Dayton | Indianapolis (Greenwood) Linehaul

Mack185

TB Lurker
Credits
I've lived in this area for almost five years and I don't think Dayton has hired much in that entire time. Well now they seem to aggressively hiring linehaul and city drivers and I'm definitely interested. They are right around the corner from the house, have a great reputation and seem to pay well.

I applied for linehaul as I currently work nights. My questions are:
-Is this a good barn to work out of?
-Anybody have any knowledge on whether the bid runs are pretty good?
-It says starting rate is .59 per/mile, what's the top rate and how long to get it?
-My current employer is all automatics and it sucks, do you all run manuals or automatics?
-I can't worry about layoffs, is that a possibility? I know ODFL overhired here in Indy and laid off big time, now they are hiring again oddly enough.

My current job is great as far as benefits and pension but you have to live there to make any money and I'm sick of it. Thanks in advance.

I've lived in this area for almost five years and I don't think Dayton has hired much in that entire time. Well now they seem to aggressively hiring linehaul and city drivers and I'm definitely interested. They are right around the corner from the house, have a great reputation and seem to pay well.

-It says starting rate is .59 per/mile, what's the top rate and how long to get it?
-My current employer is all automatics and it sucks, do you all run manuals or automatics?
-I can't worry about layoffs, is that a possibility? I know ODFL overhired here in Indy and laid off big time, now they are hiring again oddly enough.

My current job is great as far as benefits and pension but you have to live there to make any money and I'm sick of it. Thanks in advance.
I worked @ ABF. But, I think Dayton is the best non-union carrier in the Mid-West. Treat you well, let you do your job with little over site. I am told if you do your job, look professional, & don't wine a lot, you will do better here than most other company's. If you hire on in Indy, one of the nicest people you will meet is April, in the office. A first class gal with a great family. Her & her husband Darin used to be my neighbors. I miss them. Good people to be around. von.

i run linehaul out of one of the chicago barns, been with Dayton 4 years and ill tell you this is the best company ive worked for in 15 years of doing this ole' truckin thing.

- Indy terminal is our hub, so yes its a great barn to work out of. PLENTY of work coming out of here.
-Most new hires on linehaul will go to the open board until next bid is held, but as i said, plenty of miles coming out of this barn weather on a bid run or open board.
-As of May 3rd the starting rate for linehaul is .631/mile, top is .718/mile and its 2 year progression to top rate. Keep in mind we get a cost of living raise every May
-All automatic tractors
-No worry about layoffs, from what i hear there hasnt been a layoff in this company in a long time.

We are super busy company wide plenty of work and miles to get. A slow week for me is 2600 miles, while other guys are pushing 3000+
We've been working hard and running long but ya know what its better than the alternative.