ODFL | Im in!......I hope

DirtyRice

TB Lurker
Credits
Just got the call from the tm PHL terminal and he said he wants me to start, but he also said aslong as the background check comes back the same as what i put on my application.

Sounds good, there just making sure you didnt "forget" to put down a crime you commited. You should hear soon

yeah naw he said when can i start so i told him i gotta give my job 2 weeks notice, so we agreed on the 26th friday woooooowhooooooooooooooo! cant wait to get this 4 weeks training over!

Fridays a good day to start, Friday starts the pay week. We get paid Fri-Thurs. 4 weeks in city training shouldn't be bad, especially if your trainer is nice, you will probably spend most of the day laughing and joking. Congrats....and welcome

yeah he told me that so i can get my full pay, and i think its the same guy doin the training that did my road test, at first he was an ass but after 10 minutes we were cool.

No biggie, buy yourself a thomas guide and learn how to use it. The guy who plans your freight will usualy set up the first few bills to be in the same area... after that you can figure out how you want to run it. Hell my first day with OD was my first day IN Phoenix.. you'll do fine.. just take your time.

When I started I REALLY did think to myself... "Are they really paying me 18.45 to do THIS"..

I say the same thing now that I run line.

DirtyRice said:
yeah thats what it seems like, only thing im worried about is finding the places

Just remember do not have a accident watch your overhead heights not just at bridges but in residential areas and in retail parking lots. Low wires and tree limbs are easy to miss. Just relax. Once you go to a place one time you will always remember where it is. Do not push commercial customers to much to hurry just go along with their system and they will help you. When you go to a new place tell them you have never been their before and they will show you their system. You will pickup every thing fast but it still takes time to become a seasoned driver. Do not rush around in your own terminal lot many accidents happen right their. Let us know how it goes and we may be able to help. Good Luck

:tribehasspoken:
sparky said:
Just remember do not have a accident watch your overhead heights not just at bridges but in residential areas and in retail parking lots. Low wires and tree limbs are easy to miss. Just relax. Once you go to a place one time you will always remember where it is. Do not push commercial customers to much to hurry just go along with their system and they will help you. When you go to a new place tell them you have never been their before and they will show you their system. You will pickup every thing fast but it still takes time to become a seasoned driver. Do not rush around in your own terminal lot many accidents happen right their. Let us know how it goes and we may be able to help. Good Luck

wow thanks sparky, thats some good advice. I will be on the boards frequently to ask yalls opinion