XPO | Income

whip1

TB Regular
Credits
just looked at my W2. I made more money this year than last year. Last year, I made more money than the year before. My 401K is also doing great. What are all the problems people are whining about? We’re getting paid pretty well.

just looked at my W2. I made more money this year than last year. Last year, I made more money than the year before. My 401K is also doing great. What are all the problems people are whining about? We’re getting paid pretty well.

You are correct.

Should we be paid more? Are we paid enough for how much and how hard we work?

Is it wrong to want a share of the profit when you work very hard to get the profit?

Hopefully , we will hear from the leadership of XPO Logistics in regards to compensation, retirement , and benefits. FedEx did okay , maybe XPO Logistics will keep up.

FedEx said on Friday it will spend more than $3.2 billion on wage increases, bonuses, pension funding and capital investment, taking advantage of the tax overhaul signed into law in December.

The announcement makes FedEx the latest US company to promise higher pay for workers, citing the tax cuts.

FedEx, which said the recent tax changes would likely boost economic growth and investment in the US, also said it would contribute $1.5 billion to an employee pension plan.

The company plans more than $200 million in higher compensation, about two-thirds of which will go to hourly employees
with the remainder funding increases in performance-based incentive plans for salaried workers.

NYPost.com

P.S.

I have not read anything that says how much of a share FedEx Freight will receive as far as raises and pension.https://nypost.com/2018/01/26/fedex-to-raise-pay-expand-hubs-over-tax-cuts/

Last edited:
Im glad you made more money this year then last year because i made $3000 less. They hired a bunch of dock workers and freight is down at our barn

If you have dependents/children most of your extra cash will be offset by higher insurance copays if you are your dependents are sick or injured.
Maybe if the guys in the south were paid properly, my additional insurance costs would be offset.

If you have dependents/children most of your extra cash will be offset by higher insurance copays if you are your dependents are sick or injured.
Maybe if the guys in the south were paid properly, my additional insurance costs would be offset.
So far, my family is healthy. If anyone is sick or injured in a major way, most families will be in financial trouble. It’s the sad state of health care in this country.

So far, my family is healthy. If anyone is sick or injured in a major way, most families will be in financial trouble. It’s the sad state of health care in this country.
So far for you...sadly, these impact more people than just yourself.
I have coworkers with health issues, some with children that have health issues that will pay an huge portion of their salary out to cover these costs. It's easy to look and see how well you or I have it, but there are many who do not.
I know we'd be better off with better insurance and compensation.
As we are self insured, any monies we pay for copays, deductibles, and premiums go directly back into the company coffers.
The higher your copays are, the slower you pay your deductible down, therefore costing you more money and saving the company more money. It's all a shell game.

I have coworkers with health issues, some with children that have health issues that will pay an huge portion of their salary out to cover these costs. It's easy to look and see how well you or I have it, but there are many who do not.
As we are self insured, any monies we pay for copays, deductibles, and premiums go directly back into the company coffers.
The higher your copays are, the slower you pay your deductible down, therefore costing you more money and saving the company more money. It's all a shell game.
I’m well aware of this. The truth is it has nothing to do with XPO. I know families that have good jobs and they’ve lost everything when someone is diagnosed with cancer. The health care system in this country sucks. Nobody wants to actually fix it.

I’m well aware of this. The truth is it has nothing to do with XPO. I know families that have good jobs and they’ve lost everything when someone is diagnosed with cancer. The health care system in this country sucks. Nobody wants to actually fix it.
It has EVERYTHING to do with them. They decide what insurance to offer us.
Back when I started, we had company paid insurance for all. Sure, we made an bit less than other lines, but we paid 0 for insurance.
What you make in a year sure looks good on paper until you look at the other changes.
Don't get sick or hurt either without PTO saved up. You'll go a month without a check.
I'm glad your W-2 looks good though.

It has EVERYTHING to do with them. They decide what insurance to offer us.
Back when I started, we had company paid insurance for all. Sure, we made an bit less than other lines, but we paid 0 for insurance.
What you make in a year sure looks good on paper until you look at the other changes.
Don't get sick or hurt either without PTO saved up. You'll go a month without a check.
I'm glad your W-2 looks good though.
Has XPO reduced our benefits? Yes. Is XPO the only one to do it? No. As I said, I know a lot of people in other industries and they’ve all had health care reduced. We live in the best country in the world, yet somehow a single medical diagnosis can ruin everything a family has worked for. XPO is by no means innocent, but they’re not the cause.

Has XPO reduced our benefits? Yes. Is XPO the only one to do it? No. As I said, I know a lot of people in other industries and they’ve all had health care reduced. We live in the best country in the world, yet somehow a single medical diagnosis can ruin everything a family has worked for. XPO is by no means innocent, but they’re not the cause.
But does that mean XPO must follow suit or could they provide better benefits to attract new talent and keep the present employees pleased? Just look at the healthcare we offer new drivers. It's embarrassing.
How many of our customers would pay more money to see their delivery times slowed down? I don't think many.

nobody ever said we were getting paid like crap,it's all relevant,if our OR is second best in the industry behind only old dominion,and we are HEAD AND SHOULDERS ahead of fed-ex and ups,yet are paid far less,have no pension as compared to ups,other companies gave bonuses after trump tax break,and if old dominion out earns there goal,EXTRA money is poured into their 401k VOLUNTARILY by the company($2800)i'm told last yr,what have we gotten???????????????higher ins premiums,nothing "extra",and a yearly "market review",in april.................do we make a "good" living of course,could management make us feel more appreciated?????????bring back 401k match is the least they could do

nobody ever said we were getting paid like crap,it's all relevant,if our OR is second best in the industry behind only old dominion,and we are HEAD AND SHOULDERS ahead of fed-ex and ups,yet are paid far less,have no pension as compared to ups,other companies gave bonuses after trump tax break,and if old dominion out earns there goal,EXTRA money is poured into their 401k VOLUNTARILY by the company($2800)i'm told last yr,what have we gotten???????????????higher ins premiums,nothing "extra",and a yearly "market review",in april.................do we make a "good" living of course,could management make us feel more appreciated?????????bring back 401k match is the least they could do
The least they could do is what they have done so far: nothing in comparison to our competitors.

Where does it stop when does it end ? The executive officers take tens of millions of dollars every year into their pockets but tell the ones who do the work we need to raise your health premiums and co pays and keep your pay raises to a minimum. They will continue to cut cost and hold wages and benefits to the bare minimum to maximize their income. This will continue as long as you allow it.
The vast majority realize this but are unfortunately waiting for change to happen without doing anything about it.

Last edited:
Truth !
If you have to use the vastly degrade insurance you will realize how its declined .If you solely concentrate on you weekly premiums alone and don't get ill its hard to understand.