XPO | Income

But does that mean XPO must follow suit or could they provide better benefits to attract new talent and keep the present employees pleased? Just look at the healthcare we offer new drivers. It's embarrassing.
How many of our customers would pay more money to see their delivery times slowed down? I don't think many.
The last five drivers we hired said we offers one of the best compensation packages.

Did they all make that proclamation together. " We the newest drivers proclaim this is the highest compensating job out there as of this day ..... "
No. It was separate conversation I had about why they decided to work here. You should try that some day. I asked questions and they answered.
Any other questions you’d like me to answer?

The last five drivers we hired said we offers one of the best compensation packages.
Did they come from otr companies, small regional freight companies? Yeah, this would be an upgrade for anyone like that. I'm pretty confident they didn't come from OD, FedEx, or UPS freight.
I was referring to insurance though, not compensation. There's literally no way they can say out new employee insurance is some if the best out there.

Did they come from otr companies, small regional freight companies? Yeah, this would be an upgrade for anyone like that. I'm pretty confident they didn't come from OD, FedEx, or UPS freight.
I was referring to insurance though, not compensation. There's literally no way they can say out new employee insurance is some if the best out there.
In some areas we might be the best in compensation. It all has to do with were the barn is at. There are 3 LTL companies near my barn and when the "We are hiring" sign go out we all have a hard time getting drivers. We are on a very busy truck road and when we put the sign up only one applied. We have 3 companies that are non-ltl in our area and they make $18-19 per hour with no OT and have the same or worst benefits then we do. You would think they would be knocking down the door at one of these LTL companies. Some just like were they work and other are out for top $$$$$

You are correct.

Should we be paid more? Are we paid enough for how much and how hard we work?

Is it wrong to want a share of the profit when you work very hard to get the profit?

Hopefully , we will hear from the leadership of XPO Logistics in regards to compensation, retirement , and benefits. FedEx did okay , maybe XPO Logistics will keep up.

FedEx said on Friday it will spend more than $3.2 billion on wage increases, bonuses, pension funding and capital investment, taking advantage of the tax overhaul signed into law in December.

The announcement makes FedEx the latest US company to promise higher pay for workers, citing the tax cuts.

FedEx, which said the recent tax changes would likely boost economic growth and investment in the US, also said it would contribute $1.5 billion to an employee pension plan.

The company plans more than $200 million in higher compensation, about two-thirds of which will go to hourly employees
with the remainder funding increases in performance-based incentive plans for salaried workers.

NYPost.com

P.S.

I have not read anything that says how much of a share FedEx Freight will receive as far as raises and pension.

As we know the LTL driver got there raise. The big question are the getting another one?? FedEx is a very large company with many division. No were in there statement did they mention what division or who was getting the raise. the only thing they state is the 1.5million to the employee pension plan.

Of course we should be paid more. Are we paid enough? I have no idea. What is enough? I do know that despite all the negative Nelly’s fear mongering, every year since XPO bought us, I’ve made more money.
I made more and worked less to get it. What I made this last year I made without trying. I wander what I would have made if I was trying to make more.

I’m well aware of this. The truth is it has nothing to do with XPO. I know families that have good jobs and they’ve lost everything when someone is diagnosed with cancer. The health care system in this country sucks. Nobody wants to actually fix it.
We can thank the Democrats and Obama for the state of our heath care system. If you remember he, Obama, said we would see a cost savings of around $1200 to $1500 in premiums per year per family. I still waiting for that to kick in.

In some areas we might be the best in compensation. It all has to do with were the barn is at. There are 3 LTL companies near my barn and when the "We are hiring" sign go out we all have a hard time getting drivers. We are on a very busy truck road and when we put the sign up only one applied. We have 3 companies that are non-ltl in our area and they make $18-19 per hour with no OT and have the same or worst benefits then we do. You would think they would be knocking down the door at one of these LTL companies. Some just like were they work and other are out for top $$$$$
Word gets around quickly among drivers in a community as to whether a certain company is good to work for. It’s why mine is struggling to hire anyone able to pass a drug test

I don’t remember where they came from. One was OTR. A few of them said they interviewed with another LTL and chose XPO.

I don’t remember where they came from. One was OTR. A few of them said they interviewed with another LTL and chose XPO.
Both you and I know that most drivers never look into the future very much. They wanna see whats on the check. Hell year an otr driver will be impressed with our pay while he's making .34 per mile. It just happened to me last week, the guy liked to have passed out after he inquired about a LTL job.

Word gets around quickly among drivers in a community as to whether a certain company is good to work for. It’s why mine is struggling to hire anyone able to pass a drug test
The same reason we have trouble. I remember back in the day I had some of my fellow drivers and friends told me to stay away from CCX. I think that stink is still hanging around.

As we know the LTL driver got there raise. The big question are the getting another one?? FedEx is a very large company with many division. No were in there statement did they mention what division or who was getting the raise. the only thing they state is the 1.5million to the employee pension plan.
That's why I put the P.S. there at the bottom of the post.