard residential charge is now over $100.00 but it is always negotiated down in the $20 dollar range by 3PLS and national accounts which does not cover the actual costs incurred.
With so many broker pick ups, they always fail to mark any necessary accessorial charges.
Unless the dispatch or driver knows the place already, then you get there and it requires 3 charges, residence, liftgate, appointment. Which is then up to the driver to mark on the D.R. and then for whomever to bill the broker, who won't pay it, then you go after the shipper or consignee, it is a tangled web, that begins a vicious cycle that continues day after day.
It is better to just not do any appointments, you ordered the stuff, then watch for it. We all get notifications from businesses we buy stuff from when they are shipping the stuff, expect that it's coming.

The biggest charge I ever broke off a broker was a landfilled load of rotten cucumbers mini to be turned into pickles at Mt Olives Factory in Minnesota.

Scales told them to make a check for 1240 dollars to the Landfill directly. Once that was done it was time to learn how to get a 18 wheeler highway rig up a 50 degree slope to the top. We actually found her tipping limits in two places coming and going. She came off her inside wheels but a little skip on power settled her down thank god.

Ive eaten Mt Olive Pickles to this day.

If this is the goal, the company is going to stop serving rural points.
There will be layoffs for sure, and less freight in the more spread out terminals.
I suspect a few regular p&d runs to be eliminated at the very least in every service center in the southwest, the mountain west and the rural south.
They may just blanket state that they will only go such and such a radius from a terminal.
At that point the brokers which is at least 30 % of the P&d will not use tforce for these pu and delivery locations.
It is what it is.
Just looked at some of the postings. Questions or thought process. Do/or does , hence forth T Force ,charge for Appt freight calls ? I can remember my dispatcher faced with making 50 calls and trying logically to fit into a PUD run. Crazy sh**. Does TForce charge for sort and seg at grocery warehouses ? We gave away time , money and productivity. Doesn't seem to make sense to me if all of this is still an issue and it all goes back to sales and the pricing department. Use to know a sales person who went to the customers that were an easy sale but just happened to be the farthest point that we served. Never mind the fifty customers we passed on the way there. Sorry, I am on a tangent. So far T Force and I agree. Scary as that may seem.

A good trucking company has two thoughts.

"Loaded and rolling" enough to get anyone juices moving towards a good payday.

Or...

"What in sam hill is going on up there?" which is not conductive to a good day.

All you need to do is stand near the main dispatch room and listen a few minutes. Judge for yourself if the noises emanating from there is cooing and contentment or rage and bombastic anger.

Just looked at some of the postings. Questions or thought process. Do/or does , hence forth T Force ,charge for Appt freight calls ? I can remember my dispatcher faced with making 50 calls and trying logically to fit into a PUD run. Crazy sh**. Does TForce charge for sort and seg at grocery warehouses ? We gave away time , money and productivity. Doesn't seem to make sense to me if all of this is still an issue and it all goes back to sales and the pricing department. Use to know a sales person who went to the customers that were an easy sale but just happened to be the farthest point that we served. Never mind the fifty customers we passed on the way there. Sorry, I am on a tangent. So far T Force and I agree. Scary as that may seem.
Trucking companies have had to adapt to the deregulated environment BUT sales have not changed in 40 years. Sales people still focus on big shippers. Delivery is just a necessary evil that must be tolerated to make pickups. The reality is that the vast majority of freight is shipped collect. Receivers control who delivers their shipments. The P&D driver who has a good relationship with the people at the receiving dock is the best salesperson. In the early 80's, I took a peddle run. Within 6 months, I was not making pickups because I had more than a trailer load of deliveries every day. It's not hard to get a customer to route all the inbound on one truck. Machine shops, industrial supply companies, the smaller companies like having one truck at the same time every day and a driver they know.

That's all they know.
The Company is actually 4 Companies working against each other.

The Inbound Co., get it out, get it in the city truck. I don't care how you get it off.

The Dispatch Co., Just get it on the street, worry later. Or I go home at 4:30, someone else can worry
The Outbound Co., Whatta ya' mean you don't have room! Just unload the sh$t, don't dock it load it! We don't have time for headloads! Make it fit!

The Linehaul Co., Why did it take you 26 minutes to drop and hook? You need to make your cut time! So and so does it faster. I need that trailer! The camera got you doing 57 in a 55-mph zone, we need to talk.

4 different operations working on their own set of numbers. Working singularly instead of a team with a common goal.
The whole system needs an overhaul. The UPS mentality is deeply ingrained and shows no sign of changing.

IMHO of course...
That is exactly how it is. i have worked for all 4 companies. Inbound and outbound are the most competitive. Back and forth finger pointing.

Trucking companies have had to adapt to the deregulated environment BUT sales have not changed in 40 years. Sales people still focus on big shippers. Delivery is just a necessary evil that must be tolerated to make pickups. The reality is that the vast majority of freight is shipped collect. Receivers control who delivers their shipments. The P&D driver who has a good relationship with the people at the receiving dock is the best salesperson. In the early 80's, I took a peddle run. Within 6 months, I was not making pickups because I had more than a trailer load of deliveries every day. It's not hard to get a customer to route all the inbound on one truck. Machine shops, industrial supply companies, the smaller companies like having one truck at the same time every day and a driver they know.
I had a friend who ran a peddle run, he had a line of BS a mile long, also got more freight than any of their salesman.

Bedard does not get the O.R. to 80 without reducing costs. Union folk will see similar increases in healthcare costs that their non union brothers took at the start of 2022. TFI Int'l has 16,500 employees, UPS has 400,000 employees. TFI' Intl buying power for healthcare is much weaker than that of UPS and their profit margin is about 1/4 that of Big Brown. You'll need to be a tad more realistic in your expectations of zero concessions. That won't happen.
Being under teamcare has us in the same pool of employees as ups, abf and yellow and a bunch of other companies, so the pool that teamcare uses to buy it's insurance from is actually larger than just ups. So your analogy isn't accurate at all, in fact, being in teamcare is better for tforce, being that they are a Canadian company and have little experience in the USA healthcare market and the Canada has universal healthcare.