Yellow | If you vote yes?

ryc2332

TB Lurker
Credits
The cdl people will never get that raise, they will be back crying for more before that time comes. The non cdl people will be slowly weeded out and filled by a capped $16hr employee, you will be gone anyway. During the slow winter months they will get you. Way too many gray area's in the work rules.
They will never stop until we all say NO! Do you really want to roll those dice? Can't you see what is going on here?
This should be a landslide no vote.

The cdl people will never get that raise, they will be back crying for more before that time comes. The non cdl people will be slowly weeded out and filled by a capped $16hr employee, you will be gone anyway. During the slow winter months they will get you. Way too many gray area's in the work rules.
They will never stop until we all say NO! Do you really want to roll those dice? Can't you see what is going on here?

But it won't be, because people nowadays are afraid to stand their ground. Is it unfair that we ask for this to be negotiated and not just threatening tactics?

In all life situations, I have always tried to see the other side and what the thinking was for them. Put yourself in thier shoes.
Let's do some basic math together. Maybe my calc don't work right or I punch in the wrong number, so feel free to correct any mistakes.
I'll use even numbers so it won't confuse others or myself.
Capped employee 16, us 21 so let's just use 5. We'll just use an 8hr day and 40hr work week
5x8=40 $40 a day savings per employee. 40x5=$200 a week. Am I going too fast?
200x52=10400. $10400 per employee. Everything ok so far?
Now lets just take half of 26000 employees...13000 and x that by $10400=135,200,000
I might be able to live off that for a year or so.
Vote No

Now if I were yrc, I'd take you to the cleaner also.
If I were a football coach,( was) I'd run the same play over and over until you proved to me you can stop it.
Think like a criminal to stop a criminal.

The dice that I would prefer not to roll are is the one that there isn't time to refinance and the doors will close. That's the result that will cost me the most. I think the term is called minimizing your maximum loss - and given that there is no guarantee of more concessions, I don't have to worry about layoff, and I think the new absenteeism rules are a good thing this is the best economic decision I can make.

What I can see is going on is that there is a company who wants to maximize their returns, employees who want to minimize their losses, and a bunch of people who think they understand corporate finance attempting to tell the future. We're voting on this specific proposal. Not any future ones, and not any that have already past. Look at the costs to you of this one. The CDL and the non-CDL people are each intelligent enough to figure out the numbers for themselves. Since we're all employees of YRC - and not IBT - we have to vote based on our future at this company.

Adjusting for turnout, people who are now ineligible to vote, and the number of senior people who are too invested I'd imagine this will pass.

If you vote yes, you be lowing your self back to be leaving the same BS old Billy boy feed you.You see how that came out , him wining and dining while you eat bologna sandwiches. You'll be lowering the whole industry for everything everybody fought for all these years.

images.jpg

We don't even know if the banks will approve this. What if everyone votes yes just to hear, oh the banks turned us down but we found another way. Then you are stuck with this agreement.
Shouldn't there be a confirmation from the banks that if we do this they will accept it? I am very skeptical that anything this company does is honest. Just saying!

I voted no the first 2 times , then I resigned last year after 14 years at YRC # 1 man at 327 .
There is life after this f.... Ed up company . Vote no , but I know it will pass good luck brothers.