Yellow | I'm voting YES! Who is with me?

Give me a break truckchick I have 25 years as a freight teamster, i started over 3 times in this crap industry and worked more crap shifts and taken more pay cuts and vacation cuts then they could ever imagine,so I think I have EARNED the right to retire.

So go ahead.

i got 33 yrs in, am 55, if i could go tommrow i whould, the local says 57 yrs old, with a 15 % penelty that sucks.
Exactly. All these junior guys wanting you to give them a job don't have a clue about what they are saying. If I could add money to help me retire (overtime) earily I would.

Can't need 500 hrs this yr and next,just hope this doesn't happen to you at ABF right before you retire.

I have been working on call for almost 2 years now. It is what it is. Doesn't make me wish ill thoughts about someone else. I don't live in their house.

This is one of the worst posts that I have ever seen. You are wishing ill on others to better yourself. My guess is that there is a reason people are still working and have not retired. There is no one I know who would keep working if they could afford the medical or whatever life has thrown at them. This post is not from any teamster brother I want to work with.

the real Teamster slogan-divided we fail
yea-nay yea-nay yea-nay yea-nay nay-yea nay-yea-nay-yea

. the nay's don't have Teamster sanction behind them

. the elite Holland & New Penn is a nay

. YRC is divided

. don't run up your credit card come Christmas

. cause the tears will fall like rain, to borrow a line from Fats

joeebrown02.jpg

im voting no becauce of this thread thanks 4 helping me decide truckinus

I voted no the first two times around. Now its payback for Glen Moore. The main reason I'm voting YES I forgot to mention. I'd like to excercise my stock options on the backs of all the old timers that can't step aside and take it easy.

Here again we have a few cry baby's that are low on the only thing you live and die by in freight = SENIORITY
While you are sitting home wishing ill thoughts upon your senior people, you may want to look into you future and see when it is your turn to be old ! In the old days most retiree's only collected 13 checks before they took their last breath.
Remember most of these "Old Guys" fought for our freedom in the military too
And continued to fight for our working conditions that this industry enjoys today both Union and Non-Union
Good Luck You Young Bucks your going to need all you can get.

Why would a junior worker vote yes ? This agreement will make you a part timer ,and will force the "old timers" like me to stay ,,because at 24 credits(25 1/2 worked) and 51 years old , I am not entitled to a check .And to write you want to get your stock option is FUNNY. Tell us what you will get . My statement from Fidelity says its worth ZERO .Guess you have different options.I think you hit your head crawling out from under the boss' desk .
Vote no- Really . It is the best choice for senior and junior workers .Besides the fact that YRCW raised its rate 5.9 %, and many analysts predict a driver shortage in the next 18 months,partly due to CSA 2010.Thats why they want this sh** to get extended. So the company reaps big $$$ on your dime .

Its not like I'll ever work in Dallas again, but maybe this makes it a little more possible. Here is my theory:

1. Old timers aren't going to be as comfortable with 5 weeks vacation versus 6. Hopefully they'll retire.
2. Old timers aren't gonna like having to hook their own sets.
3. Old timers aren't going to get their 15 minute smoke breaks and hour lunches. Takes a while for those old bones to recover.
4. Old timers won't like the fact that they aren't getting much paid into the pension and will hopefully retire sooner than later.
5. Lousy Health insurance with high copays wont be much of a benefit to anyone especially the old sick people.

The only thing that sucks for laid off people like me is the part about laid off people being made into essentially laid off casuals. That sucks. Who wants to be strung along for eternity as a 4 hour casual because some guy with 30 years won't retire and/or your board of laid off people is so large that essentially you have a 100% casual board? They will never have another full time guy again.
You act as if you are the only person ever taken advantage of as a Teamster.You seem to forget that anything you received as a benefit as a Teamster was given to you from the sweat and in some cases blood of old Teamsters.Everyone started at the bottom sometime and you come across as the only one who has felt punished.If this flys there never will be full time employees again and maybe you'll fel better about it all.After reading your posts I pray that I'll never have to work with you.

Wow, you will working 4 years or to end of the contract for one good year in the pension. I would not wish that on anyone that might need to put another 10 to 20 years.

:1036316054:
Hey truckinus, There is one thing the old timers did that you for to mention.

Old timers stood up and fought for each and every thing you're so willing to give away. Don't ever forget that without those old timers you so much despise you would not have half of what you have today. We should be thanking the old timers not licking them to the curb. It's that typical MEASTER and look out for #1 attitude that's destroyed every once of Brotherhood we once had.

I don't care what you vote. You've got to vote what's right for you and your family but don't even start to blame the old timers because you lack seniority.

One other thing. you probably think I'm an old timer but I'm not. I just understand how the sacrifices of the people before us made things much better for everyone else. Just imagine where we would be if the old timers had the same attitude as you.

Well said!!!!:1036316054:

Its not like I'll ever work in Dallas again, but maybe this makes it a little more possible. Here is my theory:

1. Old timers aren't going to be as comfortable with 5 weeks vacation versus 6. Hopefully they'll retire.
2. Old timers aren't gonna like having to hook their own sets.
3. Old timers aren't going to get their 15 minute smoke breaks and hour lunches. Takes a while for those old bones to recover.
4. Old timers won't like the fact that they aren't getting much paid into the pension and will hopefully retire sooner than later.
5. Lousy Health insurance with high copays wont be much of a benefit to anyone especially the old sick people.

The only thing that sucks for laid off people like me is the part about laid off people being made into essentially laid off casuals. That sucks. Who wants to be strung along for eternity as a 4 hour casual because some guy with 30 years won't retire and/or your board of laid off people is so large that essentially you have a 100% casual board? They will never have another full time guy again.

This might just be the worst post I have ever seen on the boards and I have seen some fff"d up posts......congrats this one takes the cake!!

Well maybe there were some members that felt like posts that you have made in the past had no relevance ?? Pretty bad when you have to trash a guy for his opinion!
This might just be the worst post I have ever seen on the boards and I have seen some fff"d up posts......congrats this one takes the cake!!

cant retire, need 4 months credit. would love to get out now with the 25 and out i would have had last fall. i' ll be lucky to go at 62 now with less pension than those who left this year.

Well maybe there were some members that felt like posts that you have made in the past had no relevance ?? Pretty bad when you have to trash a guy for his opinion!

I may have some bad posts but you will NEVER see a post from me wishing that my elders falter so I can gain personally. My grandfather was a Teamster, my father was a Teamster and I am a Teamster. They built what we have (had)today and people like this clown has destroyed what they fought so hard to get!

Clearly you have a huge boner for the "old timers" as you call them.(I will not make further comments about this because it wouldn't be family friendly.)

However, did you ever think that maybe if those same "old timers" could get their pension re-instated, they could finish their retirement plans and maybe they would retire and get out of your way on the seniority list? If you vote yes for another pension delay, they will stay at work, stay in front of you, and keep you unemployed. Think about it.