Guest viewing is limited
  • Truckingboards is a MEMBERS ONLY Private Forum that first got it's start in 1999, Membership is 100% Free, We have Over 40k Members and approaching 2 million posts that date back to the early 2000's.Registration is easy and fast. We specialize in LTL trucking. Get off those Facebook Groups and come to a place where your identity will be unknown unless you tell someone. Truckingboards has a mobile app that works for Android you can install from your mobile browser. Sorry Apple Users, I know nothing about them.

Click Here

For instructions on how to install the mobile app.

Im Done With the Salvation Army

Bubba74

I live Here
Premium

The Salvation Army wants its white donors to give it more than just money this Christmas season. Its leadership is also demanding they apologize for being ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ.

It’s part of a push by the Christian charitable organization to embrace the ideas of Black Lives Matter, an activist group working to, among other things, “dismantle white privilege” and “disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure.”

Every time I saw the bucket, I would put something in it
now
never again

1984Sideways

On a final dispatch, do not get anymore tomorrows.
It takes me a while to get around to something. USUALLY. IF at all.

Thats one donation we never did do. We have on the other hand engaged in certain behaviors designed to keep a family with children warm in wood in a number of winter seasons gone by. The poverty displayed with the Children would have done some damage to them growing up. However we managed to see them through some really bad winters with that firewood off our lands. They are probably adults now and I sure hope that they are keeping warm this early in chain season.

vetran peddleman

FOR ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY

now
never again
Wow! Ain’t that something.

I’ve resisted giving to these bell ringers every holiday season. And last week they began their annual
stake out at the entrances to my favorite grocery store. I just don’t like them trying to make me feel guilty so that I’ll pay up for the less fortunate, although I should, my bad. Then I gave in just yesterday and put a few bucks in their pot.

But learning that the Salvation Army has ties with a radical hate mob, they’ll NEVER get another red cent from me.

very disheartening and discouraging that a good cause can be hijacked by these Reverse racists.

Northern Flash

Let's go Brandon!
Premium

now
never again
Same here. I see the "red kettle" all over the place. I won't just walk past, but I'll also throw in some one liners to those attending the red kettle as to why they're a joke and I'm done giving to them.
We'll see how their donation numbers look when it's just black people donating. Eff em.

Northern Flash

Let's go Brandon!
Premium
Companies and charitable organizations must be really stupid and fail to think their wokeness through. They can hate on old whitey all they want, but the fact is that old whitey is the group that (used to) donate the most.
Not a single penny will be coming from me going forward.

joe bucker

No participation trophies here
My dad despised the Red Cross my whole life finally I asked him why.
He said they charged the guys for cigarettes in WWII, now that man could hold a grudge.
The cigaretes were free also, they were donated by the tobacco company, my old man said that it was printed on the box. My dad would give the Red Cross a big F.U. because of that also.

This is the same article, but by a true leftie rag.

SMOKESTACK

-------------
Administrator
Premium
Some time back I had $8 or more in change from the unused ashtray in my car so I figured I'll toss it in the red bucket . I throw it in and the bell ringer looks at me and says ''That's it ?" so yep that was it , never again , Smokestack keeps walking and I make direct eye contact with them till this day , they don't ask .

Northern Flash

Let's go Brandon!
Premium
I'd ask the idiots running the Salvation Army for some examples of defined racism but they'd go on and on yapping with their bumper sticker slogans and platitudes that promote the false idea that we're a ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ nation, all while failing to give us any examples.

Everyone knows that racism is taboo and nobody supports it regardless of the colors involved, so why don't they cut the crap and stop the racebaiting since there are virtually no examples that they can tell us about.

330 million people and very few racial discrimination cases, I'd call that pretty impressive.

DCM_Doc

I gave my last donation to the Salvation Army last year. The memo that started this policy came out in April. A former official has condemned this WOKE movement.

DCM_Doc

My dad despised the Red Cross my whole life finally I asked him why.
He said they charged the guys for cigarettes in WWII, now that man could hold a grudge.
I have donated blood to the Red Cross for many years. They ceased collecting blood in this part of the state a few years back. The organization that took over collecting blood donations has pledged to keep donated blood here as long as there is a demand for it. My donations for the last few years were sent to Texas. I like the promise to keep blood here. I believe in taking of local needs first.

joe bucker

No participation trophies here
I have donated blood to the Red Cross for many years. They ceased collecting blood in this part of the state a few years back. The organization that took over collecting blood donations has pledged to keep donated blood here as long as there is a demand for it. My donations for the last few years were sent to Texas. I like the promise to keep blood here. I believe in taking of local needs first.
Thanks for the blood, our wet backs here in Tx. need it. Got to fix up the gang bangers. :lmao:

DCM_Doc

Thanks for the blood, our wet backs here in Tx. need it. Got to fix up the gang bangers. :lmao:
My blood is usually given to infants. I had to drive over two hours to donate to the Red Cross after they pulled out of the central & South parts of the state. They always send an email telling which city & hospital they sent it to. I finally got Arkansas Blood Institute to test it for being CMV negative after I donated to them several times. I am now reasonably certain it goes to Children's Hospital.
I had no way to know before if it was given to gang members. A few years back there was a gang fight in a night club. Over fifty, (yes 50), gang members were shot & all survived thanks to blood donors in several states. The sudden demand depleted the local blood supply & blood was flown in from several surrounding states. I would wager that not one of the gang bangers or their family members came back & donated blood. Ingratitude is common for these types.
I have no sympathy for injured gang members. It is a shame good blood that could save other lives is given to these low lifes.

1984Sideways

Ive got a few cross cards laying around a gallon here or there.

I have not donated in a very long time because of their changes to the system. Its not what I would consider a formal RC donation situation that I am used to.

In any event Ive begun considering taking a pint out prior to surgery and they can use that within the window. What with the changes in the blood system its a good way to take care of problems before they get to be a problem.

1984Sideways

My blood is usually given to infants. I had to drive over two hours to donate to the Red Cross after they pulled out of the central & South parts of the state. They always send an email telling which city & hospital they sent it to. I finally got Arkansas Blood Institute to test it for being CMV negative after I donated to them several times. I am now reasonably certain it goes to Children's Hospital.
I had no way to know before if it was given to gang members. A few years back there was a gang fight in a night club. Over fifty, (yes 50), gang members were shot & all survived thanks to blood donors in several states. The sudden demand depleted the local blood supply & blood was flown in from several surrounding states. I would wager that not one of the gang bangers or their family members came back & donated blood. Ingratitude is common for these types.
I have no sympathy for injured gang members. It is a shame good blood that could save other lives is given to these low lifes.
That was one of the situations that changed my attitudes towards the donating. I dont mind the materials going to help someone in need, but the gang bangers are outside of my ability to have compassion etc. They chose that lifestyle and thus should live or die by it. Be damned if I keep them alive so to speak for them to shoot up someone who might otherwise have not been taken out later.