Yellow | I'm voting YES! Who is with me?

However, did you ever think that maybe if those same "old timers" could get their pension re-instated, they could finish their retirement plans and maybe they would retire and get out of your way on the seniority list? If you vote yes for another pension delay, they will stay at work, stay in front of you, and keep you unemployed. Think about it.

clearly you're only thinking of yourself and maybe you're not tuned to the financial situation @ YRC cause maybe, well, gosh you work for for Holland who never had a financial prop..lucky you. And maybe it never occurred to you that it doesn't matter how much money Holland is making if YRC goes over the cliff Holland falls too

clearly you're only thinking of yourself
It has nothing to do with myself. This poster had commented on how they can't seem to move up the seniority list unless the "old timers" disappear.
......and maybe you're not tuned to the financial situation @ YRC cause maybe, well, gosh you work for for Holland who never had a financial prop..lucky you.
I'm well informed on the financial situation that YRCW is in. But, I'm also tired of paying for their stupidity. The same old business practices that are a failure will continue to be a failure
Oh And maybe it never occurred to you that it doesn't matter how much money Holland is making if YRC goes over the cliff Holland falls too
I am fully aware of the fact that if YRCW shuts down, so does Holland. And I'm Ok with that. But, I'm tired of going backwards. I am willing to start over somewhere else if we close. But, this job is going to be as bad (or worse) than the others if we continue to go backwards. Enough is enough.

As far as you calling me selfish......(if I could have found the little icon flipping you the bird, I would have used it) because you are totally wrong.

I'm with you,if they can retire and won't I'm all for making their lives miserable since they have made mine miserable for the last 18 months.

Wow 18 months, did you just drop out of high school. You are whats wrong with good union jobs. Your willing to work for peanuts and step on others just better your self.

One other interesting thing is this time around they are allowing plenty of time for a no vote. The pension doesn't have to be paid for another 2 months if this is indeed voted down.

This is one of the worst posts that I have ever seen. You are wishing ill on others to better yourself. My guess is that there is a reason people are still working and have not retired. There is no one I know who would keep working if they could afford the medical or whatever life has thrown at them. This post is not from any teamster brother I want to work with.
I think your wishing ill by sending all of us to **** outfits for the rest of our lives..this is temporary ....once it's all gone we'll be stuck at the ***** permanently..And you'll never have any "Teamster' Brothers to worry about working with their for the rest of your life.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think your wwishin ill by sending all of us to **** outfis for the resrt of our lives..this is temporary ....once it's all gone we'll be stuck at the ***** permanently....Do ya really think that they'll organize of ya close the place....all mit will be is the same ones who were too scared to organize and the new YRC guys. alot of No voters who hatee the Teamsters anyways,..........talk about wishing ill on somebody...Ya stand a better chance of fixing and retaining what's left of theis union in this business by sticking this out.....than by going to the *****...If ya think that they will treat ya better..forget it..I bet ya didn't go there whilst Laid off...nor did ya tajke a LOA and do it....and if ya cry over this...ya';; cry the rest of your life at them companies and good luck trying to get your desired payrates there..it'll never happen..I don't know why ya don't just quit now.....I'm sick of the cryin'..And it'll only get worse when this closes and all ya have is no say....and ya can just give it all away...you think this is bad? try getting what ya want at the places whoa re left when it's done...You'll never handle it....I did for years and guys like you may as well just leave the business...cause you'll never handle it there if ya can't handle this......I'll accept the no vote if that's what it is but ya didn't like that guys voice of his opinion so i figure i have every right to voice mine. You go nowhere but to the ***** with a no vote.....and i think alot of no voters have an attitude and they''lll be the last ones who could ever handle working at the *****. Remeber your years as a Teamster cause when this place is done....so too are most of our days ever as Teamsters with a voice...the voice will be gone.....this is not ABF at over $20/share...this is YRC at .30 cents/share...your $14/hr starting pay is waitng at UPSF and they treat ya like crap there...worse than YRC from what i heard....and if that don't suit ya FEDEX,Con-Way, Saia, Pitt-Ohio, Dueii pYLe and all those great ones with bosses just waititng to here drivers gripes and desires for workrules so they can fire ya or laugh at ya cause ya gave up your say with your no vote.....hopefully I'm done with this..but it sucks to lose but the backs are to the wall. No other freight companies have been organized since the last one and no ground has been gained....but a no vote will lose everyuthing you ever wanted with slim chances to get back to what you had at the *****.......i really hate the 5 year deal...that's a long time...but if things turn around...it should be understandable if we want it back sooner..MY dad was union for a long time..and he is wise..4o years wise....He said if ya don't follow your leaders who the majority vorted in...then you have no union....but a bunch of guys who choose to stand alone..just like the *****...they all stand alone if they don't follow advice on what to do....The redstar guys were not *****. they followed the leaders and it was poor leadership but at least they stood together...going down with a no vote is not sticking together.
Someone is acting like the Shoeman and doing some A.M. drinking. I'm jealous, makes me look like a rookie. My eyes glazed over after the first two "sentences"!:couch:

Someone is acting like the Shoeman and doing some A.M. drinking. I'm jealous, makes me look like a rookie. My eyes glazed over after the first two "sentences"!:couch:
Nah...is should've just shut up though...I'm not into closing the place that's obvious...but sometimes it get a little stupid and harsh I know some good guys who I absolutely respect who'd vote no...But alot of guys who whine about givebacks at this time in history with unions and economy....will never handle the ***** and that's a fact...i think their wives pay the bills anyways..it's easy for them to say..I worked stupid ***** a long time and here at least ya have something to go on...their ya have nothing and companies would even delay the organizing drives and votes and 1st contract for at least2-5 years....so the whole business is done when this is done....What's the hurry? I'm in no hurry to go back to that.......I got rid of that whole post...but you saved it..Lucky me. Plus i ran spell check after i saw it and then just deleted it all.

Nah...is should've just shut up though...I'm not into closing the place that's obvious...but sometimes it get a little stupid and harsh I know some good guys who I absolutely respect who'd vote no...But alot of guys who whine about givebacks at this time in history with unions and economy....will never handle the ***** and that's a fact...i think their wives pay the bills anyways..it's easy for them to say..I worked stupid ***** a long time and here at least ya have something to go on...their ya have nothing and companies would even delay the organizing drives and votes and 1st contract for at least2-5 years....so the whole business is done when this is done....What's the hurry? I'm in no hurry to go back to that.......I got rid of that whole post...but you saved it..Lucky me. Plus i ran spell check after i saw it and then just deleted it all.
Lol! I know the feeling brother. I still say vote no. They will come back with the offer they really hope to get. If not, then so be it. There is a part of me that thinks they have given up, want to shut the doors, but want to make sure they blame it on the Union, therefore busting us, which has been the ultimate goal for a while now. We'll see what happens.

I'll tell you why so many "Old Timers" don't retire. I worked for Yellow Freight, then YRC, since 1981 full-time. I worked casual for two years before that. I was almost to the 30 year mark when the 18 month "deferment" of pension payments began. I ended up HAVING to retire in August due to an injury. My "cushy" pension is a whopping $1900 a month, minus COBRA payments of $1212 a month. Since I and my family cannot live on less than $700 per month, we no longer have health insurance. I'm 52, unable to work, no insurance, and still have teenagers at home. My wife is also unable to work due to health problems. We always got by as cheaply as possible, but we were okay until I had to leave work. We still have a mortgage, utilities, groceries, etc. to pay for. If this passes and Central States declares the pension fund to be in default, they will cut out "early retirement". That means NO income or insurance, etc. I was raised to work hard and actually "earn" my pay. I've done that all my life. Now the company I was so proud to work for doesn't care if I end up on welfare. We were promised all those years that if we took less of a raise, money would be put aside for retirement. We agreed to the company's "plan" and now, when I need to collect MY money, POOF! it's gone! I held up to MY end of the deal, but they didn't. The pension isn't a GIFT! It's a hard-won right paid for by ALL Teamsters who receive a paycheck. It was supposed to be like depositing money in the bank, (the money we negotiated to allow to be put aside for a pension, instead of in pay raises), yet someone withdrew the money before I "qualified" to receive a portion of MY OWN MONEY. I've received exactly ONE pension check, and now they're asking for a YES vote so they don't have to pay us "Old Timers" any more. Also, I have a lot of friends still working. It makes me very angry to see how greedy this company has become. It used to be "a fair day's work for a fair day's pay". Now with all the work rules changed, no pension paid in, extending 15% pay cut until 2015, etc., it's "a fair day's work, and THEY keep your pay". The stock market analysts are predicting a "bear market" is about to begin. Do you think when the economy gets better that YRC will give back all you gave up? Not likely! What have they done with all the money you already gave up? They're paying you 15% less, NOT paying pension payments, sold terminals, equipment, etc., layed off half the combined companies, got deferments on loans, did the stock swaps, etc. and STILL can't make it and are asking for MORE ?? The employees are NOT the problem. As someone else said, HELL NO !

I'm gonna leave with this for now this is from KK..who was at the meeting with a bunch of other elected leaders who "unanimously' voted for this..

"I know you guys will have plenty to say...BUT....if they don't get this passed....the lenders will most likely pull out.[/I]"

That comes from the elected leadership..not the company but the guys who represent you. Let'm close it means the ***** await. Nonunion ltl forever..and for those who say we are already.....not true...it'd take at least 2 years at a **** to get back your union workrules and a say on your payrates again....I think a no votes your say away for more years than 5...maybe the duration of your working years...all of us...Good day...Now act tough..

I'll tell you why so many "Old Timers" don't retire. I worked for Yellow Freight, then YRC, since 1981 full-time. I worked casual for two years before that. I was almost to the 30 year mark when the 18 month "deferment" of pension payments began. I ended up HAVING to retire in August due to an injury. My "cushy" pension is a whopping $1900 a month, minus COBRA payments of $1212 a month. Since I and my family cannot live on less than $700 per month, we no longer have health insurance. I'm 52, unable to work, no insurance, and still have teenagers at home. My wife is also unable to work due to health problems. We always got by as cheaply as possible, but we were okay until I had to leave work. We still have a mortgage, utilities, groceries, etc. to pay for. If this passes and Central States declares the pension fund to be in default, they will cut out "early retirement". That means NO income or insurance, etc. I was raised to work hard and actually "earn" my pay. I've done that all my life. Now the company I was so proud to work for doesn't care if I end up on welfare. We were promised all those years that if we took less of a raise, money would be put aside for retirement. We agreed to the company's "plan" and now, when I need to collect MY money, POOF! it's gone! I held up to MY end of the deal, but they didn't. The pension isn't a GIFT! It's a hard-won right paid for by ALL Teamsters who receive a paycheck. It was supposed to be like depositing money in the bank, (the money we negotiated to allow to be put aside for a pension, instead of in pay raises), yet someone withdrew the money before I "qualified" to receive a portion of MY OWN MONEY. I've received exactly ONE pension check, and now they're asking for a YES vote so they don't have to pay us "Old Timers" any more. Also, I have a lot of friends still working. It makes me very angry to see how greedy this company has become. It used to be "a fair day's work for a fair day's pay". Now with all the work rules changed, no pension paid in, extending 15% pay cut until 2015, etc., it's "a fair day's work, and THEY keep your pay". The stock market analysts are predicting a "bear market" is about to begin. Do you think when the economy gets better that YRC will give back all you gave up? Not likely! What have they done with all the money you already gave up? They're paying you 15% less, NOT paying pension payments, sold terminals, equipment, etc., layed off half the combined companies, got deferments on loans, did the stock swaps, etc. and STILL can't make it and are asking for MORE ?? The employees are NOT the problem. As someone else said, HELL NO !
How much do ya think you'll get put in there for ya if they close?

Everyone seems to be afraid to go work at a non-union company. Why is that? Possible work ethic issues? Personally, I would just as soon stay in a Union outfit. However, I'm paying dues for what I thought were negotiated work rules. Since our work rules are being torn to pieces, what is the difference between the Non-Union companies and a Union company? It seems that many of the yes voters don't mind losing their work rules. Yet, they fear having to go to a non-Union shop, with minimal work rules, if we close. What's the difference between a Union shop with minimal work rules and a non-Union shop with minimal work rules?

clearly you're only thinking of yourself and maybe you're not tuned to the financial situation @ YRC cause maybe, well, gosh you work for for Holland who never had a financial prop..lucky you. And maybe it never occurred to you that it doesn't matter how much money Holland is making if YRC goes over the cliff Holland falls too
The truly disturbing idea here is that this proposed agreement is the BEST that can be negotiated. And it does not matter whether Holland or New Penn or YRC is profitable or not. When the bills come due on the $1,500,000,000 it is YRCW that will fail and when that happens EVERYONE is DONE! All the accusations of who did what will NEVER make the debt go away. YRCW at this time is unable to generate enough revenue to service that debt without the concessions from the Teamsters and the banks.

Everyone seems to be afraid to go work at a non-union company. Why is that? Possible work ethic issues? Personally, I would just as soon stay in a Union outfit. However, I'm paying dues for what I thought were negotiated work rules. Since our work rules are being torn to pieces, what is the difference between the Non-Union companies and a Union company? It seems that many of the yes voters don't mind losing their work rules. Yet, they fear having to go to a non-Union shop, with minimal work rules, if we close. What's the difference between a Union shop with minimal work rules and a non-Union shop with minimal work rules?[/QUOTE]
The seniority you have aquired!

Everyone seems to be afraid to go work at a non-union company. Why is that? Possible work ethic issues? Personally, I would just as soon stay in a Union outfit. However, I'm paying dues for what I thought were negotiated work rules. Since our work rules are being torn to pieces, what is the difference between the Non-Union companies and a Union company? It seems that many of the yes voters don't mind losing their work rules. Yet, they fear having to go to a non-Union shop, with minimal work rules, if we close. What's the difference between a Union shop with minimal work rules and a non-Union shop with minimal work rules?[/QUOTE]
The seniority you have aquired!
But Al, when you have people jumping job classifications when they are at foreign barns, they are stepping on our seniority by doing our work. {new 4 hour work rules} This will be used to the companies advantage in order to cut seniority peoples overtime, and even abuse the low seniority people by not bringing them in for a guaranteed 8 hour day, because now they would be able to only use them for 4 hours. So when the work rules are thrown out, the seniority usually goes with it. (these are just examples)

I NEVER thought I would fall into the catagory of "old timer". This mess that we find ourselves in was brought on by one man's reckless greed and ego. Life is not fair the sacrifices that we make will NOT be shared equally. Even a yes vote will NOT insure that YRCW will survive. This newest MOU has been carefully negotiated, auditors hired by the International reviewed the financial situation and along with the auditors from the banks (the real owners) have determined that this is the LEAST that can be done to give YRCW a CHANCE to survive. The fate of unionized LTL freight is in our hands. Yes or no we will write history here. A yes vote and MAYBE YRCW survives or a no vote and the Teamsters are no longer in the freight industry.

Yes or no we will write history here. A yes vote and MAYBE YRCW survives or a no vote and the Teamsters are no longer in the freight industry. (ABF and UPS will still be there,if yrcw dies.)