Important

I look for drop lots / small dark terminals to relay freight to the various terminals j2, j7 j1...Im sure its been all figured out by now

well... if it's all been figured out by now.. how come no one is sharing this valuable info so drivers can make a decision to stay or go?? I guess of course they can all make the "wise" decision to just stay home with their loved ones in the homes they rarely get to be in as matt's wife used such "clarity" to point out.. (I mean, she's also pointed out what an expert she is with all the answers) that'll be nice.. hubby home to light the home fires and help bar the doors when foreclosure comes knocking.
I, for one, don't see anyone posting their frustrations here trying to scare anyone.. tptb are doing a fine job of that on their own by keeping everyone in the dark about what is really going on.

well... if it's all been figured out by now.. how come no one is sharing this valuable info so drivers can make a decision to stay or go?? I guess of course they can all make the "wise" decision to just stay home with their loved ones in the homes they rarely get to be in as matt's wife used such "clarity" to point out.. (I mean, she's also pointed out what an expert she is with all the answers) that'll be nice.. hubby home to light the home fires and help bar the doors when foreclosure comes knocking.
I, for one, don't see anyone posting their frustrations here trying to scare anyone.. tptb are doing a fine job of that on their own by keeping everyone in the dark about what is really going on.

I know those remarks by Matt's wife about scaring people were directed at me. But I'm not trying to scare anyone. Although they should be. I'm just trying to open some eyes. They are getting the same spew that was coming forth months and even days before we got the shaft. Anytime someone came on here and said anything bad about Jevic, Like predicting something big was coming and people could lose their jobs. They were Flamed, Chastised and Ridiculed. But as it turned out they knew exactly what they were talking about. And as soon as it came down, the very same people that was doing the Flaming, Chastising, and Ridiculing. All of a sudden talked like it should have came as no surprise. We could do no wrong before, Now we were dragging the company down the crapper for years. But we should just take it, accept it, and move on. Two of which I'm sure will happen. We have no other options but to accept it and move on. But I'm not taking it any more. And those left need, and should be able to read through the crap. Everyone should be familiar with the saying. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me" So, that said, you've been fooled once. Dont let it happen again.

I wonder where all those drivers are gonna go after all those years of LOYAL service to their company? And how will they be able to show loyalty to another company after all those years of "investing their loyalty and their families well-being" into one company. I hope they will all be okay.

Some well meaning advice

I agree with Matt's wifes opinion. She sounds educated and reasonable. That being said - I also feel really bad for all my freinds in the south. I can understand the bitterness and hatred beeing spued here. It hurts to lose a job - I've been there done that.

What i learned from that may help you if you are one of teh unfortunate drivers let go -
1. it wasn't my fault. So I can't blame me.
2. It doesn't maek me a bad employee - its no reflection on me.
3. Matter of fact - I am a pretty darn good empoyee and I am very employeable because I am good at what I do
4. my "full time" time job now is to find a "full time job" so I can protect and support my family like a man should
5. Things always happen for a reason - and usually on the other side of the bad its good.

Have faith, stay strong, and don't focus on teh complaining - complaining just delays getting the right,positive attitude to find new employment. No one is going to hire a bitter person. If all u are going to do is get on this board and complian then re-read # 4 above. And I mean that with all due respect. Like I said - I agree that the situation stinks - but you need to focus on whats important - and these boards are really a nat on an elephants butt in this situation.:ontopic:

I agree with Matt's wifes opinion. She sounds educated and reasonable. That being said - I also feel really bad for all my freinds in the south. I can understand the bitterness and hatred beeing spued here. It hurts to lose a job - I've been there done that.

What i learned from that may help you if you are one of teh unfortunate drivers let go -
1. it wasn't my fault. So I can't blame me.
2. It doesn't maek me a bad employee - its no reflection on me.
3. Matter of fact - I am a pretty darn good empoyee and I am very employeable because I am good at what I do
4. my "full time" time job now is to find a "full time job" so I can protect and support my family like a man should
5. Things always happen for a reason - and usually on the other side of the bad its good.

Have faith, stay strong, and don't focus on tehcomplaining - it just delays getting the right,positive attitude to find new employment. No one is going to hire a bitter person. If all u are going to do is get on this board and complian then re-read # 4 above. And I mean that with all due respect. Like I said - I agree that the situation stinks - but you need to focus on whats important - and these boards are really a nat on an elephants butt in ur situation.:ontopic:

yeah matt's wife "sounds" reasonable and intelligent but I was offended at her veiled attempts at slamming the southern arena, you might not see it that way but I did, and I know it comes down to a matter of opinion.
I still find is so freakin ironic that everyone of you that come on this thread with a "get over it" attitude are all from the north with a preaching message of how we are all just a bunch of complainers and live to scare people. Guess what, some of us are scared.. we have lives, we have homes, kids to educate.. doesn't mean we won't go on with all those things because the people running the show up there decided to take the road out from under the tires of the dedicated men and women that have given their all to this company.. I think those actions gives us all the right in the world to express how we feel about the situation.. so.. thanks for the pep talk but believe it or not.. we are intelligent and capable of knowing what we need to do to save ourselves without your list of life lessons to be learned.. the crappy part is.. we shouldn't have to start over to keep the "investors" in the black. An investment company shouldn't be running a trucking company.. MHO of course.

I wonder where all those drivers are gonna go after all those years of LOYAL service to their company? And how will they be able to show loyalty to another company after all those years of "investing their loyalty and their families well-being" into one company. I hope they will all be okay.

Thanks lowpoint for your kind words. I'm sure we all will be fine after a while. It will just take some time. I may not have put as many years here as a lot of the other drivers. But I still put quite a few years "Bleeding Blue" I did all I could to make the company successful as I'm sure the majority of my fellow drivers did. Minimizing mistakes and maximizing fuel mileage as best we could. And you're right it will be hard to just blindly jump into another company and show the kind of loyalty that has been shown here. Especially after being told it was "Our Fault" we are out of a job now. As for SafetyKings remarks about wasting time on here. I, all of a sudden seem to have an abundance of time on my hands now. Its good I guess that they are paying me for the next 4 weeks. I am presently waiting for a copy of my DAC report to come back to make sure there is not a bunch of false reporting on it. AS I have heard from other drivers that have already been turned down for a job because of what's on their DAC. Some of the things were incidents that they weren't even in the same state when they occurred. So my advice to my brother and sister drivers that are looking for a job. Get a copy of your DAC report before your prospective new employer looks at it. You can get a copy at this link. USIS | Consumers - Information for Consumers You are entitled to one free copy of your DAC every 12 months. If you have gotten a copy within the 12 months its only 10 dollars to get one. It would be a good incentive. Because apparently Jevic is prone to put false or mis-information in your DAC.

Don't misread what I wrote....

Guys - go and look at any of the messages I have put up on this forum and others - I don't have mean bone in my body and my note wasn't meant that way...I just wanted to offer a perspective as I went thru it a while back and thats what I learnt from it. I'v been taught that things happen for a reason and once you come thru them u should use the experience to help others.

I am seriously sad for you and our office people. I understand that somebody in marketing in Delanco actually reached out to several of thier contacts down south and provided Job leads for every sales person at J3 and sent another lead to one of the top sales dogs in Atlanta. So not everyone is as cold hearted as portrayed here on this board.

And "plenty of time on your hands" gives you plenty of time to look for more work...I just sat around in a funk and wasted time when it happened to me the first time - and later found out I had lost a great opportuity and could have been working in that first week:duh:....then I took a lot more time to find the next opportunity.

That's all I'm saying and I'll say no more.... :bananalama:

Guys - go and look at any of the messages I have put up on this forum and others - I don't have mean bone in my body and my note wasn't meant that way...I just wanted to offer a perspective as I went thru it a while back and thats what I learnt from it. I'v been taught that things happen for a reason and once you come thru them u should use the experience to help others.

I am seriously sad for you and our office people. I understand that somebody in marketing in Delanco actually reached out to several of thier contacts down south and provided Job leads for every sales person at J3 and sent another lead to one of the top sales dogs in Atlanta. So not everyone is as cold hearted as portrayed here on this board.

And "plenty of time on your hands" gives you plenty of time to look for more work...I just sat around in a funk and wasted time when it happened to me the first time - and later found out I had lost a great opportuity and could have been working in that first week:duh:....then I took a lot more time to find the next opportunity.

That's all I'm saying and I'll say no more.... :bananalama:

Hon.. go back and read what I wrote.. you are reading into what I'm saying what you want to hear... we don't need the pep talks, we don't need your wonderous perspective, we are intelligent enough to understand the situation and how it came to be, you don't want to hear what anyone is saying from our perspective so it might be time to agree to disagree.. it's all great and wonderful that the sales teams are being offered a hand up?!?! How do think this happened to J5 and J3?? the Sales Dept didn't do their job and they get a hand up and the driver's get told to go home and hunt for a new job, lose their senority, benefits, vacation time earned.. gimme a break! We are supposed to bow down and praise the all gracious and powerful management that's offering the ones responsible a new lease while our friends and loved ones, the ones that get their hands dirty, eat cold sandwhiches while going down the road, take showers behind God knows who in a truck stop, have no set sleeping schedules all so the sales people and upper management gets to sleep in their bed and have dinner with their family at night? Save it sister.:hand:

Yea--I took the package today---I get to take my 3 weeks vacation with me to the next job-and get the 4th next year---they give us 2 % on our 401k automatically--then match us dollar for dollar up to 6% ---so I put in 6% and get 14 % --alot better than jevic---insurance is 150 a month for family-not 100 a week---I am glad I am gone and wish you guys the best---and on yeah---its no more LTL! Tanker

Yea--I took the package today---I get to take my 3 weeks vacation with me to the next job-and get the 4th next year---they give us 2 % on our 401k automatically--then match us dollar for dollar up to 6% ---so I put in 6% and get 14 % --alot better than jevic---insurance is 150 a month for family-not 100 a week---I am glad I am gone and wish you guys the best---and on yeah---its no more LTL! Tanker

Hey BigDaddie, I'm glad to see that you got the job with Steve. I may be following you. But I still need to wait and get a copy of my DAC report. Dont want any surprises looming. If you know what I mean. Also glad to see your not banned anymore.

They will run the dac for you---and then tell you what to put on the application---cuz they have to match---and they only pull 3yrs but the application says 5---you better hurry the word is out on the little gold mine!

someone please explain to me how we are going to hit sc with next day service when we are bombed with minis that are do for service from shooty shippers? when are going to get back to the true jevic model. volume ltl and not the crap that we have been seeing on our trucks lately. sales get a clue and sell to our model. just my opinion

good with the bad

Gabby,

Thanks for replying to my question in a private email, but I do have one question. As far as taking the qood with the bad let's look at this senario. A guy buys 2 cars, pays 15000 for both. One runs great and the other is in the service station 50% of the time and is costing him 1000's of dollars. Is this taking the good with the bad. We have to get away with customers that do not fit the Jevic model and start finding shippers that do. I am one of the few in the south that will survive what has happened, but we have to go back to the true Jevic model. Volume LTL (drums, pallets, totes, haz mat) and get away from the stupid food warehouses with ridiculous receiving hours and start making money again. I am too old and too tired to look for another job. Let's get back to our bread and butter and start making money again. By the way J7 and J8 do sell certain areas of SC as next day. Don't take this as criticism, I just don't want to see this great company fail.