SAIA | Indy Linehaul

Ajaz0810

TB Lurker
Credits
I’m a newer driver with only 1.5 years experience OTR but im attracted to SAIA Linehaul. I see advertisements that they’re hiring out of the Indianapolis terminal. Anybody know anything about the Indy Terminal? Does it have good runs? They say 2200-2500 miles a week and home on weekend which is good for me. I’m sure I’ll be on an extra board till I get seniority but that’s ok. Just want to see if anybody has experience with that terminal and what their experiences are. Thank you.

Saia, Indianapolis, has moved into a large brand new facility, at 4960 Decatur Road. According to Google maps, the satellite view, 4960 Decatur Road, shows an empty field just under construction but, if you click on the gallery of 6 photos, middle left, you will see the finished but not yet opened terminal. It is impressive. Another way to see how big this terminal is use street view of 4960 decatur or the cross street, Thompson Road. These views are months old but they can give you a idea of just how big this terminal is. If you go here, https://www.saia.com/tools-and-resources/terminals you will see that the terminal is operational.

There are two types of runs and maybe other types of hybrids like a shuttle/ work dock type of thing but regular bid, system and team runs are the main ones. Home on the weekend sounds like a system run. A system run means you pack your bags and expect to stay out all week and home on weekends and maybe home during the week. It just depends on where Central Dispatch needs you to fill in or since the Indy terminal is this large it probably will have its own, in house, Central dispatcher. According to the system guy, at my barn, you will stay busy. He racks up 2500/ 3000 miles per week @.68 cents per mile, and drops. You do the math.

I've been Saia Linehaul for a long time. Saia has provided a nice, stable living for my family but Saia has the truck camera situation going. I would suggest you read the camera threads on the Saia section. If the camera policy doesn't matter to you,my advice is, if you are going to jump to Saia Linehaul, regular bid or system, then do it as soon as possible. Just a few days of seniority can make a big difference, when rebid times come around, and, with a new terminal, which is still fine tuning its run schedule, rebids can come around several times a year.

Good luck. If you have other questions or concerns, we'll try to help.

Saia, Indianapolis, has moved into a large brand new facility, at 4960 Decatur Road. According to Google maps, the satellite view, 4960 Decatur Road, shows an empty field just under construction but, if you click on the gallery of 6 photos, middle left, you will see the finished but not yet opened terminal. It is impressive. Another way to see how big this terminal is use street view of 4960 decatur or the cross street, Thompson Road. These views are months old but they can give you a idea of just how big this terminal is. If you go here, https://www.saia.com/tools-and-resources/terminals you will see that the terminal is operational.

There are two types of runs and maybe other types of hybrids like a shuttle/ work dock type of thing but regular bid, system and team runs are the main ones. Home on the weekend sounds like a system run. A system run means you pack your bags and expect to stay out all week and home on weekends and maybe home during the week. It just depends on where Central Dispatch needs you to fill in or since the Indy terminal is this large it probably will have its own, in house, Central dispatcher. According to the system guy, at my barn, you will stay busy. He racks up 2500/ 3000 miles per week @.68 cents per mile, and drops. You do the math.

I've been Saia Linehaul for a long time. Saia has provided a nice, stable living for my family but Saia has the truck camera situation going. I would suggest you read the camera threads on the Saia section. If the camera policy doesn't matter to you,my advice is, if you are going to jump to Saia Linehaul, regular bid or system, then do it as soon as possible. Just a few days of seniority can make a big difference, when rebid times come around, and, with a new terminal, which is still fine tuning its run schedule, rebids can come around several times a year.

Good luck. If you have other questions or concerns, we'll try to help.
Good advice. von.

Rather than starting a new thread about Indy - does the new terminal have a 24hr shop & fuel?
Going by google street view, it's got a separate building with trailer and tractor size doors, whether it's shop is 24 hours or not is not listed and it is listed as having bulk fuel .