Important

...yeah what he said.......maybe they will get saia to buy em and give out big raises ,new trucks,and free insurance too:hysterical::smilie_132:yall have fun!

not much more we could have done.$$$$ going down the drain.our service will be better than before,like the old days.. hang in there folks...:smilie_132:

:shock:good luck buddy i hate to here that someone has lost there job try new century the just pick up 2 BIG account good luck to all .

Dont worry CW, You are right. The truth cant be denied. No One said they were selling J3 and J5. Just all the equipment.

true CC shes my wife i was under her b4 i knew it but oh well we know what i meant the whole back line full of trucks 06 and newer going back to the dealers there taking them back now as we speak

Y do they keep blaning there failure on the south or us due to them closing they will lose several national accounts enoree,sc 1 of them other is greer sc when u screw up admit it failure is not an option in my book and I havent failed Jevic did

Y do they keep blaning there failure on the south or us due to them closing they will lose several national accounts enoree,sc 1 of them other is greer sc when u screw up admit it failure is not an option in my book and I havent failed Jevic did

Yeah, Misfit. We didnt do anything wrong. The company was just mis-managed. You can bash Jevic all you want. Just be careful not to talk trash about any particular person. Its against the rules.

Yeah, Misfit. We didnt do anything wrong. The company was just mis-managed. You can bash Jevic all you want. Just be careful not to talk trash about any particular person. Its against the rules.

10-4 on the bashing i dont do that i'll go to them and talk the trash in front of there face:hysterical::nutkick:

I should have known not to trust a bunch of Eagle fans. I have actually known a few Eagle fans that have been pretty decent.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
From a fellow Cowboys fan in NY City. Been to a few games at the Vet, in the 700 sections, those guys are as wild as the Blue seat NY Rangers fans. There was one guy that used to start the E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles chant 3 rows behind me. The first 2 years he would get on our case. The 3rd year they beat us, so I bought him a beer, and he was pretty cool to me & my buddy the following years that we went to a game. I should go back, just for old times sake.

As for your predicament, I feel for you. It was the same situation when I was at Preston and we closed 10 days after Yellow bought Jevic. Although management always kept reassuring us (lying) that everything was fine.

From a fellow Cowboys fan in NY City. Been to a few games at the Vet, in the 700 sections, those guys are as wild as the Blue seat NY Rangers fans. There was one guy that used to start the E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles chant 3 rows behind me. The first 2 years he would get on our case. The 3rd year they beat us, so I bought him a beer, and he was pretty cool to me & my buddy the following years that we went to a game. I should go back, just for old times sake.

As for your predicament, I feel for you. It was the same situation when I was at Preston and we closed 10 days after Yellow bought Jevic. Although management always kept reassuring us (lying) that everything was fine.

Dang. I dont believe I'd like to go to a game in Philly. I felt like I was taking my life in my hands going into the Jevic Delanco, NJ terminal wearing my colors. Always did it though. It sometimes pays to be a big fellow!!!

Dang. I dont believe I'd like to go to a game in Philly. I felt like I was taking my life in my hands going into the Jevic Delanco, NJ terminal wearing my colors. Always did it though. It sometimes pays to be a big fellow!!!
Does 6ft1in 320lbs sound big enough?
Second, I'm from Brooklyn, NY so .....
FUGHEDABOUDIT!!

This was an organizational realignment to make us stronger. The other terminals are in the black. The South is a depressed market and the customers won't pay for our value, so while tons may have moved through them, they weren't profitable. Any company in any business has the responsibility to earn a profit. It is their sole purpose in a capitalistic society. (We aren't closing in June) and our destiny is in our own hands. We have to give 100% every day. Not 110 not 90. Just 100 will be fine.

I think this thread is too "Important" to just let it die. There are a lot of new posters on here. That need to know what was said in the past.

I agree with you CC, but please everyone try to keep this in mind, Gabby was just as in the dark as the rest of us. He truly believed in Jevic and the lies that were spewing from up above him. I was told by someone at J7 that the regional vp that was living there knew nothing until Monday morning just like everyone else and he was let go immediately. If we are to look for blame it needs to be directed at Sun, Dave and Tim...look no further because they we the only ones that knew it was coming. OK, I said my peace.

I think of it this way... If Jevic Transportation was a creditable and a company that was "making money" we would have not needed a secondary group of investors such as Sun to buy us again. The core group of financial planners (book keepers) must not have been too good either.
If sales were meeting thier figures and the terminals were meeting thier figures given to them by corporate, Then where does the blame fall.??

We have all been lied to... including management to some degree.

Jevic was a good company... I think allot of the blame for our downfall can be placed on the yellow/scs era. Yellow aquired Jevic for $200 million in 1999, then in 2006 sold us for $40 million. Doesn't seem right...

I think this thread is too "Important" to just let it die. There are a lot of new posters on here. That need to know what was said in the past.

You guys pretty much have it right. CC you give me too much credit. I was a Jr VP giving everything he had to make my company great. I was not in the loop at the highest level.

It's convenient that I've been the only managment to take time to post on here ( been doing so since 2001). So I'm an easy target who by choice let it be known what my position was. To focus on me the way you have is just a waste of prodcutive time.

Every day I put on my pants to go to work to do the best I could for my employer. Isn't this horse beaten enough?

It'd be just as easy for me to dissapear and never read another psot again. But if you get enough of that, what's left?

2001 huh? Its odd that it says your join date is April 2006. Even still the truth eludes you. And you can say what ever you want. I still believe it would be impossible to get a notice of termination and have a new job by noon the same day. I asked you if you had updated your resume in an earlier post. And you said you had not "In a long time" Even still, After all this happened if you had come on here and admitted that you were wrong. I truly believe that all would have been forgotten. There was a host of drivers posting that did that very thing.