Yellow | I'm voting YES! Who is with me?

truckinus

TB Veteran
Credits
Its not like I'll ever work in Dallas again, but maybe this makes it a little more possible. Here is my theory:

1. Old timers aren't going to be as comfortable with 5 weeks vacation versus 6. Hopefully they'll retire.
2. Old timers aren't gonna like having to hook their own sets.
3. Old timers aren't going to get their 15 minute smoke breaks and hour lunches. Takes a while for those old bones to recover.
4. Old timers won't like the fact that they aren't getting much paid into the pension and will hopefully retire sooner than later.
5. Lousy Health insurance with high copays wont be much of a benefit to anyone especially the old sick people.

The only thing that sucks for laid off people like me is the part about laid off people being made into essentially laid off casuals. That sucks. Who wants to be strung along for eternity as a 4 hour casual because some guy with 30 years won't retire and/or your board of laid off people is so large that essentially you have a 100% casual board? They will never have another full time guy again.

images

thsueo.gif

that's what Meatloaf would want you to do

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not like I'll ever work in Dallas again, but maybe this makes it a little more possible. Here is my theory:

1. Old timers aren't going to be as comfortable with 5 weeks vacation versus 6. Hopefully they'll retire.
3. Old timers aren't going to get their 15 minute smoke breaks and hour lunches. Takes a while for those old bones to recover.
4. Old timers won't like the fact that they aren't getting much paid into the pension and will hopefully retire sooner than later.
5. Lousy Health insurance with high copays wont be much of a benefit to anyone especially the old sick people.

The only thing that sucks for laid off people like me is the part about laid off people being made into essentially laid off casuals. That sucks. Who wants to be strung along for eternity as a 4 hour casual because some guy with 30 years won't retire and/or your board of laid off people is so large that essentially you have a 100% casual board? They will never have another full time guy again.

I'm with you,if they can retire and won't I'm all for making their lives miserable since they have made mine miserable for the last 18 months.

I hope you never get old......

Hope you love coming in for your four hour tours.Don't turn it down ...

This is one of the worst posts that I have ever seen. You are wishing ill on others to better yourself. My guess is that there is a reason people are still working and have not retired. There is no one I know who would keep working if they could afford the medical or whatever life has thrown at them. This post is not from any teamster brother I want to work with.

This is one of the worst posts that I have ever seen. You are wishing ill on others to better yourself. My guess is that there is a reason people are still working and have not retired. There is no one I know who would keep working if they could afford the medical or whatever life has thrown at them. This post is not from any teamster brother I want to work with.

And all those senior teamsters WORKING 60 HOURS A WEEK are teamster brothers I would not want to work with.

And all those senior teamsters WORKING 60 HOURS A WEEK are teamster brothers I would not want to work with.

All the ones working OT at my Barn are Junior to me and I turn it down every day my Brother.
Anyone who Retires without reading Appendix 'M' of the Pension Protection Act of 2006 is a FOOL!
It's about age not Years paid in.

At 211 I'm currently but am getting 40hrs a week why would I vote yes so I can my hours to 20. My vote is hell no!!

They have earned the right. When you have enough time in you too can choose. You have no idea how long these guys worked on call, bad shifts, did what they had to do to get their senority to work as much or little as they wanted. You sound like a junior guy who wants given to him what we had to work for.

Hey truckinus, There is one thing the old timers did that you for to mention.

Old timers stood up and fought for each and every thing you're so willing to give away. Don't ever forget that without those old timers you so much despise you would not have half of what you have today. We should be thanking the old timers not licking them to the curb. It's that typical MEASTER and look out for #1 attitude that's destroyed every once of Brotherhood we once had.

I don't care what you vote. You've got to vote what's right for you and your family but don't even start to blame the old timers because you lack seniority.

One other thing. you probably think I'm an old timer but I'm not. I just understand how the sacrifices of the people before us made things much better for everyone else. Just imagine where we would be if the old timers had the same attitude as you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey truckinus, There is one thing the old timers did that you for to mention.

Old timers stood up and fought for each and every thing you're so willing to give away. Don't ever forget that without those old timers you so much despise you would not have half of what you have today. We should be thanking the old timers not licking them to the curb. It's that typical MEASTER and look out for #1 attitude that's destroyed every once of Brotherhood we once had.

I don't care what you vote. You've got to vote what's right for you and your family but don't even start to blame the old timers because you lack seniority.

Amen brother

They have earned the right. When you have enough time in you too can choose. You have no idea how long these guys worked on call, bad shifts, did what they had to do to get their senority to work as much or little as they wanted. You sound like a junior guy who wants given to him what we had to work for.

Give me a break truckchick I have 25 years as a freight teamster, i started over 3 times in this crap industry and worked more crap shifts and taken more pay cuts and vacation cuts then they could ever imagine,so I think I have EARNED the right to retire.

AzPilot said:
I'm with you,if they can retire and won't I'm all for making their lives miserable since they have made mine miserable for the last 18 months.

Some Brother you are. You'll be there some day too AzPilot and I wonder how you'll feel then.

What a deal for us - lets see - an additional 2 years of 15% pay cut, big changes to work rules that will cut jobs, 25% paid into pensions after no payments for 2 years - and the 25% will probably equal zero accruals, since a big portion of what is paid in goes to unfunded liability......what do we get? Nothing

i got 33 yrs in, am 55, if i could go tommrow i whould, the local says 57 yrs old, with a 15 % penelty that sucks.