XPO | im next

I'm too glad for you, According to the 'rule" book that's the way it's suppose to go, yet, it looks like the places that didn't acknowledge seniority for over time and other things, didn't acknowledge seniority for the lay-offs, your a lucky one.
The place I talk about, ignored seniority monthly for years.

Strange....I didn't feel very lucky Friday or Saturday...

The first thing that is used to determine seniority is your Regular Date....Over 2 years ago, the students didn't get regular status until 90 days after graduation...They will go before you, but you should go ask your PS or SCM to clarify where you are on the roster by your Regular (anniversary) date...

My understanding the policy changed as many guys were taking their free, ink still drying CDL with LTL specific training and going across the street to Saia, Estes, etc. With the old 90 day wait you had nothing to loose by doing this. Most of the competition can give you a start time or at least more consistent hours (ie your a road driver or city/dock)

Working Day, Swing and Grave in the same week gets old real fast. When I got my dock bid I was very close to leaving to run a dump truck for $2/hr less on day shift.

I was the in the last batch of Students at CWX that had the 90 days from end of training to become regular. 30-40 Days after training I got a call for the HR guy telling me that

a) I was now regular,

b) as the guy at the bottom of the board I had drafted into posted PM Dock/City bid that no one had taken.

This was in July of 2006. If I had stayed on the bid for 2008 I would mot likley still be with the company.