XPO | im next

BlueColoredTrucks

TB Regular
Credits
anybody else in the same boat as me? on the seniority list i have about 8-10 guys under me, but some of them were in the driving school before i was hired, some transfered in and have more company seniority. so if another round of layoffs goes, depending on the number of DSR's i may be next.... truly scary times.....

so the DSAs who were in the driving school before i was hired with my class A license are going to be above me in company seniority time? can anybody clarify? if this is the case, in reality i might only have about 2-3 guys under me in case of layoffs....

but with con-way anything is possible they might choose to lay off based on performance next time, and that is not entirely predicatble as by seniority...."performance" could mean :butt kiss: you know?

anybody else in the same boat as me? on the seniority list i have about 8-10 guys under me, but some of them were in the driving school before i was hired, some transfered in and have more company seniority. so if another round of layoffs goes, depending on the number of DSR's i may be next.... truly scary times.....

so the DSAs who were in the driving school before i was hired with my class A license are going to be above me in company seniority time? can anybody clarify? if this is the case, in reality i might only have about 2-3 guys under me in case of layoffs....

but with con-way anything is possible they might choose to lay off based on performance next time, and that is not entirely predicatble as by seniority...."performance" could mean :butt kiss: you know?

If they are still classified as an apprentice they SHOULD go before you .... they are tying up another driver teaching them so that is an added expense ... all the apprentices are gone by me for now .

no, no, they/we are all full time regular drivers now, this was like 2+ years ago...

....i already had my license coming in to con-way... when i was hired they were still learning how to drive a truck, by the time i became a regular (3 months) they were DSA's...

from what i hear, their company time started when they got hired at conway and went to the driving school....

im shure you know there is a difference between bid seniority and company seniority

man im so scared right now, already looking at truck/class A jobs everywhere just incase....

indeed.com, hotjobs.yahoo.com, monster.com

no, no, they/we are all full time regular drivers now, this was like 2+ years ago...

....i already had my license coming in to con-way... when i was hired they were still learning how to drive a truck, by the time i became a regular (3 months) they were DSA's...

from what i hear, their company time started when they got hired at conway and went to the driving school....

im shure you know there is a difference between bid seniority and company seniority

man im so scared right now, already looking at truck/class A jobs everywhere just incase....

indeed.com, hotjobs.yahoo.com, monster.com

What I heard today if there are more layoffs it will be terminal by terminal basis ... it will be based on a certain number .. not cost per bill like everyone thinks

What I heard today if there are more layoffs it will be terminal by terminal basis ... it will be based on a certain number .. not cost per bill like everyone thinks

good, i really hope so and that it's not system wide like on friday....

because at my terminal all the city pd guys are getting overtime and the whole extra board is running now, the last 8-10 guys (possibly including myself) will now be "forced to run everyday and work 70 hours a week (im not complaining)

we were already busy as it is before laying off the 4 dsr's, but now that they're gone we have no room for anyone to take a day off or anything if you know what i mean.... but wiht the economy sinking and it gets slower you never know what will happen...

anyway you still havent addressed my issue? so if i was hired in with a class A and was put above drivers who at that time were still in the "school" do they still have more company senioruty than me and all i have is bid seniority over them? kinda like a transferee/in

good, i really hope so and that it's not system wide like on friday....

because at my terminal all the city pd guys are getting overtime and the whole extra board is running now, the last 8-10 guys (possibly including myself) will now be "forced to run everyday and work 70 hours a week (im not complaining)

we were already busy as it is before laying off the 4 dsr's, but now that they're gone we have no room for anyone to take a day off or anything if you know what i mean.... but wiht the economy sinking and it gets slower you never know what will happen...

anyway you still havent addressed my issue? so if i was hired in with a class A and was put above drivers who at that time were still in the "school" do they still have more company senioruty than me and all i have is bid seniority over them? kinda like a transferee/in

Their seniority goes by the date of the signed contract ... if "joe" signed a contract on feb 23 as an apprentice ... and you hired on as an associate dsr on may 15th ... and joe finally got his license on july 10th he will go ahead of you on the seniority board based on when he signed his contract ... and yes it is unfair

The first thing that is used to determine seniority is your Regular Date....Over 2 years ago, the students didn't get regular status until 90 days after graduation...They will go before you, but you should go ask your PS or SCM to clarify where you are on the roster by your Regular (anniversary) date...

The first thing that is used to determine seniority is your Regular Date....Over 2 years ago, the students didn't get regular status until 90 days after graduation...They will go before you, but you should go ask your PS or SCM to clarify where you are on the roster by your Regular (anniversary) date...

if what you say is true i may have hope.....i will ask today... thanks...

the situation still sucks when ppl are losing jobs though....

Ever see Prezars? wonder if he looks like his avatar

Prezars has had the same avatar for 17 years now and refuses to update it.

my.php

As you can see it's been a while

Their seniority goes by the date of the signed contract ... if "joe" signed a contract on feb 23 as an apprentice ... and you hired on as an associate dsr on may 15th ... and joe finally got his license on july 10th he will go ahead of you on the seniority board based on when he signed his contract ... and yes it is unfair

Not in the west...DSA until graduation, 30 days after graduation, anniversary date...

seniority plays no part in some locations

lay-offs, are not going by seniority at all locations.
It looks more to be based on job title, age, injuries, performance in that order, seniority plays no part.

Ever see Prezars? wonder if he looks like his avatar

I have been after him to get to the dentist, maybe even make a hair appointment...you know, image and all...scare the hell out of our customers walkin' in like that, or at the very least, causing an FAC FOS to have to go to therapy...

lay-offs, are not going by seniority at all locations.
It looks more to be based on job title, age, injuries, performance in that order, seniority plays no part.

Not knowing the circumstances at every barn, I cannot speak to it, only what happened at my place..pure seniority..

Not knowing the circumstances at every barn, I cannot speak to it, only what happened at my place..pure seniority..

I'm too glad for you, According to the 'rule" book that's the way it's suppose to go, yet, it looks like the places that didn't acknowledge seniority for over time and other things, didn't acknowledge seniority for the lay-offs, your a lucky one.
The place I talk about, ignored seniority monthly for years.