Important

imported_gabbydad

TB Lurker
Credits
I know this is hard to hear, as it is hard to type, but closing J3, J5, J8, JC is the right thing to do. They have been operating unprofitably for years

and we can’t subsidize poorly operating facilities moving forward. Bottom line is that this ensures Jevic’s longevity and puts us in position to stay around a long time and take advantage of the coming economic turnaround .

I know in my meetings, every effort to minimize the impact to displaced employees was of the highest concern, but let’s not kid ourselves, things are brutal.

Yellow is literally imploding, Vitran closed up 17 barns, Holland’s pulled out of the South. New Century shut down the entire Rude operation.

I trust in our leadership that they have done the right thing.

Wow, looks like Chicken Little was right the sky fell, at least on us in the south....All I can say is , I hope the rest goes under and to the higher ups GO FUDGE YOURSELVES!!!!!
I hope you choke on the money you make!!!

Wow.

Thats a big move. Just got the email to call dispatch. I agree with G-dad that u can't subsidize an operation that loses money - I never knew we had terminals that lost $$ -but I do feel for those guys from the south I've met up here.

I'll post again when I get info from the horses mouth. If anybodys got anymore - post away.:shock:

I know this is hard to hear, as it is hard to type, but closing J3, J5, J8, JC is the right thing to do. They have been operating unprofitably for years

I trust in our leadership that they have done the right thing.

Good luck to all the drivers, dock workers and office workers in all those terminals. It just feels like this is putting a finger in the dyke though.

Appology to Eugene and all the great people

I admit Eugene I Was wrong! I would never have thought that we had a situation like that at J3 and J5, I am sorry for you and all the employees that lost there job's. I hope you will bounce back quickly and find work. Please don't take the ribbing I gave you seriously, it was all in fun, Best of luck to all the great people and their familys who worked so hard all these years. I wish everybody all the luck in the world.
Local,

it's rough i know,but the company had to readjust.

Wow, looks like Chicken Little was right the sky fell, at least on us in the south....All I can say is , I hope the rest goes under and to the higher ups GO FUDGE YOURSdELVES!!!!!
I hope you choke on the money you make!!!

best of luck to all !!

the leak is stopped..

Good luck to all the drivers, dock workers and office workers in all those terminals. It just feels like this is putting a finger in the dyke though.

not much more we could have done.$$$$ going down the drain.our service will be better than before,like the old days.. hang in there folks...:smilie_132:

going down

if you guys think that those 8 to 10 shuttles from j3 alone r not going to put drivers out of work u need to WAKE UP. thats not even counting j5 and j8 . GOOD LUCK UP NORTH . U GUYS NEED IT

keep your head high. you and everyone esle did nothing wrong. bad time wrong place. its all bout numbers.. safe travels

you know i tryed to tell you folks this was on its way!. but ever body rimmed me out. ive been involed in this three times now. the only differance this time is jevic is not union. "gabby dont worry because when you get your head out of managements butt you will have your third one". i dont know how you figure j3 wasnt making us money there the only fac that never run out of freight, ive seen them scream for power, a number of times when even j1 didnt have freight. but again computers dont lie but liers do compute. i think the bottom line is that management don't know there butt from a hole in the ground let a lone how to run a trucking co!!! but we at j3 dont exspect any one in delanco to admit that.

you know i tryed to tell you folks this was on its way!. but ever body rimmed me out. ive been involed in this three times now. the only differance this time is jevic is not union. "gabby dont worry because when you get your head out of managements butt you will have your third one". i dont know how you figure j3 wasnt making us money there the only fac that never run out of freight, ive seen them scream for power, a number of times when even j1 didnt have freight. but again computers dont lie but liers do compute. i think the bottom line is that management don't know there butt from a hole in the ground let a lone how to run a trucking co!!! but we at j3 dont exspect any one in delanco to admit that.

I wish you luck and and hope every displaced employee lands on their feet quickly. I am in managment and have seen the numbers. What one has to appreciate is that sometimes throwing freight on the truck doesn't equate with making money. Fact is the rates in the South are the most depressed, the customer base doesn't pay for our value the way they do in the other areas and large national accounts command extremely sharp rates.

This decision was analyzed and re analyzed an no part of it, especially when it came to people was taken lightly.

STFU gabby, nobody down here cares what you or any upper management says right now. You are going to say its for the right reasons, but we knew it was coming from the way management ran this company right into the ground. This use to be a great company when Harry built it, but the yahoos we got running it now suck. Dockhand is right, its only a matter of time before you boys in NJ and other places are done for. To all teh hard working dock guys and drivers I wish you all the best.Upper management can get bent.:butt kiss:

STFU gabby, nobody down here cares what you or any upper management says right now. You are going to say its for the right reasons, but we knew it was coming from the way management ran this company right into the ground. This use to be a great company when Harry built it, but the yahoos we got running it now suck. Dockhand is right, its only a matter of time before you boys in NJ and other places are done for. To all teh hard working dock guys and drivers I wish you all the best.Upper management can get bent.:butt kiss:

My condolences to you and the folks down there. This isn't easy.

Yeah Mr. Captain of the fricken Pep Squad. Seems like time for a salesman could have been better spent than to be on this board blowing smoke up our hind parts. From your post you obviously knew that this was coming for a good while now. And the only thing you ever posted was telling everyone that Harry was falsely predicting Jevics demise. And how everything was just fine. Hmmm. Had me convinced. It would have been better if you would just not said anything at all. Only thing worse than the management that has shut us down, Is management that will come to our public forum and totally lie to our faces. Lower than the lowest piece of crap. You would need a step ladder to scratch the belly of a fellow rattle snake. I mean the way this crap was done is BS. A driver that has been with Jevic for 17 yrs has been listed as a road driver for his whole career. Until 2 flippin days before this crap happened they reclassified him as a regional driver. So he is one of the ones that is losing his job. That shows you what kind of company I have wasted my time with. You know, I should have been wary of going to work for a company that had its home office so close to Philly. I should have known not to trust a bunch of Eagle fans. That of course doesnt include Dockhand. I have actually known a few Eagle fans that have been pretty decent. But none that actually lives in that area. But thats cool, I'm sure everyone will recover. Maybe a blessing in disguise. I thought my job hunting days were over. BITE ME!!!

u know what i think guys ? i think they sold us out a long time ago. they r closing the doors and doing it in stages to save all the $ they can. its a damn shame that our leaders have no idea on how to run a trucking company. i guess when u put a salesman in office dont ask why you got SOLD OUT. salesmen sell things . o and gabby STFU:butt kiss:

That doesn't make sense..

I spoke with Scartelli last night - I'm fine with it - like I said I feel bad for the brothers down south.

But clsoing compnaies in stages? Nobody does that. It looks like they are trying to save it. Getting rid of places that bleed $$$ and keeping profitable ones? Heck - McDonald and Burger King do that.

For my part - I think we got a good company and I wanna keep it alive.

So who the heck is gabbydad that he's got all this "inside scoop"? He's not a driver obviously. :Banned:

bleed money ? we saw those empty trailers coming south with no frt in them . while we never sent emptys to swap out on our end , now whos bleeding ??????