Important Q&A For YRC Participants of the Central States Pension Fund

won’t get a full pension but 2 grand a month is ok, at least this is the beginning of the end of the
Thieving Teamsters and Yellow freight.
Don’t have the age to get more but again I’m not to old to enjoy it.

let’s see YELLOW sends pension money to Central States for Members pensions ,, the money is used for payments for 100s of thousands retirees whose companies bellied up , not too much any more left of the pie or PIE no pun attended

won’t get a full pension but 2 grand a month is ok, at least this is the beginning of the end of the
Thieving Teamsters and Yellow freight.
Don’t have the age to get more but again I’m not to old to enjoy it.
This may be the beginning of the end, and it may be nothing at all. Not long ago I was positive that CSPF would be broke and I would getting nothing when I retired in 2025. Now CSPF is backed by the U.S. government, ABF has been making record profits for the last 2 years, and I'm considering staying employed with ABF passed 2025 if we get an exceptional contract in 2023. So Roadway, you may be sure and positive about the future but I learn from my mistakes, adjust my thinking, and consider new options based on new information.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how long you would have to be employed with ABF, or another full paying employer, for a YRC employee to get their full pension?

I contacted CSPF to see what kind of a difference it would make to my monthly pension. They stated that it is not something that they can project. Specifically they can only project based off of current information that they have and not something that might happen. Seems very contrary to item number 6 in the memo. I messaged back and I'm waiting for a response on it.

Last edited:
I contacted CSPF to see what kind of a difference it would make to my monthly pension. They stated that it is not something that they can project. Specifically they can only project based off of current information that they have and not something that might happen. Seems very contrary to item number 6 in the memo. I messaged back and I'm waiting for a response on it.
And I an still waiting for a reply. I hope that means they're having one of those actuarial people do some calculating here. Because when they gave me the brush off the first time they replied in less than 24 hours.

This may be the beginning of the end, and it may be nothing at all. Not long ago I was positive that CSPF would be broke and I would getting nothing when I retired in 2025. Now CSPF is backed by the U.S. government, ABF has been making record profits for the last 2 years, and I'm considering staying employed with ABF passed 2025 if we get an exceptional contract in 2023. So Roadway, you may be sure and positive about the future but I learn from my mistakes, adjust my thinking, and consider new options based on new information.
Only if they get someone who is willing to fight for that next contract, instead of rolling over like ernie