Yellow | If this concession passes??

Supermac

TB Regular
Credits
Guys we need to wake up and smell the coffee. If this concession passes we may as well be a union dues paying member with non union carrier benefits. I know this "purchased transportation" is a big problem but you know how YRC takes TOTAL ADVANTAGE of these situations. There is too much grey area and no specifics on this, and while the Teamsters are laid off there will be nons runing the freight and or up to other ltl carriers. This will probably be a bonus in Mr. Welchs pocket if this passes , as I commonly see that slogan on my warning letter "and or up to up to". VOTE NO!!! Let the bank take a concession not on our backs again. Be Safe everyone and enjoy the upcoming holidays!

IMHO I think it will get shot down solely on the O/T issue.

If they would just do a flat extension till 2019, as is, i believe it would pass.

Yea, and I thought the concession where we gave our pension away wouldnt fly.. This like all the rest will pass, hell we gave up the holy grail what makes you think o.t. is gonna factor into this,, and even if it dosent what makes you think Jumpin Jimmy wont makes us vote until we get it right??

This weeek is the perfect example'''' work 13 hours day working only 39 hours not getting credit for 1 minute of overtime... Great for the company... Why work that hard, with no benefits to you or your family!!!

This weeek is the perfect example'''' work 13 hours day working only 39 hours not getting credit for 1 minute of overtime... Great for the company... Why work that hard, with no benefits to you or your family!!!

They did the SAME EXACT thing where I work. 13 hours a day 3 days.......think how much we would have lost. VOTE NO.

Or how about when you break your vacation into days. Say you used 1 or2 days in any given week and because they don't pay H&W and pension contributions on days used from your vacation,that would mean you wouldn't get your 40 hours of contribution for that week if the 24 hours worked gets you 40 hours of contributions that is currently in the contract is abolished. I think if this passes your going to see a lot of people working three days a week and then getting laid off so they can avoid the O.T. And paying the 40 hours of contributions which means if you don't make your H&W's plan minimum hours of contribution,then you will no longer be eligible for health benefits. Just something to think about when it's your time to vote.

they did the same exact thing where i work. 13 hours a day 3 days.......think how much we would have lost. Vote no.

under the company porposal you would've not received any overtime or health & welfare for that week..........................how could anyone consider this for even 1 second........make them find another way

Guys we need to wake up and smell the coffee. If this concession passes we may as well be a union dues paying member with non union carrier benefits. I know this "purchased transportation" is a big problem but you know how YRC takes TOTAL ADVANTAGE of these situations. There is too much grey area and no specifics on this, and while the Teamsters are laid off there will be nons runing the freight and or up to other ltl carriers. This will probably be a bonus in Mr. Welchs pocket if this passes , as I commonly see that slogan on my warning letter "and or up to up to". VOTE NO!!! Let the bank take a concession not on our backs again. Be Safe everyone and enjoy the upcoming holidays!
This is basically a flip flop on how it use to be. Non-union companies use to raise pay to compete with Unions for employees...now Union companies are trying to do what nons are doing to stay competitive for customers. It's inevitable when you have a crap economy for so long with high unemployment.

Look at all the purchase trans used by New Penn...why are they getting so much freight that goes out of their network? Shouldn't it be on YRC trucks? Makes you wonder what the sales people are telling customers. pic up freight with a regional, put it on purchase trans to run cross country, then deliver it with whomever...they're already bypassing YRC jobs doing that

under the company porposal you would've not received any overtime or health & welfare for that week..........................how could anyone consider this for even 1 second........make them find another way

You would only receive 24 hours for that week because their only required to pay on the first 8. In most plans you need to maintain 150 hours per month to maintain yor coverage and that ain't going to cut it. Of course there's always Obama care if you need it!

If what we are hearing is true about this health & welfare, everybody that is seeing the severity of this issue should be educating the yes voters at your barn! This would be very costly, constantly receiving cobra letters.

The no O.T. and the full week for full bennies goes hand in hand. It is a recipe to screw half the dock board at all barns. Layoff half the guys work them three days Sat. Sun. and Mon., no full bennies and no O.T. Remember when two punches got a whole weeks bennies? Now it's three, and they want it to be five!! They are incrementally dialing us back decades. Also, purchase transport will do the same for drivers.

without struggle there is no progress...YRC is trying its best to break the union since we're all in one pot. Just like any terrorist thinking---- you detonate an explosion when you amass large groups people in one concentrated area for maximum effect of casualties. This YRC plan is a terrorist attack again organized labor and a insult to the Teamsters IMOP

I think we need to see just what the proposal is, as of now it's only speculation that is in it.

Just think, we have 7 more days until Dec. 6th to speculate, rip the company, the union, fellow employees, Welch, the banks, on what may or may not be in this proposal.

I have no dog in this fight because I just recently joined this forum to get a better look into the ltl side of trucking and I must say this whole site has been interesting reading. The list of give backs and changes in work rules, not only at YRC but other ltl carriers, also makes my head swim. You guys for the most part seem just like me, you just want to have a job where you get paid what you are worth and not get screwed with every time you turn around. You want the freight your company has to be put on and delivered by your trucks and your drivers and if you are a full time employee you want a full time job with full time benefits, not 39 hours. I wish you all the best of luck in your upcoming vote.

Just think, we have 7 more days until Dec. 6th to speculate, rip the company, the union, fellow employees, Welch, the banks, on what may or may not be in this proposal.

I will rip welch and yellow long after the 6th of december. I'm in no rush.

Long days - no OT

Exactly papajohn ! Just this week for instance we were all working 12-13 hr. days for 3 days. With OT after 8 and holiday pay, it will still be a decent check. If we didn't get OT after 8, it would have cost me over $110. in OT just this week . We get 8 paid holidays, so we would make close to $1000./yr less than we do currently and be working looong days every holiday week . If that aint a financial concession I don't know what is ! All of YRC proposed concessions add up to more lost income for us grunts, while upper mgmt. will continue to get their bonuses for a job not well done.

our local always see thing from a yrc perspective anyway, what is to stop them from working me 4-10s and than saying' "stay home."
if there is an overt or covert way to cheat, lie, skirt, or barely comply, the company already has it mastered. even when dishonesty is proven, only union employees are required to be honest. without lies there would be no numbers to report locally or nationally.