TForce | If t force wants less miles and more freight

US Health Care is simple.

Your owie hurt?

OWWWWW. Ok fine.

Xray, CT, MRI, Nuclear Scanning, Lab tests with a gallon of your blood, covid tests and then throw in a bunch of monitoring and a stack of nursing, CNA's and other advocates, priest and cooks and so on attending to you in a 10,000 dollar a night monitored bed.

Kick you loose in the morning with billing from all of that to come later.

You sure that owie is broken?

Your looking at this the wrong way. As if tforce will actually change the way they do things. No improvement has been made in the last 25 years that I have seen. This is what will come down the pipe.
During a pcm the dispature will tell the drivers to put 1 mile increments in their diads. Starting odometer 000200, then next stop no matter how far, 000201, next stop 000202, and so on. When returning to the terminal 000205.
There you go a driver does less miles per stop, less miles all together.
You guys actually thought there would be change. ha

Bedard does not get the O.R. to 80 without reducing costs. Union folk will see similar increases in healthcare costs that their non union brothers took at the start of 2022. TFI Int'l has 16,500 employees, UPS has 400,000 employees. TFI' Intl buying power for healthcare is much weaker than that of UPS and their profit margin is about 1/4 that of Big Brown. You'll need to be a tad more realistic in your expectations of zero concessions. That won't happen.
You better buckle up. I for one will vote no on any contract that doesn’t keep the pension. And it is my feeling that the new union leadership at the very top is inclined to strike if TFI doesn’t come through.

You don't work for t force, obviously.
Our healthcare is administered by teamcare. The pool of employees is greater than the current 10000+ union employees of t force.
We will be taking zero concessions, zero.
We never took one with UPS and we won't take one with t force.
TFI needs to deliver or we will likely strike in my opinion. If they want to shut the doors fine! This isn’t the only trucking company that needs drivers.

We had an opportunity to strike on the 2018 contract. We ran our mouths and put our foot down. The 1st vote was like 70/30 NO vote. UPS shrugged and we started to close our doors. Emptied the system of all freight. No work left on Friday. We got a last/best/final offer and what did we do? We crapped our pants and rolled over!

The vote was a complete flip. 70/30 YES vote on essentially the same contract. Took weeks to get back up to speed, and we never did fully recover. Even to this date.

People run their mouths until they realize they don't have income anymore. A majority of us live paycheck to paycheck. House, 2 cars, boat, motorcycles, kids, their after school activities and so on and on. Most of us start begging for work on a winter slow down.

No one is going to strike.

We had an opportunity to strike on the 2018 contract. We ran our mouths and put our foot down. The 1st vote was like 70/30 NO vote. UPS shrugged and we started to close our doors. Emptied the system of all freight. No work left on Friday. We got a last/best/final offer and what did we do? We crapped our pants and rolled over!

The vote was a complete flip. 70/30 YES vote on essentially the same contract. Took weeks to get back up to speed, and we never did fully recover. Even to this date.

People run their mouths until they realize they don't have income anymore. A majority of us live paycheck to paycheck. House, 2 cars, boat, motorcycles, kids, their after school activities and so on and on. Most of us start begging for work on a winter slow down.

You dont know the future its a different ball game now ,now 44% before dust in the wind

I should rephrase that. We had the opportunity to stand our ground. Including authorizing a strike vote.

We rolled over.....

The CEO of trans force int, is sharp. He knows exactly what he is saying and doing.
Did anyone actually read what he said?
The 10 points off the o.r. came from cutting bad freight and ups sweetheart contracts, and ups ********.
This year they will be cutting waste, and anyone who is honest knows there is a lot of waste at this company.
The word is, that they are doing away with trap trailers, which is another cost saving measure.
Everytime you hold freight it means waste and more chance of damage. Everytime you move a pallet it cost money in labor.
Appointments freight is being eliminated.
:poke:
Hello bother!
All companies want that!
We are smarter than them!
We want more money and less work!
If not, assume the consequences.
:kicking:

I should rephrase that. We had the opportunity to stand our ground. Including authorizing a strike vote.

We rolled over.....
Ups would have closed the operation. That is obvious with the fire sale to trans force.
Ups can't be bothered with a competitive market like ltl, they failed at ltl, plain and simple. The ups way can't succeed in the ltl market.
Glad they sold the company, they where un realistic and couldn't make it work in 15 years, because there business model sucked.

Ups would have closed the operation. That is obvious with the fire sale to trans force.
Ups can't be bothered with a competitive market like ltl, they failed at ltl, plain and simple. The ups way can't succeed in the ltl market.
Glad they sold the company, they where un realistic and couldn't make it work in 15 years, because there business model sucked.
IMHO, UPS only wanted an LTL operation so they could provide "one stop shopping" so to speak for certain of their customers. They never really intended to be competitive in the LTL market and finally realized it was more trouble than it was worth.

We rolled over.....
With the number of senior drivers who are worried about their pension and that are retiring it seems more likely that the younger guys will entertain the idea of a strike. The senior drivers had everything they could want in 2018 so they were unwilling to strike. That’s not going to be the same in the next contract with the younger drivers not getting the same retirement deal that the senior guys got. Drivers might live paycheck to paycheck, but there are always driving jobs to be had. If you’re worried about not being able to find another trucking job if you lose your income through a strike, then you’re not thinking this through.

IMHO, UPS only wanted an LTL operation so they could provide "one stop shopping" so to speak for certain of their customers. They never really intended to be competitive in the LTL market and finally realized it was more trouble than it was worth.
So true. They thought the Industry would roll over and conform to them. The great BIG Brown is here to save us from the savages we have been dealing with. It didn't and they couldn't/wouldn't change their business model to fit the Industry. Their bloated management got in the way of results. Sadly, I have seen little change to that in the last 10 months

With the number of senior drivers who are worried about their pension and that are retiring it seems more likely that the younger guys will entertain the idea of a strike. The senior drivers had everything they could want in 2018 so they were unwilling to strike. That’s not going to be the same in the next contract with the younger drivers not getting the same retirement deal that the senior guys got. Drivers might live paycheck to paycheck, but there are always driving jobs to be had. If you’re worried about not being able to find another trucking job if you lose your income through a strike, then you’re not thinking this through.
You have been beating the strike drum since 2013, you and your buddy jalco( or whatever his screen name is), come here every time the contract comes up, and then disappear.
There is no market for draconian cuts.
As far as the pension goes, tforce can eliminate it at any time if they wish, with a buyout.
Sure we could vote to strike over it, but when everyone sees the $$$ they would get up front. I suspect the vast majority would take the money. A person with 10 years would get well over 100k. A person with 5 years would get 50k.

You have been beating the strike drum since 2013, you and your buddy jalco( or whatever his screen name is), come here every time the contract comes up, and then disappear.
There is no market for draconian cuts.
As far as the pension goes, tforce can eliminate it at any time if they wish, with a buyout.
Sure we could vote to strike over it, but when everyone sees the $$$ they would get up front. I suspect the vast majority would take the money. A person with 10 years would get well over 100k. A person with 5 years would get 50k.
Is this a company pension plan or a Teamsters fund?

You better buckle up. I for one will vote no on any contract that doesn’t keep the pension. And it is my feeling that the new union leadership at the very top is inclined to strike if TFI doesn’t come through.
I'm non union and wife is taking new job in new city so I will be quitting my job soon and leaving this sh!t show very soon. i'd say there's a 90% chance of a strike coming. The drivers will all find jobs , not all with union carriers of course. The non union employees won't be so lucky but not a bad time to get out of LTL.

I'm non union and wife is taking new job in new city so I will be quitting my job soon and leaving this sh!t show very soon. i'd say there's a 90% chance of a strike coming. The drivers will all find jobs , not all with union carriers of course. The non union employees won't be so lucky but not a bad time to get out of LTL.
If TFI wants to play, they are going to have to pay. Aside from our superior benefit package the pay is NOT the highest in the Industry like they were for a while.
The lack of people willing to live the LTL lifestyle is very real. Who would have thought most Carriers start at FULL rate or slightly less, pay big sign on bonuses, etc. To be the best you have to act like the best, pay the best, treat the people the best, and pick up and deliver like the best. Everything will fall in place if that is done. The drivers and front-line personnel is NOT the problem here. The problems lie in management, nowhere else. When you have 5 drivers on the street and 4 people in the office you have a serious problem, and therein lies the problem. The "who did it" mentality, not "why did it happen", is toxic. Management needs to be held accountable for their poor performance just like the labor force. When a driver is being beat up for "taking too long", while 4 people sit in the office watching you-tube, playing cards, trading stocks, and whatever, it is a poison environment. Money is money, no matter where it comes from. :soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::cuss::hyper::smilies 19296: